- Requirements and specification for (partial) XML document encryption based on
pre-existing specifications (e.g., Canonical XML, DOM, Information Set) wherever possible.
- Specify a minimal set of encryption and key information for interoperability purposes.
This may be a separate document or part of the specification.
- Address security concerns arising from the design and its implementation. This may be a
separate document or part of the specification.
- Optionally, develop a document of scenarios and recommendations regarding the affects
and requirements of XML Encryption processing on XML parsing and validation. This must be
a separate document.
The working group will not address the following issues:
- Public key infrastructure.
- Authentication and authorization.
- Trust management systems.
- XML schemas for certificates.