The aim is to enable Automotive Web applications.
How to get involved
In case of further questions, please contact the following:
- Adam Abramski <email@example.com>
- Paul Boyes <firstname.lastname@example.org>
The charter is available here
Potential Work Areas
Conference Calls are held on the second Tuesday of every month.
- February 2014 Call
- January 2014 Call
- December 2013 Call
- November 2013 Call
- @@ need to add prior months
F2F Meeting Minutes
- 14-15 November 2012: Automotive Workshop in Rome, Italy
- 22 April 2013: BG f2f Meeting in Barcelona, Spain
- 29 May 2013: BG f2f Meeting in Tokyo, Japan
- 17-18 March 2014: BG f2f Meeting in Santa Clara, US
- 22-23 May 2014: BG f2f Meeting in Gothenburg, Sweden
- 9-10 October 2014: BG f2f Meeting in Ann Arbor, US
- 24 April 2015: BG f2f Meeting in Stuttgart, Germany
- 22 October 2015: BG f2f Meeting in Seoul, Korea
Upcoming events can be found here
- TO DO List for early August 2014 reviewable draft
- Until End of Nov 2013 - Different editors work in parallel work on draft specs for APIs for seven functional groups:
- Starting December 2013: Work in integrated draft proposal (Intel, LG)
- Kevron and Justin are the editors, and will pull these initial core contributions into a draft proposal.
- Current Unofficial Draft
- March 17/18: Face2face meeting to go over draft proposal - Intel, Santa Clara
Vehicle Data API draft proposals
See also editor's announcement of spec in particular:
"What it's not: It is not a complete API. 99% of the vehicle data types we are working on are not yet defined."
Examples of Web and Auto Specs from outside the Business Group
- Presentation given at the W3C Automotive and Web Workshop last year about the webinos vehicle api spec
- The automotive web api spec
Excel spreadsheets of comparisons of vehicle web API specs and OBD-II
New Automotive Web APIs -- Existing W3C Standards/Drafts plus some non-W3C draft specs
Please find on this wiki page a collection of auto-relevant W3C standards and drafts (as well as other non-W3C draft specs) as a working document: /CollectionOfApis
Sub Task Teams
Media Tuner Task Force /MediaTunerTaskForce
- How to start a Task force @@@believe this was discussed, please add link/description
- Possible sub task teams to cover next potential area of focus.
View edit history of this page.
LBS Task Force /LBSTaskForce