2.2.1 Timing Adjustable
From Automated WCAG Monitoring Community Group
Back to Test overview.
2.2.1 Timing Adjustable: For each time limit that is set by the content, at least one of the following is true: (Level A)
- Turn off: The user is allowed to turn off the time limit before encountering it; or
- Adjust: The user is allowed to adjust the time limit before encountering it over a wide range that is at least ten times the length of the default setting; or
- Extend: The user is warned before time expires and given at least 20 seconds to extend the time limit with a simple action (for example, "press the space bar"), and the user is allowed to extend the time limit at least ten times; or
- Real-time Exception: The time limit is a required part of a real-time event (for example, an auction), and no alternative to the time limit is possible; or
- Essential Exception: The time limit is essential and extending it would invalidate the activity; or
- 20 Hour Exception: The time limit is longer than 20 hours.
Which elements / situations are tested?
- Meta refresh and meta redirects are not used: SC2-2-1+SC3-2-5-meta-refresh