From Digital Publishing Interest Group
Behavioral Adaptive Content
- Footnotes/endnotes (aka "rearnotes") pop up when note reference link is activated by user.
- Footnotes/endnotes must be identified (now, often aside class="footnote")
- Note reference must be identified in the body text (now, often sup class="noteref")
- Method for displaying notes
- PUBLISHERS-STEM, PUBLISHERS-ED, USERS-ALL, RETAILERS, ACCESSIBILITY.
- Ranking will be done as a separate activity later. For now, leave this field as 'TBD'
- Optional, links to other entries in the corpus
- Relevant W3C group(s)/specification(s)
- HTML, CSS
- This method of accessing notes is implemented by some EPUB reading systems, such as Apple's iBooks, when specific attributes of EPUB 3 Structural Semantics Vocabulary and HTML structural elements are used in combination.
- Footnotes and endnotes have been identified using class and @data-type in models other than EPUB. Aside, p, and li are the common structural elements.
- Submitted by
- Tzviya Siegman
- Always uses one of the values NEW | REJECTED | ACCEPTED