W3C XML Key Management Services WG

DRAFT 14th March 2003 XKMS Teleconference Minutes
Chairs: Stephen Farrell, Shivaram Mysore
Note Takers: Shivaram Mysore

Last revised by $Author: smysore $ $Date: 2003/03/14 16:26:36 $


  1. Shivaram Mysore, Sun Microsystems
  2. Stephen Farrell, Baltimore
  3. Phillip Hallam-Baker, Verisign
  4. Joseph Reagle, W3C
  5. Frederick Hirsch, Nokia
  6. Yassir Elley, Sun Microsystems


  1. Blair Dillaway, Microsoft
  2. Mike Just, Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat (TBS)



  1. Specification Status update + new issues addressing - Phill
  2. Next Steps - Round Table

Refer to XKMS Spec Part 1 and XKMS Spec Part 2 updated on 12 February, 2003.

  1. Phill has addressed most of the issues from the previous telecon
  2. Phill is yet to fix a few more issues:
    1. PKCS#10 issue raised by Merlin
    2. Certificates are not correct still. Obtained code from Brian and Blair. Will incorporate them soon
    3. Example for Compounding not done still
  3. Phill is yet to visit the new comments posted on the list since the last update to the spec on Feb 12, 2003. Will get to it in the next 2 weeks
  4. It was noted that most comments that would be received from now on would be more related to implementation and also editorial
  5. Joseph Regale (JR) has sent comments to the list regarding editorial and examples
  6. ACTION Phill to send out updated issues list to the list
  7. Phill has modified his internal document generation mechanism so that draft specs that are generated are more W3C pubrules compliant
  8. Shivaram talked about use of word policy loosely. ACTION: Shivaram was requested to send examples to the list
  9. Publish a version of Spec before end of March, 2003 - Phill, JR, Chairs to work
  10. WS-Trust - Phill said this specification proposed by Microsoft, Verisign and IBM had tasked him to see how much of XKMS could be used and what parts of it could be used. ACTION: Phill was requested to post links to the document to the list. It was also suggested that a tutorial presentation to understand what WS-Trust exactly provides and how it is useful to XKMS would be very useful. Based on these, a charter change to take up the work item or a new charter in itself depending on the scope may be necessary.
  11. It was also expressed by the members that we should agressively move towards Last Call by the week of April 16th (RSA Conference) so that we can do some PR. It was also suggested that we could have more than one telecon a week from March 27 to accomplish this.

Next Telecons