- Important note: This Wiki page is edited by participants of the User Agent Accessibility Guidelines working group (UAWG). It does not necessarily represent consensus and it may have incorrect information or information that is not supported by other Working Group participants, WAI, or W3C. It may also have some very useful information.
Return to Tests_for_CR
written 21 October 2014
1.7.3 Disable Author Stylesheets: If the user agent supports a mechanism for author stylesheets, the user can disable the use of author stylesheets on the current page. (Level A)
Test Procedure 1
- Identify methods of disabling stylesheets. (e.g. by exploring the UI or consulting Help documentation).
- Open a web site that contains examples of text content.
Sample HTML test website: NASA home page
- Follow the procedure to disable the stylesheet
- Check that the stylesheet has been disabled (usually a white background, plain text and a linear presentation of the material.
Expected Results 1
- Check that #4 is true