From Digital Publishing Interest Group
Page from Element
- Use case
- Given an element in the DOM, a reading system may need to determine what page(s) it appears on. For instance, the current reading position of user may be determined by what node is at the start of the page. When the pagination of the contained content changes (eg text or window size is adjusted), the reading system will need to determine what page the content is now on. This may also be used for bookmarking. For more specific page locations, this will need to be extended to include an arbitrary offset into the content (for instance, a text node that is split across multiple pages).
- An API for determining a page or pages associated with a particular element
- An API for determining which page a given offset into a text node is on.
- USERS-ALL, IMPLEMENTERS
- Relevant W3C group(s)/specification(s)
- External relevant group(s)/specification(s)
- Submitted by
- Brady Duga