A Common Vocabulary: Definitions & Clarification of Terms for the HTML WG
Purpose of This Page
This page is the beginnings of an effort to achieve working group consensus on the meaning of commonly used terms, so that everyone in the working group, as well as the general public, can ascertain how the working group reached consensus on a common working group vocabulary, one term at a time.
Note: to contribute to this effort, please observe the following attempt at naming consistency by creating new pages using the filename "HTML/DefinitionXXXX", where "XXXX" is the term under consideration or which is a bone of contention. (Example: "HTML/DefinitionUniversality")
Terms In Search of a Definitive Definition
Note: The following terms are listed in alphabetic order:
- Fall Back Content: What Does It Mean?
- Universality: How and Whether to Define It
Related Issues and Wiki Pages
- Defining Terms, Variables and Abbreviations
- Glossary for the HTML WG
- Web Accessibility Initiative's (Printable) Glossary
- Note: The WAI Glossary not only addresses accessibility-oriented terms, but terms as they are used in W3C Technical Reports
Thread: Steps Towards a Common WG Vocabulary
- Steps Towards a Common WG Vocabulary (Gregory J. Rosmaita, post to public-html, 1 August 2007)
Other Working Group Resources