Chatlog 2009-05-20

From XHTML2
Jump to: navigation, search

See original RRSAgent log and preview nicely formatted version.

Please justify/explain all edits to this page, in your "edit summary" text.

13:44:14 <RRSAgent> RRSAgent has joined #xhtml
13:44:14 <RRSAgent> logging to http://www.w3.org/2009/05/20-xhtml-irc
13:44:16 <trackbot> RRSAgent, make logs public
13:44:18 <trackbot> Zakim, this will be IA_XHTML2
13:44:18 <Zakim> ok, trackbot; I see IA_XHTML2()9:45AM scheduled to start in 1 minute
13:44:19 <trackbot> Meeting: XHTML2 Working Group Teleconference
13:44:19 <trackbot> Date: 20 May 2009
13:44:39 <Roland> Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xhtml2/2009May/0022.html
13:44:47 <Roland> Chair: Roland
13:45:15 <Zakim> IA_XHTML2()9:45AM has now started
13:45:17 <Zakim> +MoZ
13:45:25 <Steven> Steven has joined #xhtml
13:45:29 <Zakim> +Roland
13:45:31 <Zakim> -Roland
13:45:31 <Zakim> +Roland
13:45:47 <Steven> zakim, dial steven-617
13:45:47 <Zakim> ok, Steven; the call is being made
13:45:48 <Zakim> +Steven
13:45:54 <Zakim> + +04670602aaaa
13:45:59 <Zakim> + +0468645aabb
13:46:12 <mgylling> Zakim, aaaa is Markus
13:46:12 <Zakim> +Markus; got it
13:46:45 <Steven> rrsagent, pointer?
13:46:45 <RRSAgent> See http://www.w3.org/2009/05/20-xhtml-irc#T13-46-45
13:47:04 <mgylling> Markus will constantly be on mute due to a multitude of kids present
13:47:33 <Steven> Regrets: Shane, Alessio
13:47:48 <Steven> zakim, who is here?
13:47:48 <Zakim> On the phone I see MoZ, Roland, Steven, Markus, +0468645aabb
13:47:49 <Zakim> On IRC I see Steven, RRSAgent, Roland, mgylling, Zakim, MoZ, markbirbeck, trackbot, Tina
13:48:12 <Tina> Zakim, aabb is Tina
13:48:12 <Zakim> +Tina; got it
13:48:48 <MoZ> My name is Mohamed ZERGAOUI, from Innovimax
13:49:29 <Steven> Welcome!
13:49:31 <MoZ> Typically involved in Markup processing and Validation, and decide eventually to join XHTML2 for helping on maintenance
13:49:39 <Steven> perfect
13:50:52 <Steven> Scribe: Steven
13:51:15 <Steven> Roland: As you may have noticed, last week I announced I am leaving IBM
13:51:24 <Steven> ... so this may be my last call as chair
13:51:47 <Steven> Topic: PERs
13:51:58 <Roland> http://www.w3.org/News/2009#item79
13:52:04 <Steven> Roland: The W3C rescinded the 4 PERs
13:53:43 <Roland> Bjoern Hoehrmann note: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2009May/0029
13:56:08 <Steven> Steven: Looks like we dropped the ball on some of those issues. Probably because our thought process was "we're just adding schemas".
13:56:25 <Roland> Karsten Wutzke note: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-html/2009May/0018.html
13:56:25 <Steven> ... SO we need to make sure we have addressed them and resubmit.
13:56:32 <Steven> s/SO/So/
13:57:16 <Steven> Roland: It was maybe a mistake to have submitted them all together. Maybe we should do them one by one.
13:58:01 <Steven> ... we should publish errata as we go along as well
13:58:44 <Tina> Zakim, mute me
13:58:44 <Zakim> Tina should now be muted
14:01:37 <Steven> Roland: We shopuld look at the issues
14:02:03 <Steven> Steven: Shame that Shane couldn't make it, since as editor he knows these specs, and what jhe has already changed
14:03:38 <Steven> Roland: When he talks about appendix C. There are several things he mentions.
