The Protocols and Formats Working Group is no longer chartered to operate. Its work will continue in two new Working Groups:
- Accessible Platform Architectures, to review specifications, develop technical support materials, collaborate with other Working Groups on technology accessibility, and coordinate harmonized accessibility strategies within W3C; and
- Accessible Rich Internet Applications, to continue development of the Accessible Rich Internet Applications (WAI-ARIA) suite of technologies and other technical specifications when needed to bridge known gaps.
Resources from the PFWG remain available to support long-term institutional memory, but this information is of historical value only.
This Wiki page was edited by participants of the Protocols and Formats Working Group. It does not necessarily represent consensus and it may have incorrect information or information that is not supported by other Working Group participants, WAI, or W3C. It may also have some very useful information.
User Agent Implementation Task Force
Please see the work statement for this task force.
- Current editor's draft of ARIA User Agent Implementation Guide
- Current public working draft of ARIA User Agent Implementation Guide
- Draft re-write of Section 5.1
Task force materials
- Issue tracking in Bugzilla
- Issues and Actions in Tracker
- Public comments raised on the User Agent Implementation Guide Last Call Draft Jan 2012
- Henri Sivonen’s ARIA in HTML5 Integration ideas
- WCAG 2.0 HTML role technique
- expanded table based on WCAG technique and additional IE testing
- MSAA Documents
- MSDN documentation on IE MSAA support (really old, and not the best format, but accurate for IE 7 and earlier)
- Sara Ford blog on Windows controls and MSAA properties
- MSAA Event Constants
- User Interface Element Reference
- IE8 and ARIA
- Microsoft spec for ARIA to UIA mappings (scroll down, links to various formats available near the bottom of the page)
- Mapping ARIA Roles, States, and Properties to UI Automation
- ARIA Implementation Guide for AT Vendors: Internet Explorer 8
- Steve Faulkner’s documentation on ARIA support on Windows and Mac browsers
- Internet Explorer 8 HTML Changes
- Alexander Surkov's new document on Gecko HTML to MSAA mappings
- Steven Faulkner's Document conformance suggestions for ARIA roles and properties in HTML 5
- Merged Tables