DRAFT 18th December 2003 XKMS Teleconference Minutes
Last revised by $Author: smysore $ $Date: 2003/12/18 17:28:24 $
Chairs: Stephen Farrell, Shivaram Mysore
Note Takers: Shivaram Mysore
- Shivaram Mysore, Sun Microsystems
- Stepehen Farrell, Trinity College, Dublin
- Frederick Hirsch, Nokia Mobile Phones
- Jose Kahan, W3C
- Pete Wenzel, See Beyond
- Roland Lockhart, Entrust
- Blake Dournaee, Sarvega
- Blair Dillaway, Microsoft
- Rich Salz, Datapower
- F. Hirsch: How the key is conveyed in WSS header is the main
issue. XKMS should be made usable in this context. If
KeyInfo is sent to the server which includes a SecruityToken reference,
then how can this be done. WS-I is profiling work on WSS where
they are saying just include WS-I SecurityToken reference in WSS.
XKMS does only Public Key, so at this time, answer to questions
- Client of XKMS code must do the necessary translation to
present it to the XKMS Server
- 2nd point is moot because of the answer to the first one.
- Frederick also sent this resolution
to the list
- Should there be request to W3C to include support for extending
XML DSig - specifically KeyInfo. Jose answered stating that W3C
is working on addressing this issue.
- AI: PHB editorial fix the missing links in schema
- AI: PHB editorial fix on id vs ID
- AI: PHB create an errata between the last release and this new
version created so that it is easier for developers implementing
- AI: PHB to include text regarding Xades from Stephen
- AI: PHB to fix the spec regarding the Open
- AI: Jose to create a xkms-editor mailing list which includes PHB
+ www-xkms email ids.
- Poll: Anyone objects to the exisitng "Exit Criteria" -
concensus - everyone agreed that the exit criteria is reasonable.
If anyone has any objection, they will have to post a message to
the list by December 19, 2003. If there are no objections on the
list, then the issue shall be considered closed and exit criteria is
- AI: Jose to propose on the list issue on use of hashes - RDF ??
- Entrust will plan to release a public version of the XKMS client.
- AI: Shivaram, Stephen, Jose: Update Specs with fixes for PHB's AI
and upload to web site - soon.
- 6 months for the implementation period. If we finish
earlier, we can close earlier.
- Date: January TBD, 2004; Time - 8:30AM - 9:30AM