Last modified on 6 February 2012, at 13:23
Please justify/explain all edits to this page, in your "edit summary" text.
<sandro> Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-egov-ig/2012Jan/0028.html <sandro> Guest: Lee Feigenbaum <sandro> Guest: James Gardner <sandro> Guest: Makx Dekkers <sandro> Guest: Kevin Simkins <sandro> Present: Anne_Washington, Bernadette_Hyland, Brand_Niemann, Daniel_Bennett, Ed_Summers, Gannon_Dick, George_Thomas, James_Forrester, Jeanne Holm, John Erickson, Martín_Álvarez, Sandro_Hawke <sandro> chair: jeanne <sandro> Scribe: sandro #13:12:43 <RRSAgent> RRSAgent has joined #egov #13:12:43 <RRSAgent> logging to http://www.w3.org/2012/01/24-egov-irc #13:12:46 <Zakim> Zakim has joined #egov #13:13:00 <sandro> zakim, this will be egov #13:13:00 <Zakim> I do not see a conference matching that name scheduled within the next hour, sandro #13:13:15 <sandro> zakim, room for 50 at 9am for 90 minutes? #13:13:15 <Zakim> I don't understand your question, sandro. #13:13:28 <sandro> zakim, room for 50 at 9:00 for 90 minutes? #13:13:31 <Zakim> ok, sandro; conference Team_(egov)14:00Z scheduled with code 26631 (CONF1) at 09:00 for 90 minutes until 1530Z; however, please note that capacity is now overbooked #13:18:48 <jdforrester> jdforrester has joined #egov ##13:20:57 <Ralph> Ralph has joined #egov #13:21:28 <sandro> Hey, Ralph. I make an ad hoc, hoping it would default to code EGOV. #13:21:32 <sandro> (but it didnt) #13:21:55 <sandro> THANK YOU!! #13:22:22 <sandro> Please. #13:23:08 <Ralph> done #13:23:52 <Ralph> Ralph has left #egov #13:26:57 <sandro> zakim, what is the code? #13:26:57 <Zakim> the conference code is 3468 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 sip:firstname.lastname@example.org), sandro #13:27:04 <sandro> RRSAgent, pointer? #13:27:04 <RRSAgent> See http://www.w3.org/2012/01/24-egov-irc#T13-27-04 #13:27:12 <sandro> RRSAgent, set logs public #13:31:21 <olyerickson> olyerickson has joined #egov #13:36:23 <sandro> good morning, olyerickson #13:55:53 <brand> brand has joined #egov #13:56:18 <citizencontact> citizencontact has joined #egov #13:56:49 <LeeF> LeeF has joined #egov 13:57:05 <Zakim> Team_(egov)14:00Z has now started 13:57:12 <Zakim> +sandro 13:57:39 <Zakim> +??P2 13:58:09 <sandro> sandro has changed the topic to: eGov IG - Call +1.617.761.6200 code 3468 (EGOV) - Platforms for Open Data 13:58:09 <Zakim> + +1.703.281.aaaa 13:58:13 <martin> martin has joined #egov 13:59:12 <Jeanne> Jeanne has joined #egov 13:59:20 <Zakim> + +44.207.222.aabb 13:59:31 <jdforrester> zakim, ??P2 may be me 13:59:31 <Zakim> +jdforrester; got it 13:59:45 <james_gardner> james_gardner has joined #egov 14:00:03 <Zakim> +??P7 14:00:07 <Zakim> +[IPcaller] 14:00:08 <Zakim> +??P8 14:00:10 <martin> zakim, ??P7 is me 14:00:10 <Zakim> +martin; got it 14:00:15 <olyerickson> zakim, P8 is me. 14:00:15 <Zakim> sorry, olyerickson, I do not recognize a party named 'P8' 14:00:17 <Ansgar> Ansgar has joined #egov 14:00:20 <Jeanne> P8 is me 14:00:30 <olyerickson> zakim, ??p8 is me. 14:00:30 <Zakim> +olyerickson; got it 14:00:31 <annew> annew has joined #egov 14:00:36 <martin> zakim, mute me 14:00:36 <Zakim> martin should now be muted 14:00:40 <olyerickson> zakim, mute me. 14:00:41 <Zakim> olyerickson should now be muted 14:01:29 <Carlo> Carlo has joined #egov 14:01:48 <olyerickson> Hi everyone! 