About This Page
This page is used by the task force to track our current work. To learn more about the task force take a look at our home page, our public list or our work statement. Send us comments at email@example.com.
Our current mandate is to:
- Perform a Gap Analysis;
- create and suggest techniques; and
- create a roadmap.
What are we working on now?
Right now we are working on the Gap Analysis.
A module of the Gap Analysis is user research. We are getting it ready for the first working draft. Note that the current draft of user research is on GitHub. You can also see the published draft at http://www.w3.org/TR/coga-user-research/.
Also as part of the Gap Analysis we are:
- Identifying known and proposed techniques. If you want to add a technique use the technique template.
- Identifying specific issues that effect our users and need special consideration. A collection of these issue papers is at: Gap Analysis Issue Papers. Also see the issue paper template.
- Reviews and comments such as for 508 Refresh and Functional Performance Criteria
Release of first editors draft of techniques and issue papers - April 1st
Draft methodology for gap analysis - April 1st
Next Working Draft user research - May 1st
Materials published by this task force have a lot of citations. W3C has a particular format and tooling for those. While there is a central database of specifications and other publications, most of the citations used by this group are not in that central database. Therefore the task force maintains a separate database of citations. See instructions for creating and using citations.
- Name officially needs to include LD or CLL
- Term needed for "recommendations" in roadmap as "recommendations" is a reserved word in the W3C. (Suggestion: Proposals and/or Principles)
- Helping users improving skills is out of scope but useful for outreach
- We are avoiding the phrase ICT with other, Web related terms
- We can resolve small issues on the calls. Larger resolutions need to be approved on our list. We expect people to bring up opposition to resolution within 48 hours.
- Criteria by which we decide what research to accept:Due to practical constraints most research will simply be cited and not examined for credibility. However the following cases will rely on task force consensuses before inclusion:
- Commercial research that implies the use of a specific proprietary product will be examined for scientific credibility before being included
- Research where the task force is aware of contradictory evidence (including anecdotal) will be examined for scientific credibility before being included.
Links for evaluating what scientific research is good (or not): http://www.reportbd.com/articles/57/1/Criteria-Qualities-of-Good-Scientific-Research/Page1.html
Other Relevant Links
Other pages of our work
Technologies to review
- Assistive technologies such as AAC and AAC core vocabularies
- Reading techs
- Adaptive technologies for learning
- APIP and IMS
- Daisy and epub
- Fluid and FLOE
- Voice ML and menu systems
- Web Security (Including CAPTCHA)
- WebRTC (real time communications)
- Fluid and Floe
- Debra Dahl
- Text Simplification
Also taken from HTML 5 wishlist:
- Full Transcript
- John Foliot is interested in exploring this.
- Media Descriptions
- John Foliot.
- Date UI Widgets
- Input type numeric
- Emotion Markup
- Debra Dahl
- Haptic Output
- Referencing UAAG
- Web Payments
- Footnotes, End notes, Annotations, Definitions
- ePub, ARIA
- Real Time Chat
- John Foliot
Authors of User group research modules
- Communication Difficulties and Disorders including non-vocal: Joshue O Connor Deborah Dahl, Avi Gloden and E.A. Draffan (Prev: Kinshuk)
- Dyslexia: Lisa Seeman
- ADD / ADHD: Neil Milliken, Jim Smith, Susann Keohane and Mary Jo Mueller (Prev: Barry Johnson, Katherine Mancuso, and Michel Fitos )
- Down Syndrome: John Foliot, Kate Dieble, Debra Ruh
- Aging and Dementia:Katie Haritos-Shea, Mary Jo Mueller, Neil Milliken and Susann Keohane(Prev:Elle Waters)
- Autism: John Rochford, Neil Milliken
- Dyscalculia: Neil Milliken.
Volunteer research groups: John Rochford
- Cog A11y TF report April 2014
- Cog A11y TF report June 2014
- Cog A11y TF report October 2014
- Cog A11y TF report March 2015