Last modified on 15 February 2012, at 15:00
The group must stick to the following rules and design principles:
- Backwards compatible with XML 1.0.
- Keep the error recovery in the tokenizer and treebuilder as simple as possible.
- Keep the error recovery fully deterministic.
- Applications must be able to distinguish well-formed XML from corrected-to-well-formed XML.
- Keep schema-based processing orthogonal to error recovery.
- Allow for streaming processors.
- Whenever the former principles leave room for choice, give preference to aligning with HTML.