14:01:51 <olyerickson> yep! 14:02:04 <wnbot> wnbot has joined #egov 14:02:44 <Zakim> + +1.571.331.aacc 14:02:47 <Zakim> +[IPcaller.a] 14:02:53 <Zakim> + +1.202.684.aadd 14:02:58 <sandro> jeanne: Working on a new co-chair. I'm looking forward to that being completed very soon. 14:02:59 <LeeF> zakim, IPcaller.a is me 14:02:59 <Zakim> +LeeF; got it 14:03:05 <Zakim> + +1.847.699.aaee 14:03:17 <citizencontact> .aadd is me Daniel Bennett 14:03:19 <Zakim> -jdforrester 14:03:22 <sandro> jeanne: When we have that, we can dig in on the plans from our TPAC meeting 14:03:22 <jdforrester> Argh. 14:03:25 <Makx> Makx has joined #egov 14:03:37 <Zakim> +??P2 14:03:44 <KevinSimkins> KevinSimkins has joined #egov 14:03:45 <jdforrester> Zakim, ??P2 is me 14:03:45 <Zakim> +jdforrester; got it 14:03:47 <olyerickson> zakim, who is on the phone? 14:03:47 <Zakim> On the phone I see sandro, +1.703.281.aaaa, +44.207.222.aabb, martin (muted), [IPcaller], olyerickson (muted), +1.571.331.aacc, LeeF, +1.202.684.aadd, +1.847.699.aaee, jdforrester 14:03:51 <sandro> Jeanne: I'll email out some details about upcoming meetings, too. 14:04:16 <citizencontact> .aadd is Daniel Bennett 14:04:25 <james_gardner> James Gardner (from the OKF present) 14:04:35 <sandro> zakim, aacc is bhyland 14:04:35 <Zakim> +bhyland; got it 14:04:46 <sandro> zakim, aass is DanielBennett 14:04:46 <Zakim> sorry, sandro, I do not recognize a party named 'aass' 14:04:49 <brand> Brand Niemann (Semantic Community) present 14:04:51 <sandro> zakim, aadd is DanielBennett 14:04:51 <Zakim> +DanielBennett; got it 14:04:52 <Zakim> +??P18 14:04:54 <Zakim> + +1.509.464.aaff <sandro> Topic: Open Government Platform 14:05:19 <sandro> jeanne: Status check on US+India open data platform 14:05:24 <sandro> jeanne: ckan 14:05:33 <sandro> jeanne: connecting with other folks, too. 14:05:38 <james_gardner> CKAN Presentation Plan: http://ckan.okfnpad.org/egov 14:06:01 <olyerickson> We need to give more feedback ;) 14:06:06 <sandro> jeanne: apprreciate feedback on github release 14:06:06 <Jeanne> http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2011/12/05/datagov-goes-global 14:07:05 <sandro> jeanne: blog post, "data.gov goes global", platform, uses drupal 14:07:21 <Jeanne> http://www.data.gov/opengovplatform 14:07:52 <Jeanne> https://github.com/opengovplatform/opengovplatform 14:07:56 <Zakim> +George_Thomas 14:08:43 <Zakim> + +1.413.652.aagg 14:09:19 <sandro> jeanne: All the component pieces are or will be available 14:09:39 <sandro> jeanne: Gov't of India will be releasing the website part of it. 14:10:13 <sandro> jeanne: Anyone can create these themselves, but we wanted to make sure people who wanted wholeheartedly embrace the platform, it would be there. 14:10:18 <olyerickson> Comment: People should really take a look at OGPL, there are some cool features incl. workflow, etc 14:10:28 <sandro> jeanne: 3rd piece is Communities (of Interest) 14:10:36 <sandro> ... just launched "Education" community 14:10:45 <ed_> ed_ has joined #egov 14:10:48 <sandro> s/Comment:// 14:11:21 <George> George has joined #egov 14:11:21 <sandro> ... we want the Communities part in the base, and will put that out soon 14:11:33 <sandro> ... So, we've got those three parts 14:11:54 <sandro> ... We're working to get these into the hands of developers who can use it, improve it. 14:12:26 <olyerickson> There has been very little activity on OGPL Github issues list, people need to be posting there https://github.com/opengovplatform/opengovplatform/issues 14:12:34 <sandro> ... In our own case, for data.gov, we have a lot amount of geospacial data, and use socrata (for interaction with data, on the site), maybe other commercial add-ons -- fitting in with Open Source platform. 