Chatlog 2009-06-10

Jump to: navigation, search

See original RRSAgent log and preview nicely formatted version.

Please justify/explain all edits to this page, in your "edit summary" text.

13:45:59 <RRSAgent> RRSAgent has joined #xhtml
13:45:59 <RRSAgent> logging to
13:46:00 <trackbot> RRSAgent, make logs public
13:46:01 <Zakim> Zakim has joined #xhtml
13:46:02 <trackbot> Zakim, this will be IA_XHTML2
13:46:03 <Zakim> ok, trackbot; I see IA_XHTML2()9:45AM scheduled to start now
13:46:04 <trackbot> Meeting: XHTML2 Working Group Teleconference
13:46:04 <trackbot> Date: 10 June 2009
13:46:11 <Steven> zakim, dial steven-617
13:46:14 <Zakim> ok, Steven; the call is being made
13:46:18 <Zakim> IA_XHTML2()9:45AM has now started
13:46:20 <Zakim> +Steven
13:46:34 <Zakim> + +1.763.767.aaaa
13:46:38 <Zakim> - +1.763.767.aaaa
13:46:40 <Zakim> + +1.763.767.aaaa
13:47:26 <Zakim> + +04670602aabb
13:47:38 <mgylling> Zakim, aabb is Markus
13:47:38 <Zakim> +Markus; got it
13:47:41 <Tina> Could someone remind me of that number again ...
13:48:04 <MoZ> MoZ has joined #xhtml
13:48:38 <MoZ> Zakim, what is the code ?
13:48:38 <Zakim> the conference code is 94865 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+ tel:+44.117.370.6152), MoZ
13:49:28 <Zakim> +MoZ
13:49:33 <Zakim> + +0468645aacc
13:49:40 <Tina> Zakim, aacc is Tina
13:49:40 <Zakim> +Tina; got it
13:51:47 <mgylling> scribe: Markus
13:51:48 <Steven> Scribe: Markus
13:52:04 <Steven> Agenda:
13:53:07 <mgylling> Topic: PER Issues
13:53:08 <ShaneM>
13:53:57 <mgylling> Issue: 9716
13:53:58 <trackbot> Created ISSUE-6 - 9716 ; please complete additional details at .
13:54:32 <mgylling> Shane: 9716 marked as closed
13:55:13 <mgylling> Shane: its the same comment as Hickson made
13:55:35 <mgylling> Shane to send a reply to 9716 issuer
13:56:04 <mgylling> Subtopic: issue 480
13:57:05 <mgylling> Shane: form and image elements not having a name attribute - we discussed this in the context of 1.0. 1.1 which is based on 1.0 strict also doesnt have name on form and image.
13:57:21 <mgylling> Steven: related to 8415
13:57:31 <mgylling> MoZ: Agree, they are related
13:58:04 <mgylling> Markus: do we have a legacy reasons to maintain these in 1.1
13:58:35 <mgylling> Shane: Yes - HTML DOM creates named entires for the based on name attribute, not id attributes
13:58:44 <mgylling> ... but perhaps this is not true in modern browsers
13:59:37 <mgylling> The comment (480) says theres a typo; that we are not correctly representing the removal; not suggesting reintroduction.
14:01:18 <mgylling> ACTION: Steven to ask Alessio to tell us if HTML DOM still requires @name on form and image
14:01:19 <trackbot> Created ACTION-85 - Ask Alessio to tell us if HTML DOM still requires @name on form and image [on Steven Pemberton - due 2009-06-17].
14:02:16 <mgylling> Subtopic: Issue 489
14:02:54 <mgylling> Shane: this is fixed.
14:03:02 <mgylling> Subtopic: Issue 478
14:03:09 <Steven>
14:03:52 <Steven> I mean:
14:04:18 <mgylling> Shane: in MOD we call it the tables module. In XHTML 1.1 its called the table module. 
14:04:46 <mgylling> Steven: editorial. Change the reference from 1.1 to MOD
14:05:04 <mgylling> Subtopic: Issue 469
14:05:05 <Steven>
14:05:28 <mgylling> Shane: these items are corrected.
14:05:40 <mgylling> Subtopic: Issue 584
14:05:41 <Steven>
14:06:45 <mgylling> Steven: same as 478, modify the reference from 1.1 to MOD
14:08:21 <mgylling> Subtopic: Issue 6288
14:08:22 <Steven>
14:09:07 <mgylling> Shane: the submitter is correct that somehow XMLNAMES became informatively referenced. Fixed.
