Check if text meets 1.4.1 Use of Color.
1: First Draft
- G14: Ensuring that information conveyed by color differences is also available in text
- G182: Ensuring that additional visual cues are available when text color differences are used to convey information
- Comments from UWEM 2.0 draft:
- Not automatable.
- Cannot automatically determine if colour of particular words or other content is used to convey information.
- Hard to check if visual cues are available as visual cues could be anything.
This test checks if the information coveyed by the color of words (that are not links), buttons, tables or other page elements is also available in text or as additional visual cues.
UTT: Required user expertise and skills
4: advanced understanding of WCAG
Specify: Are there any additional requirements for the user profile?
The tester must be able to see the web page. This test can not be carried out by a blind person.
4: rendered page
Selector (tool, user)
Locate all instances where the color of text is used to convey information.
AN: Do we need two tests? Information conveyed by color and objects referenced by color?
Step 1 (tool, user)
Step 2 (tool, user)