The Protocols and Formats Working Group is no longer chartered to operate. Its work will continue in two new Working Groups:
- Accessible Platform Architectures, to review specifications, develop technical support materials, collaborate with other Working Groups on technology accessibility, and coordinate harmonized accessibility strategies within W3C; and
- Accessible Rich Internet Applications, to continue development of the Accessible Rich Internet Applications (WAI-ARIA) suite of technologies and other technical specifications when needed to bridge known gaps.
Resources from the PFWG remain available to support long-term institutional memory, but this information is of historical value only.
This Wiki page was edited by participants of the Protocols and Formats Working Group. It does not necessarily represent consensus and it may have incorrect information or information that is not supported by other Working Group participants, WAI, or W3C. It may also have some very useful information.
This is the PF wiki (MediaWiki instance).
See also the ESW wiki which has much current content as well. The ESW wiki platform is not expected to be supported; we may migrate some content from that platform to here.
Please do not create pages here until the Working Group has had a chance to discuss how we want to use this wiki. Once we have decided on how we want to organize things, people can start adding content as needed.
Editor's to-do lists:
- ARIA Specification To-do
- ARIA Best Practices To-do
- ARIA User Agent Implementation Guide To-do
- ARIA Primer To-do
- ARIA Roadmap To-do
- ARIA Task Force
- HTML Task Force
- Specification Review Task Force
- User Agent Implementation Task Force