14:09:13 <mgylling> Subtopic: Issue 6933
14:09:15 <Steven>
14:09:20 <markbirbeck> markbirbeck has joined #xhtml
14:10:12 <mgylling> Shane: think all assertions are now marked as such.
14:10:19 <mgylling> Subtopic: Issue 582
14:10:21 <Steven>
14:11:42 <mgylling> Shane: 1.0's IMPLIED base @href does not make sense.
14:12:00 <mgylling> Steven: does the submitters use of frame references work in browsers?
14:13:05 <mgylling> Steven: comment needs to be passed on to next version of XHTMLMOD, we cannot change it in 1.1.
14:13:23 <mgylling> Steven: He is right, but one could use href="" and achieve the same effect.
14:14:05 <mgylling> Shane: @target is not in 1.1 right?
14:15:07 <mgylling> Shane: the 2007 1.1 included @target, but was removed before PER
14:16:05 <mgylling> Steven: but at last moment it was added to basic. At the PER transition call, we were asked to add it into 1.1 to make sure basic remains a proper subset. On the basis of that argumentation, we could add @target.
14:18:37 <mgylling> Shane: confirming that @target is in the 2007 version of the 1.1 DTD
14:19:21 <mgylling> Steven: was wrong about @target and basic, it was inputmode that was discussed
14:19:32 <mgylling> Shane: which is also not in the PER
14:21:06 <mgylling> Steven: what do we do with target?
14:21:57 <mgylling> MoZ: think its not the aim of a new edition to change, unless DTD is not in harmony with prose.
14:23:07 <mgylling> Steven: while we agree with this change, the current edition is not about making changes to the language, this issue will get marked as an issue for a future version
14:24:24 <mgylling> Steven: second issue in 582
14:25:14 <mgylling> Shane: form a reply
14:25:23 <mgylling> Subtopic: Issue 6909
14:25:25 <Steven>
14:26:07 <mgylling> Shane: already fixed.
14:26:14 <mgylling> Subtopic: Issue 650
14:26:17 <Steven>
14:26:41 <mgylling> Shane: already discussed in the context of 1.0
14:27:33 <Steven>
14:28:23 <Steven>
14:29:47 <mgylling> Steven: issue is on the wrong spec; to be moved to XHTMLMOD 
14:30:04 <mgylling> Subtopic: Issue 651
14:30:05 <Steven>
14:31:12 <mgylling> Editorial fix with no objections.
14:31:38 <mgylling> Topic: Next steps
14:31:52 <mgylling> Steven: done with 1.0 and 1.1. Are there any issues on basic and print?
14:32:07 <mgylling> Shane: none on print.
14:33:25 <mgylling> Steven: basic spec says to send comments to www-html-editor. One comment:
14:33:44 <Steven>
14:35:51 <mgylling> Shane: fixed those typos.
14:36:26 <mgylling> Steven: will go through Bjoerns email for any additional issues.
14:37:34 <mgylling> Steven: modulo Bjoerns latest comments, we think that we have dealt with all issues 
14:37:58 <ShaneM> ACTION: Shane to produce updated PER drafts and disposition of comments documents
14:37:58 <trackbot> Created ACTION-86 - Produce updated PER drafts and disposition of comments documents [on Shane McCarron - due 2009-06-17].
14:38:20 <Zakim> - +1.763.767.aaaa
14:38:21 <Zakim> -MoZ
14:38:21 <Zakim> -Steven
14:38:22 <Zakim> -Tina
14:38:37 <Steven> Thanks for scribing Markus
14:38:46 <Steven> zakim, who is here?
14:38:46 <Zakim> On the phone I see Markus
14:38:47 <Zakim> On IRC I see markbirbeck, MoZ, Zakim, RRSAgent, ShaneM, mgylling, Tina, Steven, trackbot
14:38:54 <Zakim> -Markus
14:38:55 <Zakim> IA_XHTML2()9:45AM has ended
14:38:57 <Zakim> Attendees were Steven, +1.763.767.aaaa, +04670602aabb, Markus, MoZ, +0468645aacc, Tina
14:39:16 <Steven> rrsagent, make minutes
14:39:16 <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate Steven