- Important note: This Wiki page is edited by participants of the User Agent Accessibility Guidelines working group (UAWG). It does not necessarily represent consensus and it may have incorrect information or information that is not supported by other Working Group participants, WAI, or W3C. It may also have some very useful information.
Talking Points - UAAG 2.0
The User Agent Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 [introductory PLACEHOLDER]
UAAG 2.0 Addresses New and Emerging Technologies
Voice Input and Control
UAWG has worked with experts in voice input to craft guidelines to improve the usability of voice input on all platforms. Several of the success criteria on focus specifically improve voice input usability. The excitement over Apple SIRI technology shows the need for voice control of browser UI in addition to traditional voice dictation. UAWG 2.0 shows best practices for voice input and control.
HTML5 Embedded Video Players
HTML5's <video> element frees the web author from having to create video players, but now the browser provides the player. Embedded video players must be accessible -- especially for large customers that must meet accessibility standards, like government agencies, universities & colleges, and business users with internal video for employees. UAAG 2.0 helps your developers create an accessible, usable user interface for all users.
UAAG 2.0 Includes Mobile Accessibility
- China [PLACEHOLDER]
- presently reviewing for mobile issues before Last Call
UAAG 2.0 Provides User Interface Guidance for a Better Product
- "Nuts and bolts" of handling overflow when zooming text and graphics
- Synthesized speech (if provided)
- accessibility preference settings & wizards
- searching and search results
- event handlers