14:12:51 <sandro> ... Hoping to have this operational by June. 14:13:01 <Zakim> +[IPcaller.a] 14:13:15 <edsu> zakim, IPcaller.a is edsu 14:13:15 <Zakim> +edsu; got it 14:13:32 <sandro> ,,,any questions? 14:13:39 <sandro> bhyland: Who is the "we" there...? 14:14:07 <sandro> ... communities and open-source projects often have people's names associated with them. this seems a bit antiseptic for open source. 14:14:26 <olyerickson> Link on OGPL site to NIC appears broken; should it be http://www.nic.in/ 14:15:22 <sandro> jeanne: Good point, thanks. "We" on the US side is the 5-person data.gov team, ... 14:15:54 <sandro> ... Chris M. uploaded the content, but .. etc.. 14:15:56 <olyerickson> zakim, unmute me. 14:15:56 <Zakim> olyerickson should no longer be muted 14:16:01 <olyerickson> q+ 14:16:14 <citizencontact> please mute if not talking 14:16:21 <olyerickson> zakim, mute me. 14:16:21 <Zakim> olyerickson should now be muted 14:16:35 <sandro> bhyland: I'd appreciate seeing the names of people who can be contacted, for actually open source collaboration. 14:17:38 <olyerickson> q? 14:18:02 <sandro> jeanne: mailing list next week. 14:18:05 <olyerickson> zakim, unmute me. 14:18:05 <Zakim> olyerickson should no longer be muted 14:19:04 <sandro> Arg -- John, you're breaking up again! 14:19:10 <sandro> (now you're back) 14:19:47 <brand> Do you have Data Scientists on the Team? I am working with a Community of Practice on Analytics for Government that is working on the Data.gov and other public data sets in this way 14:20:02 <sandro> olyerickson: One of my colleagues is having trouble interacting with the developers, not getting feedback when they raise issues, etc --- this is important to getting the community running. 14:20:09 <olyerickson> zakim, mute me please. 14:20:09 <Zakim> I don't understand 'mute me please', olyerickson 14:20:17 <olyerickson> zakim, mute me. 14:20:17 <Zakim> olyerickson should now be muted 14:20:52 <sandro> bhyland, feedback has to be withing 48 hrs. 14:21:08 <olyerickson> Community needs to provide timely feedback; team needs to respond 14:21:44 <olyerickson> Brand: jst posted w.r.t. data scientist engagement 14:21:52 <olyerickson> ... book on data science 14:21:58 <olyerickson> ... looking to build community 14:22:07 <olyerickson> Q: what do we mean by "data science" 14:22:21 <olyerickson> ... scientist data science or analytics data science 14:22:30 <brand> http://semanticommunity.info/AOL_Government/Data_Science_for_the_Government_Community 14:22:30 <olyerickson> yes 14:22:45 <olyerickson> any more great suggestions?> 14:22:52 <olyerickson> (none provided) 14:23:08 <olyerickson> moving forward, partrnering with "a couple" governments 14:23:18 <olyerickson> NIC (India) will be leading htis 14:23:36 <olyerickson> hopefully developing country/countries 14:24:07 <olyerickson> Another thing: for any who have done open data site, know that policy is half the work 14:24:24 <olyerickson> ... will be putting up examples of things to think about w.er.t. policy 14:24:42 <olyerickson> ... need to put up case studies, exemplars 14:24:56 <olyerickson> ... successful open govt initives (not jst open data) 14:25:14 <olyerickson> .... ?? from ??? university will be invited