From Markdown Community Group
- An end of file character. See wikipedia. The actual value of EOF is system-dependent
- The ability of two or more IT systems to exchange information at one or more standardized interfaces (such as a document file format) and to make mutual use of the information that has been exchanged. An IT system is a set of information technology resources providing services at one or more interfaces.
- Markdown is a text-to-HTML conversion tool for web writers. Markdown allows you to write using an easy-to-read, easy-to-write plain text format, then convert it to structurally valid XHTML.
- newline, abbreviated to \n
- Unicode code point 0x0A or OS specific equivalent
- A subset of a technical specification to which implementations can conform and that their implementers can claim conformance with. To claim conformance, the implementation must also conform to any subset profiles of the given profile. (Draft)
- A white space, abbreviated to \ws or "
space or tab"
- one of Unicode code points 0x20 or 0x09, abbreviated to \s or \t