Anno Specific 8
Annotating the Alt Text of an Embedded Resource
- Use case
- A user wishes to write a comment about a resource embedded within the publication, and to associate it with alternate, accessible representations of that resource, such as the alt text/long desc provided. The comment may be only about part of the alternate representation, and thus segments of the alternate representation must be able to be selected.
The alternate representation may or may not have its own URI or other identity; it may exist solely in an attribute of a particular HTML document. For example, a user annotates the depiction of a certain person in a photograph, and wants to align that annotation with the name of the person in the textual description of the photograph.
- * Multiple targets for a single annotation
- * Ability to annotate segments of resources embedded in publications
- * Ability to annotate text in attributes of HTML, or similar accessibility mechanisms for conveying alternate representations
- Annotating parts of embedded resources
- Accessibility of Annotations
- Relevant W3C group(s)/specification(s)
- Primary: Open Annotation
- Additional: JSON-LD (Serialization); RDF-WG (Model); HTML5 (body/work representation);
- Submitted by
- Rob Sanderson ; Suzanne Taylor