14:04:56 <Steven> ... he refers to a note from Simon Pieters
14:05:04 <Steven> ... I am sure we addressed that.
14:05:18 <Steven> Steven: I remember Shane spending a long time on it. He really appreciated that note.
14:06:12 <Roland> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xhtml2/2009Feb/0032.html
14:09:47 <MoZ> MoZ has joined #xhtml
14:10:07 <Steven> Steven: I don't think we should do this over the phone; it would be more efficient to send a suggested handling, and then deal with those over the phone
14:10:26 <Steven> ... Shane said he was willing to do a first pass.
14:11:00 <Steven> Roland: I see he remarks that we don't explain why we don't refer to the latest version XML
14:11:11 <Steven> s/XML/of XML/
14:11:37 <Steven> ACTION: Steven and Shane work through the issues on the PERs and send the group suggestions
14:11:37 <trackbot> Created ACTION-83 - And Shane work through the issues on the PERs and send the group suggestions [on Steven Pemberton - due 2009-05-27].
14:11:53 <Steven> Topic: Actions
14:12:20 <Steven> http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/tracker/
14:12:28 <Steven> http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/tracker/actions/open
14:13:04 <Steven> Roland: Actions 1 and 2 refer to XML Events, and there is still work to be done there
14:13:25 <Steven> Steven: We're going to have to reassign these actions
14:13:30 <Steven> ROland: Yes
14:13:35 <Steven> s/RO/Ro/
14:15:31 <Steven> Mohamed: I am here to maybe take some actions to help the PERs to get to a good conclusion
14:16:11 <Steven> ... I am an AC rep
14:16:57 <Steven> Roland: Action 71 I also own, and will need to be reassigned
14:17:22 <Steven> ... is about a form value to the role vocabulary
14:18:00 <Steven> Steven: What is the problem? Is there anyone against adding a form  value to the role vocabulary?
14:18:22 <Steven> ... Anyone seen Gregory?
14:18:43 <Steven> Markus: He said he'd be here today, but has problems with his computer, so that may be it.
14:19:26 <Steven> Steven: If it just a case of coordination, I have a call with the Forms WG in the next hour
14:21:07 <Steven> ... I need to understand the use case
14:21:24 <Steven> ... in XHTML 1.* you have the form element
14:21:31 <Steven> ... and in XForms the whole page is a form
14:21:40 <Steven> ... (essentially)
14:23:13 <Steven> ... I understand the need to mark a form control, when it is a div+javascript
14:23:17 <MoZ> Zakim, mute me
14:23:17 <Zakim> MoZ should now be muted
14:23:30 <Steven> ... I need to understnad the usecase from Gregory before I can take it to the Forms WG
14:23:41 <Steven> s/tnad/tand/
14:23:54 <Steven> Roland: Gregory is discussing with Jenina as well
14:24:09 <Steven> ... the question is whether it is an ARIA role, or a base role
14:24:23 <Steven> ... they both end in the same document, but in different slots
14:24:50 <Steven> Assign ACTION 71 to Steven
14:24:53 <MoZ> Zakim, unmute me
14:24:53 <Zakim> MoZ should no longer be muted
14:24:58 <Steven> ACTION 71 assign to steven
14:24:58 <trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - 71
14:25:49 <Steven> Roland, Action 77, Markus?
14:25:52 <Steven> markus: Done
14:26:04 <Steven> s/markus/Markus/
14:27:35 <Steven> close action 53
14:27:43 <Steven> ACTION 53 closed
14:27:43 <trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - 53
14:28:10 <MoZ> Action 53: closed
14:28:10 <trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - 53
14:28:26 <Roland> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xhtml2/2009May/0013.html
14:28:27 <Steven> Steven: That was work done with Nick from the Forms WG
14:29:06 <Steven> Topic: XHTML2
14:29:22 <Steven> Roland: We talked about ITS, and had the ITS person here
14:29:25 <Steven> ... some email last week
14:30:08 <Steven> Roland: We should have a resolution
14:31:07 <Steven> Steven: We had decided on "itsRules"
14:31:36 <Steven> Roland: Working with the HTML5 WG, they decided on i18nRules
14:31:42 <Steven> Steven: Fair enough
14:32:08 <Roland> http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/xhtml2/wiki/Talk:XHTML2/i18n/ITS
14:32:22 <Steven> ... shame really, because it's not i18nRules, but itsRules *really*, but I can live with it.
