This is a list of editor's drafts for the Model-Based UI Working Group. We are currently using Google Docs as convenient means for collaborative editing. When the Working Group judges a document is ready for publication as a W3C Technical Report, the document will be exported to HTML and checked against W3C's publication rules.
- Introduction to Model-Based User Interface Design Working Group Note expected Q4 2012
- Glossary of MBUI-Terms Working Group Note expected Q4 2012
- Adaptation of User Interfaces Working Group Note expected Q4 2012
- Complementary List of Use Cases Working Group Note expected Q4 2012
- MBUI - Task Models First Public Working Draft - 2 August 2012, a revised draft is in preparation
- MBUI - Abstract User Interfaces First Public Working Draft expected Q4 2012
Exporting Google doc to clean HTML
Google Docs provide a means to export documents to HTML, but the markup is messy. Dave has extended HTML Tidy to support this, but you still need to do quite a bit of manual editing afterwards, see source of draft FPWD for task models.
We may want to consider switching to using the wiki for editor's drafts as these are easily converted to nicely nested sections in HTML5 using the following Chrome extension:
This would also ensure that the document content is held on the W3C server without the (very small) risk of Google dropping their document service.