Semantic Web one step at a time
- Data identification and retrieval:
- Enables applications to gather data from different domains without "screen scraping".
- Organic development of vocabularies:
- Ontologies may be developed by anyone.
- Information providers decide which vocabularies they wish to use.
- Likely scenario:
- One or more data providers in a domain use their expertise to develop an ontology.
- They write and publish a schema for use by others.
- Many data providers choose to use this schema (it wins the popularity contest).
- Model constraints:
- Enable machine-enforced type checking.
- Enable type inferencing.
If it has a personel:HealthCarePackage it must be a personel:Person.
- Assertions and proofs:
- Enable agents to accept data (from multiple sources) and "make decisions".
I am an employee of MemberCo.
MemberCo is a member of W3C.
I (therefor) have access to http://www.w3.org/Member/.