to speak on eGov in future 14:25:29 <olyerickson> ... would be helped to have checklist, not jst the code 14:25:36 <BDHandspicker> BDHandspicker has joined #egov 14:25:41 <olyerickson> @bhyland strongly in support 14:25:42 <Jeanne> Tomasz Jankoski from UN University 14:25:55 <gdick> gdick has joined #egov 14:26:36 <olyerickson> ... need to bring out use cases, identify value proposition, what are the examples/exemplars 14:26:47 <sandro> s/Tomasz Jankoski/Tomasz Janowski/ 14:27:10 <jdforrester> Zakim, q+ 14:27:10 <Zakim> I see olyerickson, jdforrester on the speaker queue 14:27:14 <olyerickson> ... EU-funded orbit have made good progress, but had guidance/help 14:27:24 <olyerickson> q- 14:27:45 <olyerickson> re virtual, yes --- there better be ;) 14:28:32 <olyerickson> zakim, am I muted? 14:28:32 <Zakim> I don't understand your question, olyerickson. 14:29:21 <sandro> jdforrester: We've made lots of progress on policy, happy to share. Some nervousness about which way to go with linked data 14:29:22 <edsu> Jim 14:29:34 <jdforrester> James. :-) 14:29:39 <edsu> :) 14:29:42 <james_gardner> Hi James, nice to see our paths crossing again. 14:29:49 <jdforrester> (Hey James G.) 14:30:02 <sandro> jeanne: collecting case studies, value proposition. 14:30:50 <sandro> jeanne: There tends to need to be one person who gathers/edits/re-distributes -- coordinating 14:30:59 <sandro> s/jeanne/bhyland 14:31:10 <sandro> bhyland: James, if you have stuff to share, please do. 14:31:40 <sandro> bhyland: heard people saying "No, I don't want white papers. A short briefing, with links, is better." 14:32:16 <olyerickson> James, your voice broke up 14:32:28 <sandro> jdforrester, sorry, your audio is breaking up 14:32:33 <jdforrester> Sorry for audio issues. 14:32:45 <MacTed> MacTed has joined #egov 14:32:52 <jdforrester> For the minutes: Very happy to speak off-line about what works well in terms of policy form-factor for this. 14:32:57 <sandro> bhyland: Maybe email email@example.com 14:33:06 <edsu> q+ 14:33:10 <jdforrester> q- 14:33:13 <sandro> jeanne: Other comments/thoughts on Open Government Platform 14:33:30 <olyerickson> No further suggestions from TWC RPI 14:33:40 <sandro> edsu: Sorry I'm late, but did you talk about conversations with Rufus & CKAN folks? 14:33:49 <sandro> jeanne: Next on the agenda....! 14:34:18 <sandro> jeanne: The early data.gov folks were not aware of ckan. Might have used it, if they had been. 14:34:42 <sandro> jeanne: But now we're coordinating. follow-on meetings. 14:35:10 <sandro> topic: CKAN 14:35:26 <james_gardner> http://ckan.okfnpad.org/egov 14:36:05 <olyerickson> Some are familiar, some aren't 14:36:07 <sandro> james_gardner: Have familiar are folks with ckan 14:36:23 <edsu> brief overview would be good 14:36:29 <sandro> s/have/how/ 14:36:53 <sandro> james_gardner: I work for Open Knowledge Foundation. 14:37:10 <sandro> james_gardner: use slides at http://jimmyg.org/download/egov/1-okf.pdf to start 14:37:17 <brand> See http://semanticommunity.info/Build_CKAN_in_the_Cloud for my involvement 14:37:41 <sandro> james_gardner: Find, share data, collaborate, ecosystem 14:38:04 <sandro> james_gardner: datahub.org public contrib site 14:38:34 <sandro> james_gardner: much like socrata functionality. fully open source. 