Anno Advanced 6
From Digital Publishing Interest Group
Recording State of User Manipulated Resources
- Use case
- Similar to Anno_Advanced_5, a user wishes to annotate a publication with dynamic resources. However the resources in this use case are able to be manipulated by the user, rather than via the HTTP protocol or simple dynamism over time. For example, a publication may embed a 3 dimensional model of a protein structure that can be rotated, panned and zoomed. Some number of manipulations must be performed in order for the target of the annotation to be visible or understandable, regardless of the accuracy of the target region in the model. The annotation user agent should then be able to reproduce these manipulations in order to allow a third party to see the model as annotated.
- * Ability to describe user interactions with resources
- * Persistence of the description
- * Ability for the annotator to name the state (i.e. 'view from underground looking up at the tree roots')
- * Reproducibility of the interactions
- USERS-ALL, RETAILERS
- Relevant W3C group(s)/specification(s)
- Primary: Open Annotation
- Additional: JSON-LD (Serialization); RDF-WG (Model); HTML5 (body/work representation);
- Very complicated!
- Submitted by
- Rob Sanderson