Anno Advanced 4
From Digital Publishing Interest Group
Maintaining Annotation Layout
- Use case
- A user wishes for their annotations to be presented at a particular location on the page, such that the layout of the annotations doesn't interfere with the reading of the publication. For example, annotations could be styled as a particular height and width, and then put into the margins of the page or over top of other white space. Annotations could be visually ordered such that reading them in the presented order gave a better experience than reading them in the order of the targets within the publication. Thirdly, the layout could be used for organization of thoughts concerning the publication by moving all of the related annotations together spatially. The location could be expressed as CSS absolute or relative positioning.
- * Ability to associate the presentation of an annotation with a particular location in the publication other than its target(s).
- * Persistence of the layout information
- USERS-ALL, RETAILERS
- Relevant W3C group(s)/specification(s)
- Primary: Open Annotation
- Additional: JSON-LD (Serialization); RDF-WG (Model); HTML5 (body/work representation); CSS (coordinate location information)
- Submitted by
- Rob Sanderson