Chatlog 2009-07-08

From XHTML2
Jump to: navigation, search

See original RRSAgent log and preview nicely formatted version.

Please justify/explain all edits to this page, in your "edit summary" text.

13:40:53 <RRSAgent> RRSAgent has joined #xhtml
13:40:53 <RRSAgent> logging to http://www.w3.org/2009/07/08-xhtml-irc
13:40:55 <trackbot> RRSAgent, make logs public
13:40:55 <Zakim> Zakim has joined #xhtml
13:40:57 <trackbot> Zakim, this will be IA_XHTML2
13:40:57 <Zakim> ok, trackbot; I see IA_XHTML2()9:45AM scheduled to start in 5 minutes
13:40:58 <trackbot> Meeting: XHTML2 Working Group Teleconference
13:40:58 <trackbot> Date: 08 July 2009
13:41:08 <Steven_> Regrets: Alessio
13:41:17 <Tina> Zakim, code?
13:41:17 <Zakim> the conference code is 94865 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.89.06.34.99 tel:+44.117.370.6152), Tina
13:41:26 <ShaneM> ShaneM has joined #xhtml
13:41:34 <mgylling> mgylling has joined #xhtml
13:46:13 <Steven_> zakim, dial steven-617
13:46:13 <Zakim> ok, Steven_; the call is being made
13:46:14 <Zakim> IA_XHTML2()9:45AM has now started
13:46:56 <Steven_> Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xhtml2/2009Jul/0007
13:47:06 <Steven_> Steven_ has changed the topic to: Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xhtml2/2009Jul/0007
13:47:42 <Steven_> zakim, who is here?
13:47:42 <Zakim> On the phone I see no one
13:47:44 <Zakim> On IRC I see mgylling, ShaneM, Zakim, RRSAgent, Tina, Steven_, trackbot
13:48:47 <Steven_> Present: Steven, Tina, Markus, Shane
13:49:28 <Steven_> Scribe: Steven
13:51:36 <Steven_> Topic: Holidays
13:52:03 <Steven_> Steven: I'm here next week, then gone for 3 weeks
13:52:14 <Steven_> Tina: gone 15-22 Aug
13:52:27 <Steven_> Markus: Similar to yours Steven
13:52:36 <Steven_> Shane: We don't do holidays
13:53:28 <Steven_> Shane: If Alessio and Gregory are around then we might meet
13:54:39 <Steven_> Markus: What about MoZ?
13:54:42 <Steven_> Steven: Don't know
13:55:05 <Steven_> Markus: It would be good to know if we can count on him for the PERs
13:56:47 <Steven_> Steven: I'll ping him
13:56:59 <Steven_> Topic: The FAQ
14:06:11 <Zakim> bot restart in 2 minutes to recover bridge connection.  agenda state will be lost but telecons will continue
14:11:41 <Zakim> Zakim has joined #xhtml
14:18:35 <ShaneM> http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Drafts/#xhtml12
14:21:51 <Steven_> Shane: We have to produce notes of everything on our drafts page
14:21:57 <Steven_> ... that includes XHTML 1.2
14:22:03 <Steven_> ... so I'll turn that into a note
14:22:29 <Steven_> ... that will give people using WAI ARIA something to validate against
14:22:47 <Steven_> Markus: I would love to see RelaxNG versions as well
14:23:06 <Steven_> ... can we do informative versions?
14:23:15 <Steven_> Shane: Sure, as a note
14:23:27 <Steven_> ... in fact, I may already have done it
14:24:18 <Steven_> Steven: looking at http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/2008/ED-xhtml12-20081223/doctype.html#s_doctype
14:24:23 <ShaneM> ACTION: Shane to produce RelaxNG implementations for XHTML 1.1, XHTML Print, XHTML Basic 1.1, and XHTML + RDFa
14:24:23 <trackbot> Created ACTION-90 - Produce RelaxNG implementations for XHTML 1.1, XHTML Print, XHTML Basic 1.1, and XHTML + RDFa [on Shane McCarron - due 2009-07-15].
14:24:43 <Steven_> Steven: It links to WAI ARIA, but the reference is missing
14:25:13 <Steven_> ... role and access references are missing too
14:25:30 <ShaneM> ACTION: Shane to update the XHTML 1.2 draft to correct the references and ensure the schema implementations are up to date.
14:25:30 <trackbot> Created ACTION-91 - Update the XHTML 1.2 draft to correct the references and ensure the schema implementations are up to date. [on Shane McCarron - due 2009-07-15].
14:26:03 <ShaneM> ACTION: Shane convert ALL rec-track drafts to notes by 2009-12-31