14:39:24 <sandro> james_gardner: Able to search datasets by geo bounding box 14:40:14 <citizencontact> just retry/reload 14:40:53 <sandro> james_gardner: Slide 4, other catalogs, about where data comes from. 14:41:04 <sandro> ... helping with ecosystem 14:41:22 <sandro> ... "is it open data" to help presure folks to open data 14:41:37 <sandro> ... Loads of people have built apps on this 14:42:00 <sandro> ... 30 instances world-wide, eg data.gov.uk, manchester, etc 14:42:13 <edsu> http://publicdata.eu/ 14:42:14 <sandro> ... RDF export of certain common dataset properties (side 7) 14:42:25 <sandro> ... uses dcat 14:42:41 <sandro> ... harvesting architecture 14:43:17 <sandro> ... big problem -- catalogs tend to be silos of their own data. ckan has harvesting interface, where you register a data source and we'll go get the data out. 14:43:32 <olyerickson> Are we supposed to be clicking through all these PDFs? 14:43:37 <sandro> olyerickson, yes. 14:44:09 <sandro> james_gardner: We can write a harvester for catalogs pretty easily, in general. 14:44:56 <olyerickson> What slide are we on? 14:44:59 <sandro> james_gardner: REST API, CVS, ... rich publishing workflows, drupal integration 14:45:11 <sandro> james_gardner: might be scope to collaborate there. 14:45:24 <sandro> ... that's the quick overview. Questions...? #14:45:28 <Zakim> +bhyland.a 14:45:33 <Zakim> -bhyland 14:45:41 <sandro> bhyland: thanks! 14:46:24 <sandro> brand: Lucy Chambers, your community person, is one of your strongest features. And Sam, and Mark. Half the team is Community Development folks. 14:46:38 <sandro> brand: Plus half-dev/have community-coordinator people. 14:46:47 <bhyland> @jdforrester - what is the size of the core OKF team, including developers/contributors & Lucy type people? 14:47:06 <jdforrester> bhyland, I think you mean @james_gardner. :-) 14:47:12 <sandro> james_gardner: And Sam, and Mark. Half the team is Community Development folks. (3-4 of ten) Plus half-dev/have community-coordinator people. 14:47:26 <sandro> james_gardner: For some people, it is their full-time job. 14:47:33 <sandro> bhyland: Funding? 14:47:50 <sandro> james_gardner: Some Grant funding, eg Rufus from Shuttlesworth Foundation 14:48:02 <edsu> q+ to ask about harvesting 14:48:12 <olyerickson> zakim, unmute me. 14:48:12 <Zakim> olyerickson should no longer be muted 14:48:15 <olyerickson> q+ 14:48:27 <citizencontact> Darth? 14:48:27 <sandro> james_gardner: Our main goal is to see the spread of open data. People who might seem to be rivals, often we can easily turn into allies and work together 14:48:29 <ocr> ocr has joined #egov 14:48:47 <edsu> olyerickson: i think you might need to mute :) 14:48:52 <olyerickson> arrghh 14:48:57 <George> q+ - module CKAN module update for D7? 14:48:58 <olyerickson> zakim, mute me. 14:49:00 <bhyland> @jdforrester, OKF and CKAN are the gold standard for open content development & community building. 14:49:01 <Zakim> olyerickson should now be muted 14:49:06 <George> q+ 14:49:12 <olyerickson> q- 14:49:18 <sandro> (Yes, it was you, olyerickson :-( ) 14:49:24 <edsu> olyerickson: didn't want you not to ask a question though :( 14:49:37 <sandro> Jeanne: james_gardner can you explain how the community engagement occurs? 14:50:01 <olyerickson> Question: What is the status of the follw-up to the (great) catalog metadata workshop in Edinburgh (May 2011) 14:50:09 <olyerickson> s/wat/what/ 14:50:20 <olyerickson> s/Wat/What/ 14:50:23 <sandro> james_gardner: On developer level, events in london or around the world, we run into people who are doing similar things. well-architected plug-in architecture. 