TPAC2014-F2F

From Digital Publishing Interest Group
Jump to: navigation, search

TPAC 2014 Santa Clara

Logistics

http://www.w3.org/2014/11/TPAC/

DPUB IG Agenda

(Note that the OA meeting is on the Tuesday.)

Thursday 30th October

Morning

  • 08:30-11:00: Pagination: requirements doc, CSS, DOM [1]

Mid-day break with ad-hoc meetings (plus lunch)

  • 11:00-14:00:

Afternoon

  • 14:00-15:30: Meeting with PF re ARIA/role [2]
  • 16:00-17:00: Meeting with PF re personalisation

[3]

  • 17:00-18:00: BiB recap [4]


Friday 31st of October

Morning

  • 08:30-09:30: STEM (Peter calling in remotely)

[5]

  • 09:45-12:00: Metadata: towards finalizing the draft: specific recommendations, and activities for coming year (on: Bill and Madi)

[6] AGENDA

1. Discuss how to make our recommendations specific, useful to, and actionable by the W3C, clearly defining the scope (ideally big enough to be broadly useful but specific enough to be accomplished reasonably soon) and ideally describing what results we would be looking for. Which WGs or other bodies need to do what? How should things should be stated? Define action items needed to accomplish this and ideally assign owners to them.

2. Proposed Recommendation 1: Collaborate with other stakeholder organizations to develop ways to use ONIX metadata on the Web and with web/OWP technologies. This will likely include (or perhaps focus entirely on) defining a subset of ONIX to recommend including in schema.org, which will need to involve other stakeholder organizations such as BISG, EDItEUR, and perhaps others. How do we set up a structure for communicating with and working in concert with those potential partners?

3. Proposed Recommendation 2: Educate publishers and their partners on how best to use existing features of the OWP, with an initial focus on understanding and proper use of URIs and RDF/RDFa. What resources already exist? What kind of document, if any, would it be appropriate for this TF to produce? How should such information be disseminated?

4. Proposed Recommendation 3: Discuss a strategy for addressing the pressing issue of communicating rights metadata in web content. What initiatives are already ongoing from organizations like IPTC (news), BISG (books), IDEAlliance (magazines), and others? How do we consolidate that information for TF review? What can the W3C do that will enable this to move forward broadly, across many such communities of interest? Are there "enabling technologies" that already exist (RightsML), and if so, do they need to be updated or augmented by new features from the W3C?

5. What is do-able in the coming year? What should this TF focus on? What things can be done in parallel, and which things should we defer? What sort of document (or documents) do we need to develop to present to the W3C, and is what is currently in GitHub a useful starting point?

Mid-day break with ad-hoc meetings (plus lunch)

  • 12:00-15:00

Afternoon

  • 13:00-14:00 (during the break) Accessible Authoring Tools (for those who wish to attend)
  • 14:00-15:00: IG plans for coming year

{http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=plans+for+coming+year&iso=20141031T14&p1=137&ah=1]

  • 15:00-16:00: I18N With Cindy and Richard update on chinese, korean, and indian typesetting requirements]

[7]

Meetings with other WGs

must-have meetings on Thursday and Friday

  • CSS (boxtree, et. al.)
  • PF (role/ARIA)
  • I18N (Richard and Cindy): updates on chinese typesetting requirements (settled)

Participation

Present in Santa Clara

https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35125/TPAC2014/registrants#DP

Dial-in

We will provide the logistics to allow people to dial-in into the F2F.

Zakim Bridge +1.617.761.6200, conference 3782 ("DPUB")

List of people wanting to dial-in into the DPUB F2F

@@ add your name here @@