- Important note: This Wiki page is edited by participants of the User Agent Accessibility Guidelines working group (UAWG). It does not necessarily represent consensus and it may have incorrect information or information that is not supported by other Working Group participants, WAI, or W3C. It may also have some very useful information.
Return to Tests_for_CR
written 21 October 2014
1.8.7 Customize Viewport Highlighting: When highlighting viewports as specified by 1.8.1 Highlight Viewport, the user can customize attributes of the viewport highlighting mechanism (e.g. blink rate for blinking, color and width of borders). (Level AA)
Test Procedure 1
- If the user agent does not allow multiple viewports (windows), then select Not Applicable.
- Identify methods of customizing windows or viewports. (e.g. by exploring the UI or consulting Help documentation).
- Follow the procedure to customize the appearance of the highlighted viewport (e.g. blink rate for blinking, color and width of borders)
- Open a test document.
Sample HTML test document: WCAG
- Open another test document. Switch between documents.
- Check that the highlighting of the active viewport has the highlighting qualities set in step #3.
- Check that the inactive viewport does not have the highlighting qualities set in step #3.
Expected Results 1
- Check #6 and #7 are both true