Rashty VMS client
This is based on the SMG routines
for screen management.
Dudu Rashty +972-2-584848 <RASHTY%HUJIVMS.BITNET>
- Demo site:
- Telnet to vms.huji.ac.il,
log in as www, then select 2.
- More information:
- Announcement of
alpha test, README file below:
VMS WWW BROWSER
Ver 1.0 - July 1993
Hebrew University Of Jerusalem
This client is based on WWWLIB1.1 and WWWLineMode client 1.4, A letter version
of this client will be available until DEC 1993.
This version of the client was tested under UCX/Multinet and UCX_APX (Alpha).
Please report any bug to Rashty@vms.huji.ac.il
This version of the WWW client is a VMS based version supported by VMS/SMG
In the anonymous ftp site at vms.huji.ac.il you can find the
1) cd www/www_client - Ucx , Multinet version of the client (linked under
Multinet 3.2c and VMS 5.52)
2) cd www/www_client/src - all the source files and a command to link the
client in a different environment.
In order to install this version you need to do the following:
1) Define the www client symbol name in the following way.
$ www == "$"+f$parse("device:[directory]www_client.exe.0", -
2) Define the NNTPSERVER symbol as the name for the news host.
$ define/system NNTPSERVER "info.cern.ch"
3) Define the WWW home page.
$ Define/system www_home "http://www.w3.org/default.html"
4) Define the WWW_MANUAL file - This provides the online help.
$ Define/system WWW_MANUAL
Documentation about the use of this browser is available from
Also note that the file commands.html contains a short discription of the
Some features of this client are:
1) Save important URL in user private list (Hotlist).
2) Mail any document to any Internet address.
3) Download files to p.c (With p.c kermit server)
4) Save or Append documents in user directory.
5) Print documents to printers which are connected to the network
(Printers which Have a logical address)
6) Local search in a document.
7) Navigation within a document is enabled by line or screen stepes.
8) The terminal's keyboard functions keys are defined for specific
9) The commands can be activated by one key stroke.
Special thank to Bjorn Nilsson (email@example.com) who helped me
prepare the public version.
The use of this version is free for Non commercial use Only.
Any commercial company within or outside Israel are not premitted to
use this version without the approval of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
: **** Thanks !! **** :
: Dudu Rashty Rashty@Vms.Huji.Ac.Il __o o__ :
: Computation Center Bitnet:Rashty@HUJIVMS _ \<,_ _.>/ _ :
: The Hebrew University Phone: +972-2-584397 (_)/ (_) (_)\ (_) :
: Jerusalem 91904, ISRAEL. Fax: +972-2-527349 D u d u :