14:50:33 <sandro> james_gardner: plus people start installing it, and have questions. 14:50:58 <olyerickson> Question: Is James aware of W3C GLD WG pushing foward with DCAT draft 14:51:04 <sandro> james_gardner: Open Government Conferences. All through networking. Strong community basis, so we find out about stuff pretty quickly. 14:51:25 <sandro> ... mission is about open data, not just ckan. 14:51:52 <sandro> james_gardner: datacatalogs.org 14:52:23 <olyerickson> Partial answer 14:52:29 <bhyland> @sandro - so when you download the 7.1MB file James provided, did you get only one page too? 14:52:39 <sandro> Jeanne: Great. That answers what happened following up the catalog metadata workshop in eninborough 14:52:46 <sandro> s/enin/Edin/ 14:52:47 <bhyland> @sandro, I didn't get a timeout, it looks like file is only 1 page, yes? 14:52:56 <olyerickson> Not right now 14:52:58 <citizencontact> What version of HTML do the sites use? 14:53:07 <olyerickson> Ekiga is flakey :( 14:53:10 <sandro> bhyland, only one worked for me, and it was only one page, yes. 14:53:26 <olyerickson> DCAT moving forward? 14:53:28 <gdick> me too 7.1 MB 1 page 14:53:39 <sandro> james_gardner: What's the intention of Open Govet Platform -- collab with CKAN. 14:53:39 <olyerickson> can I try speaking> 14:53:53 <citizencontact> hmmmm 14:54:43 <sandro> Jeanne: We had a call last week with Rufus, and 3-4 others from CKAN, to get OGP folks familiar with CKAN. Trying to figure out how to get synnergy. Folks are looking at this, will report back. In exploration phase. 14:55:08 <citizencontact> looks like RDFa 14:55:21 <olyerickson> @bhyland you have to go to the Titanpad aURL 14:55:24 <edsu> q+ 14:55:31 <olyerickson> in there is a list of severl slides 14:55:35 <Zakim> -LeeF 14:55:56 <sandro> edsu: thanks for the nice overview. I've been following ckan for some years, but I didnt know some of those details. 14:56:02 <citizencontact> with XHTML strict or not so 14:56:17 <sandro> ... I remember from the past you had lots of description of where data was on the web, but not necessarily the data itself 14:57:09 <olyerickson> Frustrated that it doesn't allow RDF bulk load 14:57:10 <sandro> james_gardner: True. We're moving to the WebStore, with REST API, so folks can build more apps based on the data -- not just quality metadata any more. 14:57:23 <sandro> james_gardner: WebStore is a CKAN extension, like pretty much everything else. 14:57:37 <sandro> ... might move into core at some point 14:57:47 <sandro> james_gardner: It's a different github repository 14:58:08 <james_gardner> http://wiki.ckan.org/List_of_Extensions 14:58:25 <sandro> lod2 14:59:17 <sandro> james_gardner: We can ckan-ify lots of different data sources view the ckan harvesting interface. 14:59:30 <bhyland> s/jdforrester/james_gardner 14:59:32 <sandro> s/view/via 15:00:02 <bhyland> s/jdforrester/james_gardner/ 15:00:02 <Zakim> - +1.509.464.aaff 15:00:32 <sandro> james_gardner: We just write two hook functions for converting from other data sources. 15:00:58 <sandro> james_gardner: plus dcat import and export 15:01:02 <olyerickson> Whoa, repeat that bit about DCAT inpout./export 15:01:22 <citizencontact> General invitation to all for Washington, DC event on Feb. 2nd (note that there should be a webcast) http://cha.house.gov/about/contact-us/legislative-data-conference 15:01:30 <james_gardner> https://github.com/okfn/ 15:02:04 <james_gardner> https://github.com/okfn/ckanext-harvest 15:02:22 <olyerickson> Question: How are you getting your havesting targets? 