IRC log of webauthn on 2023-11-01

Timestamps are in UTC.

19:04:06 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #webauthn
19:04:11 [RRSAgent]
logging to
19:04:20 [plh]
Meeting: Web Authentication Weekly meeting
19:04:23 [plh]
19:04:25 [plh]
19:04:33 [selfissued]
selfissued has joined #webauthn
19:04:35 [selfissued]
19:04:40 [nina]
nina has joined #webauthn
19:05:16 [jfontana]
tony: I added one more date to cancel time. 27 12 2023
19:05:33 [jfontana]
... I will send out cancel notices.
19:05:39 [plh]
present+ jfontana , matthewmiller , MichaelJones, JamesZhang, JaiminBhatt, Tim
19:06:37 [jfontana]
tony: charter seems to be expiring
19:06:48 [jfontana]
Plh: you need a new charter
19:06:55 [jfontana]
tony: still open issues.
19:07:47 [jfontana]
Plh: how long dill it take to finish
19:07:58 [jfontana]
... one more year, 2, 3...
19:08:21 [elundberg]
elundberg has joined #webauthn
19:08:22 [jfontana]
agl: we could call lvel 3 finished and we would still have thing to do.
19:09:04 [jfontana]
tony: it is level 3 is finsihed, but no finishing things in githb
19:09:19 [jfontana]
plh: do we have all the features for this cycle
19:09:53 [jfontana] it good enough to be called finished
19:10:10 [jfontana]
MMmiller: trying to work toward L3; need to test this stuff
19:10:32 [jfontana]
Tim: we have been workign on it
19:10:50 [jfontana]
self-issue: better to include things, rather than stop and start
19:11:25 [jfontana]
tony: how log do we want to re-charter for
19:11:39 [jfontana]
...get beyond LeverL
19:11:59 [jfontana]
phl: let's do the most
19:12:46 [jfontana]
phl: is it worth it to ship?
19:13:02 [jfontana]
19:13:07 [jfontana]
I can see no tech issues
19:13:44 [jfontana]
phl we need to be feature complete
19:14:02 [jfontana]
...we can already branch, however
19:14:54 [jfontana]
agl: there is an on going list of thing coming up
19:15:41 [jfontana]
tony: we will not cut today.
19:15:56 [jfontana]
...we should keep an eye on changes in charter wording
19:16:21 [jfontana]
PHL: need two seperate versions
19:16:45 [jfontana]
tim: is there a branch?
19:17:29 [jfontana]
phl: we will cross the bridge when we get there, re: 2 versions
19:19:05 [jfontana]
phl: you can try to get to more than oe implementation.
19:19:40 [jfontana]
nina: maybe password manager will help
19:19:49 [jfontana]
19:20:05 [jfontana]
bradley: that would be a stretch
19:20:48 [jfontana]
bradely: cold 1 password be an implemetation to handle
19:22:27 [jfontana]
19:23:19 [jfontana]
phl: can start on V4 and we can talk about time line
19:23:43 [jfontana]
tony: an we can look at browser extentions
19:24:05 [jfontana]
tony: any objections.
19:24:36 [jfontana]
...put effort behind it tow 2 more years.
19:25:45 [jfontana]
19:25:59 [jfontana]
akshay creating a situation around device bound keys
19:26:11 [jfontana]
...take a look at it again.
19:28:06 [jfontana]
akshay: first veriosn ..??
19:29:57 [jfontana]
bradley: some might have to accept security keyshave differences.
19:37:51 [jfontana]
19:38:11 [jfontana]
tony: david is not here.
19:38:56 [jfontana]
19:39:10 [jfontana]
tony: waiting for David W
19:59:07 [jfontana]
tony: john
19:59:42 [plh]
rrsagent, generate minutes
19:59:43 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate plh
20:05:01 [plh]
Chair: Tony
20:05:34 [plh]
i/I added one more date to cancel/Topic: Next meetings/
20:05:40 [plh]
rrsagent, generate minutes
20:05:41 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate plh
20:06:21 [plh]
i/charter seems to be expiring/Topic: Charter expiration/
20:06:37 [plh]
i/still open issues/Topic: Open Issues/
20:07:30 [plh]
zakim, bye
20:07:36 [plh]
rrsagent, bye
20:07:48 [plh]
rrsagent, make logs public
20:07:53 [plh]
rrsagent, bye
20:07:53 [RRSAgent]
I see no action items