Last modified on 14 March 2011, at 17:18
The mailing lists have been one of the main tools for developing HTML. It is sometimes a bit difficult to find the history of lists and what were their scope.
- earliest discussions about the Web at CERN and then W3C from September 1991 to December 1992 and from January 1995 to now. The GAP is available at webhistory www-talk archives.
- group working on HTML at IETF from July 1994 to August 1996
- group working on HTML at CERN from May 1994 to February 1995 and at W3C from March 1995 to now
- comments on the HTML4 and XHTML family specifications at W3C from April 1997 to now
- work on HTML5 and new APIs at W3C from March 2007 to now
- work on HTML5 and new APIs at WhatWG from April 2004 to now