15:02:31 <sandro> james_gardner: We can certainly do harvester to share data with your platform 15:02:49 <bhyland> @james_gardner - thanks for a great detailed talk on CKAN. I'm glad to have connected with you. I have to drop off the call because I have another call. #15:03:05 <Zakim> -bhyland.a 15:03:05 <annew> exit 15:03:20 <sandro> james_gardner: moving more toward jsonp/REST 15:03:29 <olyerickson> what is james' email 15:03:32 <citizencontact> hi bye anne 15:03:38 <james_gardner> firstname.lastname@example.org 15:03:48 <sandro> Jeanne: more questions for james? 15:03:58 <olyerickson> Thanks, James! 15:04:03 <sandro> Jeanne: Thanks! Happy we're collaborating! 15:04:07 <sandro> (indeed, thanks!) 15:04:30 <Zakim> + +44.786.783.aahh 15:04:30 <Makx> can i report on ADMS in europe 15:04:36 <sandro> Jeanne: For this IG, I'm looking at the major components. Not just open data, even though we're kind of self-selecting for that right now. 15:04:40 <Zakim> -George_Thomas 15:04:45 <sandro> jeanne: Maybe more on *policy* 15:05:17 <sandro> jeanne: I'll put time on the next agenda for folks to report out on what their doing. If you have a topic, let me know. 15:05:18 <olyerickson> Is this the current address for James_Gardner? email@example.com 15:05:26 <edsu> another area we could collaborate is the policy/case_study content, i bet okfn has collected some of this already 15:05:36 <sandro> Jeanne: Other topics? 15:05:42 <citizencontact> hi 15:05:47 <jdforrester> I definitely think a move to capture policy areas as well would be helpful. 15:05:49 <james_gardner> firstname.lastname@example.org works too, but my OKF address is email@example.com, probably best to use that. 15:05:53 <edsu> i'd like to hear about the state of dcat at some point 15:05:55 <jdforrester> (Sorry audio still an issue.) 15:06:03 <olyerickson> Suggestion: OGPL status/extensions 15:06:18 <citizencontact> what are the deliverables? 15:06:42 <olyerickson> @citizencontact this is an IG so no deliverables 15:06:54 <sandro> Jeanne: New poll on meeting times. Might do two meetings per month, but with different times, with one more suitable in other parts of the world. 15:07:04 <citizencontact> announcement 15:07:17 <Makx> Can I talk about ADMS? 15:07:24 <citizencontact> +citizencontact 15:07:27 <sandro> ed: Planning anything for the Web Conference? 15:07:38 <sandro> (The Web Conference is *NOT* a W3C thing.) 15:08:19 <citizencontact> add to queue please. forgot the format 15:08:47 <olyerickson> zakim, add citizencontact to the queue. 15:08:47 <Zakim> I don't understand 'add citizencontact to the queue', olyerickson 15:09:05 <jdforrester> citizencontact, "+ q" without the space. 15:09:11 <citizencontact> +q 15:09:14 <citizencontact> thanks 15:09:32 <brand> I suggest we work for a balance between technology, policy, and applications that provide ROI in our meetings and products 15:09:43 <edsu> Jeanne: that's great news 15:09:56 <olyerickson> Please repeat where? 15:10:02 <edsu> july 10-12, washington dc? 15:10:06 <citizencontact> link to information please 15:10:19 <citizencontact> thanks for the save the date 15:10:35 <Jeanne> Save the date July 10-12 in Washington DC for the next International Open Government Data conference. 