Summary of 20140314 Structural Semantics Call
From Digital Publishing Interest Group
Four Point Summary of 20140314 Structural Semantics Call
- IDPF defines/maintains its vocabulary (-ies), and uses the HTML5 "applicable specifications gloss" to make the terms valid in @role (so that, e.g., the validator would accept the content)
- PF and/or HTML5 needs to change the processing rules for @role so that fallback to native host language semantics is done when an unrecognized term appears
- The W3C HTML validator needs to be updated... ?
- the definition of the terms should be cross-checked with the HTML5 WG people, especially Michael Smith, W3C (who maintains the validator) to make sure that the terms are fine and, e.g., do not contradict existing HTML5 terminologies
- PF can of course work on its new modules as well, whose terms could be subsets of the IDPF vocals, and/or would have a same-as relationship to the IDPF terms