Publishing Working Group
GoToMeeting information for regular calls
The group uses GoToMeeting (courtesy of EDRLab) for the calls.
Joining the call is restricted to the official members of the Publishing Working Group. Joining the group for representatives of W3C Members can be done via the join form (this form must be filled by the AC representative of the Member organization).
How to join the meeting
- Name: W3C Publishing WG
- Accessing the call from a computer or mobile device: https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/994278485
- Accessing the call from a phone:
- Access code: 994-278-485
- Phone numbers from different countries:
- USA: +1 (312) 757-3129
- UK: +44 330 221 0088
- Canada: +1 (647) 497-9353
- Germany: +49 692 5736 7317
- Austria: +43 7 2088 3962
- Belgium: +32 28 93 7018
- Danemark: +45 32 72 03 82
- Spain: +34 932 75 2004
- Finland: +358 923 17 0568
- France: +33 170 950 594
- Ireland: +353 15 360 728
- Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 42
- Norway: +47 21 93 37 51
- Netherlands: +31 207 941 377
- Sweden: +46 853 527 836
- Switzerland: +41 225 4599 78
- First GoToMeeting? Test at: https://care.citrixonline.com/g2m/getready
- The call must be started by an organizer; this can be either one of the co-chairs, the staff contact, Laurent Le Meur, or Ric Wright.
- By default, you are muted when you enter the call; you must unmute yourself explicitly.
- There is a Customer Support Page on Citrix showing the software and hardware requirements. You can also download the “Citrix Online Launcher” application, which is worth installing.
- Unfortunately, when starting the call from a browser, different browsers act a little bit differently. The information on that page does not always coincide with some of the experiences below.
- Chromium based browsers (e.g., Chrome, Vivaldi, Brave, etc.): the full interaction works within the browser, no external application is necessary. (I.e., it is a ‘Web App’.)
- For other browsers and external application is necessary to launch the call.
- Safari: downloads the app when used for the first time, and then launches the app automatically.
- Firefox: Unfortunately, at this moment (2017-07), the download has to happen every time the call is accessed, and the application must be started explicitly; Firefox does not seem to recognize an already installed launcher. When using Firefox as your main browser it may be a better idea to launch the downloaded application.
- Edge: (to be completed…)
- There are also IOS and Android applications (see again the Customer Support Page on Citrix), if you prefer to run from a mobile.