14:26:03 <trackbot> Created ACTION-92 - Convert ALL rec-track drafts to notes by 2009-12-31 [on Shane McCarron - due 2009-07-15].
14:27:09 <Steven_> Shane: I'm disappointed about XHTML 1.0
14:27:20 <Steven_> ... appendix C is wildly out of date
14:27:31 <Steven_> ... and really needs to be updated
14:27:56 <Steven_> ... is there anything we can do about that?
14:28:01 <Steven_> Steven: I don't think so
14:28:42 <Steven_> Shane: There are still some updates to make to that note, comments from the public, typo's etc
14:29:27 <Steven_> Steven: At least notes are lower hurdle to produce
14:30:03 <Steven_> Topic: Issues
14:30:47 <Steven_> http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/2009/bjoern-issues.html
14:31:25 <Tina> Zakim, mute me
14:31:25 <Zakim> sorry, Tina, I don't know what conference this is
14:31:30 <Steven_> http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/2009/bjoern-issues.html#ISSUE14
14:31:44 <ShaneM> zakim, this is XHTML
14:31:44 <Zakim> ok, ShaneM; that matches IA_XHTML2()9:45AM
14:31:53 <ShaneM> zakim, mute tina
14:31:53 <Zakim> sorry, ShaneM, I do not know which phone connection belongs to tina
14:33:24 <Steven_> zakim, who is here?
14:33:25 <Zakim> On the phone I see ??P31, +04670602aaaa, McCarron
14:33:25 <Zakim> On IRC I see mgylling, ShaneM, RRSAgent, Tina, Steven_, trackbot
14:35:22 <ShaneM> zakim, mccarron is ShaneM
14:35:22 <Zakim> +ShaneM; got it
14:35:30 <Steven_> http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/xhtml2/meeting/2009-06-24#__40_lang
14:36:19 <Steven_> Subtopic: @lang (again)
14:36:58 <Steven_> Shane: Is he asking for anything here? Do we need to say anything?
14:37:35 <Steven_> ... our rrationale is perfectly good
14:37:38 <Steven_> s/rr/r/
14:38:20 <Steven_> ... if he's claiming that we want to reintroduce it to support text/html then that is not the case
14:38:37 <Steven_> Steven: You're right, we were asked to do this, we agree
14:39:09 <Steven_> Shane: We say helps assistive technologies; how is that wrong???
14:39:19 <Steven_> ... so we don't need to change anything
14:39:26 <Steven_> Subtopic: @usemap
14:39:37 <Steven_> http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/2009/bjoern-issues.html#ISSUE15
14:40:44 <Steven_> Steven: The trouble is, this is against a different spec, right?
14:41:14 <Steven_> ... Masayasu tested this against browsers long ago
14:41:31 <Steven_> ... we ssaid we would support what that revealed
14:41:41 <Steven_> s/ss/
14:41:56 <Steven_> ... but the change has to be made in M12N, not 1.1
14:44:03 <Steven_> Shane: We made a conscious decision at sometime to leave this as is
14:45:30 <ShaneM> http://htmlwg.mn.aptest.com/cgi-bin/voyager-issues
14:45:57 <ShaneM> http://htmlwg.mn.aptest.com/cgi-bin/voyager-issues/Modularization-abstractions?id=9641;user=guest;selectid=9641;statetype=-1;upostype=-1;changetype=-1;restype=-1
14:46:43 <Steven_> http://www.w3.org/People/mimasa/test/imagemap/results
14:47:55 <Steven_> Shane: It is a bug that it includes a #, but it is one that needs to be fixed
14:48:27 <Steven_> Steven: then we have to fix M12N
14:49:15 <Steven_> ... M12N 1.1 needs fixing
14:49:23 <Steven_> ... and the FAQ doesn't mention that
14:49:41 <Steven_> ... unless that's what they mean by M12N 1.0 2e
14:49:53 <Steven_> Shane: We would break M12N rules to change the datatype
14:50:15 <Steven_> Steven: We have to leave this as is, and explain why
14:50:33 <Steven_> ... this is a bug against M12N, not XHTML 1.1
14:50:48 <Steven_> [ADJOURN]
14:50:51 <Zakim> -ShaneM
14:50:52 <Zakim> - +04670602aaaa
14:50:53 <Zakim> +Steven
14:50:54 <Zakim> -Steven
14:50:55 <Zakim> -??P31
14:50:56 <Zakim> IA_XHTML2()9:45AM has ended
14:50:57 <Zakim> Attendees were +04670602aaaa, ShaneM, Steven
14:54:42 <Steven_> rrsagent, make minutes
14:54:42 <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/07/08-xhtml-minutes.html Steven_
# SPECIAL MARKER FOR CHATSYNC.  DO NOT EDIT THIS LINE OR BELOW.  SRCLINESUSED=00000123