MyProfile intends to provide a solution for managing the numerous accounts and profiles that users have on the Internet. Its main purpose is to provide a unified user account, or simply ‘user profile’, which as opposed to current ‘silo’ profiles, would really be under the user’s control, on a device controlled by the user.
- Contact: Andrei Sambra
- Status: Revamp in progress, next version will be out soon (Q2 2012)
- Source Code: https://github.com/MyProfile/myprofile
resource me / bergnet
Generic Social platform written in PHP.
- Contact: Thomas Bergwinkl
- Status: Revamp in progress expected Q2 2012
Tabulator Social Pane
- Contact: Tim Berners-Lee, Joe Presbrey, Oshani Seneviratne, Melvin Carvalho
- Status: Alpha, still some bugs to crush after move to git. Expected working Q2 2012
- Source Code: https://github.com/linkeddata/
An Architecture of a Distributed Semantic Social Network
- Contact: Sebastian Tramp
- Status: Design, implementation in ontowiki
- Source: http://code.google.com/p/ontowiki/
OpenLink Data Spaces
Live demo: http://id.myopenlink.net/ods
OpenLink Data Spaces (ODS) is a fully-featured data space and social system incorporating many protocols from the read write web in a suite of applications.
Elgg based framework using many linked data plugins.
- Contact: Pablo Martin (invited)
- Status: Production
An open-source PHP web application and presentation engine for RDF data stored in files, e.g. your FOAF profile. It allows you to aggregate and publish data from multiple web sources via Linked Data.
- Contact: Michael Haschke
- Status: Production, aggregator of linked data. Read / Write data planned.
- Source: https://github.com/haschek/Foafpress
The Global Square
Based on Drupal 7 and RDF the Global Square's goal is to perpetuate the creative and cooperative spirit of the occupations and transform them into lasting forms of social organization.
- Contact: Andrew Mallis
- Status: Development
A semantic microblogging platform.
- Contact: Alex Passant
- Status: Last stable release May 2010
- Source: http://code.google.com/p/smob/source/list
Perl based semantic blogging software
- Contact: Toby Inkster
- Status: Last Release Aug 2009
Today personal profiles within one social networking platform are heavily linked between each other but are not connected to other networks. Semantic technologies such as the Friend-Of-A-Friend (FOAF) ontology can break those data silos.
- Contact: Mario Volke
- Status: Production
- Source: http://code.google.com/p/origo/
Candidates for addition
- Facebook Open Graph
- Pimp My RDF (Henry Story)