This Wiki page is edited by participants of the HTML Accessibility Task Force. It does not necessarily represent consensus and it may have incorrect information or information that is not supported by other Task Force participants, WAI, or W3C. It may also have some very useful information.
HTML5 Accessibility Task Force Meetings
The HTML accessibility task force generally has a weekly teleconference, plus occasional face to face meetings.
- 1 HTML5 Accessibility Task Force Meetings
Face to face meetings
- Zaragoza, 8-10 July
- TPAC 2015, Sapporo Japan, 26-30 October
- Part of the W3C TPAC meeting. If possible, please try to attend this meeting.
- San Diego, 8-10 July
- Currently we hope to arrange a meeting in conjunction with CSUN 2016, since many participants attend that conference
Seattle, 15-17 April 2015.
About HTML5 Accessibility Task Force Teleconferences
The joint HTML5-PFWG Accessibility Task Force teleconferences are currently held Thursdays at 1500h UTC. (You can find the local time for the meeting using the Fixed Time Clock.) Calls are held on the Zakim phone bridge: +1.617.761.6200, +33.4.89.06.34.99 or +44.117.370.6152. Once connected to Zakim, you will be prompted for the passcode for the teleconference you wish to join; the passcode for the HTML5 Accessibility Task Force is
During HTML5 Accessibility Task Force calls, you can use your telephone's keypad to perform some basic functions:
- to mute yourself, enter 61#; to unmute, enter 60#
- place yourself in the speaker queue, enter 41#; to withdraw from the speaker queue, enter 40#
The HTML5 A11y Task Force meets concurrently in a chat room, on channel #html-a11y on
irc://irc.w3.org, port 6665. Note: if you are behind a firewall and cannot use a dedicated IRC client, you can use the W3C's IRC web interface. A list of accessible IRC clients can be found on the XTech wiki's Accessible Collaborative Tools page.
For more information about Zakim, RRSAgent and IRC commands and user interaction during phone calls, please consult the resoufces listed immediately below, or consult the Scribe's & Participant's Cheat Sheet.
W3C IRC, Bot & Scribing Guides
- Scribe's Quick Start Guide
- RRSAgent IRC Bot Guidebook
- Trackbot User's Guide
- User Instructions for the Zakim Teleconference Bridge
- Zakim Bridge Guidebook
Task Force Scribe List
Minutes of HTML5 Accessibility Task Force Meetings
- Minutes from HTML5 Accessibility Task Force meetings
- Minutes from the PF Caucus on HTML5 Accessibility Issues (historical)
HTML Accessibility Task Force Information