Use Case Demonstration Template
This page provides a draft template for recording use case demonstrations related to implementations of the draft ITS2.0 specification.
These demonstrations provide a public facing view of these implementations and therefore should be documented using this template to maximise its usefulness to the broad community of potential ITS users and implementors
1 Use Case Description
A short business-oriented description of the use case, conveying the business functions being demonstrated. This should detail the following:
- The type of content application being addressed, including the type of content, e.g. HTML5 or a particular XML vocabulary
- The Use Case Actors, for for example taken from the list of actors suggested in the ITS 2.0 Requirements Document]
- The business processes being conducted (this would benefit from a common set of process definitions)
- The product classes involved, for example taken from the list of classes suggested in the ITS 2.0 Requirements Document.
2 Use Case Implementation
A description of the overall system, identifying the major components that work together to address the use case. The components should be identified at a granularity that exposes the important Interoperability Points between them where the role of ITS and other involved standards can be documented when describing Interoperability Steps below, while also ensuring the system structure is easily understood by relevant stakeholders. You may also opt to sketch out components in a way that hides commercially sensitive design details.
For each component provide the following
- Name of component
- Organisation developing the component
- Link to fuller software description if available, including download detail where appropriate
- The ITS data categories implemented by the component by reference to feature conformance tests passed from Test Suite
- List of current know limitations, bugs or deviations from ITS conformant behaviour
3 Use Case Demonstration
- Status:current status of demonstration, e.g. in planning, under implementation, demonstrated at event X, available online.
- Demonstration:a pointer to the demonstration, either as a live online demo or a video of a demo.
- ITS Data Categories:a list of the ITS data categories used and the types of selection employed for each (Global or Local).
4 Interoperability Behaviour
A step by step description of the demonstration, giving examples of how content and data is passed between components as visible at the interoperability points identified in the systems description. Any initial assumptions about the state of the system should be clearly stated. These examples should be consistent with each other from step to step so that the the outcomes of various ITS-related processing can be clearly understood. A short explanation should be provided for each step, hihglighting the role of the ITS data categories used.