> EOWG Home Page
Changelog for Translating WAI Documents
This page records change requests and changes made to Translating WAI Documents.
Please send additions or corrections to email@example.com. Last updated
17 January 2003 by Judy Brewer (jbrewer @w3.org).
Notes from 1 April 2005
- check links
- bold & italic too confusing
- change "companion" document to "related"
- fix "Selecting and Using Authoring Tools for Web Accessibility"
- add back in "stable"
- add NOTE that this is not all of the documents! see the site map for
Notes from 3 March 2005 Discussion
ADD after authorized tranlations policy & lexicon in place: Note:
Lexicon required for authorized translation of W3C Recommendations and Notes
from WAI (such as guidelines)... and recommended for other translations
later, when have more: make a separate section for mini slide sets
later, when updated &/or have more: add section for print materials,
e.g., flyer, quicktips
maybe add: don't do partial translations
Notes from March 2005 Changes
deleted from text:
People frequently ask us which WAI documents they should
translate. Two lists follow: first a list of short documents,
introductory in nature and easier to translate; second, a list of more
detailed technical documents, likely to require more translation time. The
first documents within each list are generally important foundation pieces,
and/or documents useful to a broad audience. The documents listed later in
each list may be more suitable for very specific audiences.
The status of each document is indicated, as well as the likely next time
it would be updated (1Q 2005 = first quarter 2005; etc.). A document that is
not stable (for instance because it is a working draft) may be harder to
translate, and the translation may need to be updated soon after it is done;
however, there still may be reasons to translate it. An asterix [*] indicates
documents that are stable at this time.
Please consider the following as a list of suggested priorities only.
It is not meant to prevent people from translating documents for which they
have a specific need; and please re-visit this page to learn of changes
in document status, since some of the documents currently listed as unstable
may be completed soon. If you are interested in translating WAI documents
that are not listed on this page, or on the W3C Technical Reports page,
please inquire first by contacting us at wai @w3.org.
deleted from intro list:
deleted from technical list:
- WAI Flyer (short)
[status: stable WAI Resource, to be updated in 1Q 2005]
of WAI Flyer]
- * Getting Started: Making a Web Site Accessible (short)
[status: stable WAI Resource, to be replaced with new stable resource in
of Getting Started...]
- How People with Disabilities Use the Web (medium-length)
[status: unstable draft Note, to be completed in 4Q 2004]
- Developing Organizational Policies for Web Accessibility (short)
[status:stable WAI resource page, part of Implementation Resource Suite,
but may be updated in 2Q 2005]
- Selecting and Using Software for Web Accessibility (short)
[status:stable WAI resource page, part of Implementation Resource
- WCAG 2.0 Working Draft(s) (long)
[status: unstable W3C Working Drafts, but need several translations
during Working Draft stage, to test ease of translation]
- WCAG Curriculum (very long)
[status: unstable WAI resource, to be revised in 1Q 2005 and
replaced by new resource in 4Q 2005]
[translation of WCAG
- Evaluation and Report Language 1.0 [EARL 1.0] (medium-length)
[status: unstable W3C Working Draft, will be revised in 2Q 2005]
- XML Accessibility Guidelines [XAG] (medium-length)
[status: unstable W3C Working Draft]
17 January 2003 change requests
- Review of Translating WAI Documents
- [DONE] remove "A" and "B" and explain that these are parallel lists
- [DONE] move up the "techniques for wcag 1.0" before the wcag 2.0
- [DONE] nest the resource suite sub-pages (or try)
- [DONE] add space to list & bold titles & try unbolding
- [DONE] fix status line on 2nd glossary
- [DONE] get rid of the brackets, first word status & translation in
- [DONE] short change to shorter
16 January 2003 changes (mostly based on feedback
from W3C Translation Coordinator)
- [DONE] Change "searchable archive of translators of W3C documents" to
"searchable archive of the mailing list for W3C translators"
- [DONE] Change "and be sure to subscribe to the firstname.lastname@example.org
mailing list. Notify the translators list first when you plan to
translate a document, and then again when you have finished a
translation. If you have questions about translation, you can ask your
questions on this list." to "and be sure to notify the
email@example.com mailing list when you first plan to translate a
document, and then again when you have finished a translation. You may
also subscribe to the list if you wish, and/or ask questions about
translation on the list."
- [DONE] Change "When resources .... become available, they will be
announced on the translators' mailing list" to "When resources.... become
available, they will be announced on the translators' mailing list, as
well as on this page."
- [DONE] Change "We will also announce updates ... on the translators'
list" to "We will also announce updates .... on the translators' list and
on this page."
- [DONE] Change "it will be announced on the translators' list" to "it
will be announced on the translators' list and posted here."
- [DONE] Change "*" to [*]
- [DONE] Change "Additional WAI documents are available on the WAI
Resources page and may also be considered for translation. If you have
questions about appropriateness for translation of specific WAI documents
not listed here, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org." to "If you are interested in
translating WAI documents that are not listed on this page, or on the W3C
Technical Reports page, please contact us at email@example.com."
- [DONE] Added EARL and XAG to list.
Change requests from 10 January 2003 discussion
- [DONE] Fix hanging link about existing documents
- [DONE] Make existing translations of WAI documents easier to find
- [DONE] Break up the second paragraph of "coordinating"
- [DONE] Clarify reference to official policy, take out in addition, docs
after, break in half (from doyle)
- [DONE] Add clarification that Glossary is still a draft
- [DONE] Add more status information (e.g., internal working draft) for
- [ONGOING] Make sure translators get thanked
- [DONE] Add a link to existing translations page for each of the
- [DONE] Add this document to quarterly review & update section on