15:11:02 <sandro> edsu, it's "International World Wide Web Conferences Committee" as per http://www2012.wwwconference.org 15:11:18 <Makx> I wanted to share that ADMS is open for public comment: http://joinup.ec.europa.eu/asset/adms/release/08 15:11:18 <olyerickson> @Jeanne I'll make sure we have ;lots to show 15:11:24 <sandro> Jeanne: Other announcements 15:11:26 <sandro> q? 15:11:39 <sandro> q- edsu 15:11:54 <sandro> q- George 15:11:56 <Makx> q 15:11:58 <sandro> ack citizencontact 15:12:00 <Zakim> -jdforrester 15:12:06 <jdforrester> Bah. 15:12:13 <sandro> citizencontact: this is Daniel Bennett. Feb 2nd 15:12:29 <Zakim> +??P42 15:12:31 <sandro> ... Data and Document transparency by (US) Congress. 15:12:33 <jdforrester> Zakim, p42 is me 15:12:33 <Zakim> sorry, jdforrester, I do not recognize a party named 'p42' 15:12:36 <jdforrester> Zakim, ??p42 is me 15:12:37 <Zakim> +jdforrester; got it 15:12:44 <sandro> ... I'll be on the panel talking about HTML5 and Video 15:12:54 <edsu> sandro: thanks re: wwwconference.org ; you learn something every day :) 15:13:26 <edsu> interplanetary parliaments? 15:13:36 <edsu> did i hear that right? 15:13:38 <sandro> ... Also I'll be attending a conf at the end o fhte week, Interplanetrary Parliament 15:13:45 <edsu> hah, awesome :) 15:13:57 <sandro> ... related to UN, hosted by (US) House of Representatives. 15:14:17 <james_gardner> The webstore I mentioned has its own page at http://wiki.ckan.org/Webstore (it isn't on the extensions page) 15:14:43 <sandro> citizencontact: I'll post more info as I get it to the email list. 15:14:44 <james_gardner> See also: http://webstore.readthedocs.org/en/latest/ 15:15:26 <sandro> citizencontact: The Feb2 is open to everyone, I sent something to the list about a week ago, it's open to all. THe end of month one is probably closed, but some showing from W3C could be good. 15:15:42 <citizencontact> firstname.lastname@example.org 15:15:52 <sandro> q? 15:16:01 <sandro> Jeanne: Anyone other announcements? 15:16:03 <Makx> http://joinup.ec.europa.eu/asset/adms/release/08 15:16:04 <Zakim> -jdforrester 15:16:24 <sandro> Jeanne: Thanks for ADMS links. 15:16:58 <sandro> Jeanne: Thanks everyone! We'll reconvene in the next month. Next speaker will be Tomasz Janowski of UN University. 15:17:10 <KevinSimkins> Have a great day everyone 15:17:12 <sandro> ADJOURN 15:17:13 <olyerickson> Thanks Jeanne!!! 15:17:16 <Zakim> -olyerickson 15:17:17 <KevinSimkins> thx Jeanne 15:17:19 <olyerickson> olyerickson has left #egov 15:17:19 <Zakim> -sandro 15:17:22 <Zakim> - +1.413.652.aagg 15:17:23 <jdforrester> Thanks Jeanne, everyone. 15:17:23 <Zakim> -DanielBennett 15:17:24 <Zakim> -??P18 15:17:25 <Zakim> -edsu 15:17:25 <martin> martin has left #egov 15:17:28 <Zakim> - +44.207.222.aabb 15:17:29 <Zakim> -martin 15:17:29 <jdforrester> jdforrester has left #egov 15:17:31 <Zakim> -[IPcaller] 15:17:32 <Zakim> - +1.847.699.aaee 15:18:09 <Zakim> - +1.703.281.aaaa 15:18:23 <Zakim> - +44.786.783.aahh 15:18:26 <Zakim> Team_(egov)14:00Z has ended 15:18:27 <Zakim> Attendees were sandro, +1.703.281.aaaa, +44.207.222.aabb, jdforrester?, [IPcaller], martin, olyerickson, +1.571.331.aacc, +1.202.684.aadd, LeeF, +1.847.699.aaee, jdforrester, 15:18:31 <Zakim> ... bhyland, DanielBennett, +1.509.464.aaff, George_Thomas, +1.413.652.aagg, edsu, +44.786.783.aahh 15:44:15 <gdick> gdick has joined #egov 17:34:09 <Zakim> Zakim has left #egov 19:11:38 <josema> josema has joined #egov # SPECIAL MARKER FOR CHATSYNC. DO NOT EDIT THIS LINE OR BELOW. SRCLINESUSED=00000422