This is the Meeting Page including Agenda for the Web Applications WG (WebApps) f2f meeting in San Jose CA US, 10-11 April 2014.
Some specific topics will have pre-allocated time slots. The remaining time slots will be allocated by the meeting participants during the meeting, mostly on the morning of April 10 but the agenda may have minor updates throughout the 2-day meeting. Group members may add Potential Topics to this document or propose agenda topics by sending an e-mail to the group's public-webapps mail list.
This Meeting Page, in particular the Agenda, is a WorkInProgress and Will Change!
Registration for this meeting is CLOSED.
- Dates = 10-11 April 2014; eBay is hosting a social event on April 9 starting @ 17:00 and all meeting participants are welcome to attend.
- Time = See below; all times are the local time zone
- Meeting Host = eBay
- Location = eBay: 2211 N. First Street; San Jose, CA, US
- Meeting Room = @TBD; meet at lobby of Building 12 by 08:45 at the latest.
- IRC channel = #webapps; irc.w3.org:6665
- Voice Conference Bridge: W3C's Zakim Bridge will be used if/when needed. +1.617.761.6200; see also Zakim SIP Bridge; PIN = 9274# (WAPI)
Specifications, Documents and References
Potential agenda topics (alphabetical order). Comments and feedback on all of these topics before the meeting is welcomed and encouraged as that may eliminate the topic from f2f agenda:
- Charter update: Draft charter; Current Charter (expires 2014-May-31); WebApps' Time to REC data
- HTML5 Normative Reference Issues: see HTMLWG Wik; specs considered problematic: D3E, URL, XHR; specs that require further assessment: DOM Parsing & Serialization, File API, Web IDL, Web Workers.
- Next f2f meeting: TPAC 2014 Oct 27-28 (Santa Clara CA US)
- DOM 3 Events: addressing high priority bugs; plan to get the spec to Last Call; lead by Travis and Gary
- Editing APIs; led by Ryosuke; see Ryosuke's April 9 e-mail that proposes two topics:
- Separating selection API to its own spec to be chartered by WebApps WG.
- New editing primitive API / improving contenteditable
- File APIs: lead by Arun, Jonas
- IndexedDB: Lead by Joshua and Jonas
- Interop: lead by Test Facilitators
- IndexedDB: status of tests; plan for interop testing; Zhiqiang
- Server-sent Events: Implementation Report; status and plan to get spec through CR; Tina and Zhiqiang
- Web Messaging: Implementation Report; status and plan to get spec through CR; Alex
- Web Sockets: Implementation Report; status and plan to get spec through CR; Kris
- Web Workers: status and plans to get spec through CR; Simon
- News, Lightning Talks, ...:
- Screen Orientation; see Mounir's April 3 status
- Streams API: status and plans; lead by Feras and Takeshi and Domenic
- There have been two separate specs (W3C and WHATWG). We recently agreed to converge work.
- Domenic is editing the spec for core primitives at WHATWG GitHub repo whatwg/streams. Takeshi and Feras are also working on it. Please take a look at this one basically.
- There're only bugs about browser specific features at Bug tracker at W3C.
- See GitHub issue trakcer for outstanding issues about the core primitives
- See Requirements for design rationale
- Web Components: status and plans; high priority issues from Dimitri on April 7; implementation status; testing status and plans; lead by Dimitri
- Web IDL v1: status and plans to get Web IDL v1 LC published; led by Cameron (probably remotely)
Agenda Thursday April 10
- 09:00 - 09:30 Rearranging the room; Logistics; Introductions
- 09:30 - 10:30 Tweak agenda à la an unconference style meeting; Spec status
- 10:30 - 11:00 Coffee Break
- 11:00 - 11:30 Editing APIs; Ryosuke
- 11:30 - 12:00 File API + FileSystem API; Arun
- 12:00 - 13:00 Lunch
- 13:00 - 13:30 Service Workers: (with SysApps members); led by Alex and Jungkee
- Status and plans
- Timeframe for FPWD
- Bugs and Issues
- 13:30-14:00 Push API; see Bryan's 2014-Apr-09 status
- 14:00-14:30 Manifest for Web Apps: (with SysApps members);
- See Marcos' Discussion Topics
- 14:30 - 15:00 Break
- 15:00 - 15:30 IDB v.Next
- 15:30 - 16:00 Screen Orientation
- 16:00 - 16:30 Web Workers v2
- 16:30 - 17:00 Admin: copying specs; Friday agenda
Agenda Friday April 11
- 09:00 - 09:10 Update agenda
- 09:10 - 11:00 Web Components
- 11:00 - 11:30 Break
- 11:30 - 12:30 Web Components
- 12:30 - 13:00 Lunch
- 13:00 - 14:30 Web Components
- 14:30 - Adjourn (see everyone @ TPAC 2014 in Santa Clara, CA US week of October 27)