Anno Advanced 8
From Digital Publishing Interest Group
Annotation with Multiple, Interdependent Bodies
- Use case
- A user wishes to annotate a publication, part of it, an embedded resource within it, or part of such an embedded resource with multiple options for the body. The options are thus dependent on each other, and only one of the options should be displayed to the user. Examples are: translations of comments, where the UA could display the French translation of a Spanish comment; alternative formats for the same content, such as HTML with a fallback to plain text; and alternative URLs for the same content, where the content is accessible from each of the URLs.
- * Ability to have multiple bodies for a single annotation ...
- ... and to distinguish between the case where the multiple bodies are independent of each other
- USERS-ALL, RETAILERS
- Relevant W3C group(s)/specification(s)
- Primary: Open Annotation
- Additional: JSON-LD (Serialization); RDF-WG (Model); HTML5 (body/work representation);
- Submitted by
- Rob Sanderson