14:32:48 <Steven> Steven: So we need to make the resolution, and update the vocab document
14:35:31 <Steven> Steven: I have changed the wiki page
14:36:01 <Steven> Roland: Proposed resolution as documented at http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/xhtml2/wiki/Talk:XHTML2/i18n/ITS
14:36:13 <Steven> PROPOSED RESOLUTION: the XHTML2 WG accepts the advice regarding ITS integration provided by Yves Savourel at the discussion at 2009-04-23 virtual Face2Face, specifically;  
14:36:13 <Steven> authors may use XHTML's native span element to insert inline ITS; for this purpose;  
14:36:13 <Steven> XHTML2 will specify ITS integration in its i18n module  
14:36:13 <Steven> the current Ruby module will also be subsumed into the expanded i18n module  
14:36:13 <Steven> support for external ITS support alone would satisfy the i18n community today, but there remains a future case for inline support for ITS using XHTML2's native span element;  
14:36:16 <Steven> XHTML will use link with <rel="i18nrules"> in head to reference an International Tag Set (ITS) document
14:36:32 <Steven> Roland: Any disagreement?
14:36:52 <mgylling> +1
14:37:01 <Steven> RESOLUTION: PROPOSED RESOLUTION: the XHTML2 WG accepts the advice regarding ITS integration provided by Yves Savourel at the discussion at 2009-04-23 virtual Face2Face, specifically;  
14:37:01 <Steven> authors may use XHTML's native span element to insert inline ITS; for this purpose;  
14:37:01 <Steven> XHTML2 will specify ITS integration in its i18n module  
14:37:01 <Steven> the current Ruby module will also be subsumed into the expanded i18n module  
14:37:01 <Steven> support for external ITS support alone would satisfy the i18n community today, but there remains a future case for inline support for ITS using XHTML2's native span element;  
14:37:03 <Steven> XHTML will use link with <rel="i18nrules"> in head to reference an International Tag Set (ITS) document
14:37:23 <Steven> ACTION: Steven to update the vocab document for new rel value i18nrules
14:37:23 <trackbot> Created ACTION-84 - Update the vocab document for new rel value i18nrules [on Steven Pemberton - due 2009-05-27].
14:38:24 <Steven> Topic: Next week
14:38:30 <Steven> Roland: Regrets, on vacation
14:38:36 <Steven> Steven: I'll chair
14:39:18 <Steven> Roland: We should organise an extended call, particularly for XML Events 2, and PER questions
14:41:55 <Steven> Steven: 18th June?
14:42:04 <Steven> Markus: OK with me
14:42:15 <Steven> Mohamed: Ok with me.
14:43:39 <Steven> Roland: Times last time were 13:00 UTC, but that was in March
14:43:59 <Steven> Steven: That would mean 12:00 UTC, for 4 hours?
14:44:05 <Steven> Roland: Sounds good.
14:44:24 <Steven> [ADJOURN]
14:44:35 <Zakim> -Roland
14:44:36 <Zakim> -Markus
14:44:36 <Zakim> -Steven
14:44:39 <Zakim> -MoZ
14:44:39 <mgylling> mgylling has left #xhtml
14:44:45 <Zakim> -Tina
14:44:47 <Zakim> IA_XHTML2()9:45AM has ended
14:44:48 <Zakim> Attendees were MoZ, Roland, Steven, +04670602aaaa, +0468645aabb, Markus, Tina
14:44:56 <Steven> rrsagent, make minutes
14:44:57 <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/05/20-xhtml-minutes.html Steven
# SPECIAL MARKER FOR CHATSYNC.  DO NOT EDIT THIS LINE OR BELOW.  SRCLINESUSED=00000155