IRC log of coga on 2023-05-08

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:16:14 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #coga
13:16:18 [RRSAgent]
logging to https://www.w3.org/2023/05/08-coga-irc
13:16:18 [Zakim]
RRSAgent, make logs Public
13:16:19 [Zakim]
Meeting: Cognitive and Learning Disabilities Accessibility Task Force Teleconference
13:16:26 [Lisa]
RRSAgent, publish minutes
13:16:27 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate https://www.w3.org/2023/05/08-coga-minutes.html Lisa
13:21:47 [Lisa]
regrets+ EA, and anyone from the UK
13:22:15 [Lisa]
agenda+ new actions page agenda+ updates and actions https://docs.google.com/document/d/15HtPkkYx1CIl6bAwP2nsSZKhqTVbqcuMDRz5RmtmvXg/edit#heading=h.ka7r1m4q5vkc
13:22:28 [Lisa]
clear agenda
13:22:56 [Lisa]
agenda+ new actions page https://docs.google.com/document/d/15HtPkkYx1CIl6bAwP2nsSZKhqTVbqcuMDRz5RmtmvXg/edit#heading=h.ka7r1m4q5vkc
13:25:09 [Lisa]
agenda+ what is a sprint?
13:25:59 [Lisa]
agenda+ what subgroups do we need? And setting next sprints based on timelines at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JXa94s2lbzJ0v9FHasxxws3CsOcljHHBdlQ2VOxYqAQ/edit#
13:27:19 [Lisa]
agenda+ when to hold subgroup meetings ? do we keep https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/coga/wiki/Subgroups?
13:28:31 [Lisa]
agenda+ using the drive for actions and putting read me file in subfolders
13:33:18 [Lisa]
agenda+ please check drive access https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1i7L_7aPkmzsZjdLo-9adKbpGpiqaxod3?usp=share_link
13:38:00 [Lisa]
RRSAgent, publish minutes
13:38:01 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate https://www.w3.org/2023/05/08-coga-minutes.html Lisa
13:57:37 [kirkwood]
kirkwood has joined #COGA
14:09:50 [Lisa]
regrets+ EA, and anyone from the UK, Rain, Becca
14:53:06 [Lisa]
Lisa has joined #coga
14:53:11 [Lisa]
agenda?
14:53:26 [Lisa]
RRSAgent, publish minutes
14:53:27 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate https://www.w3.org/2023/05/08-coga-minutes.html Lisa
14:55:28 [Lisa]
regrets+ abby
14:55:46 [Kiki]
Kiki has joined #coga
14:56:28 [Kiki]
Present+
14:59:56 [Eric_Hind_]
Eric_Hind_ has joined #coga
15:00:55 [JustineP]
JustineP has joined #coga
15:02:19 [Lisa]
scribe: kiki
15:02:38 [Lisa]
Q?
15:02:56 [Jenni]
Jenni has joined #coga
15:03:52 [Lisa]
next item
15:04:38 [julierawe]
julierawe has joined #coga
15:04:42 [julierawe]
present+
15:04:43 [Kiki]
Lisa: UK holiday so there are a few regrets but we are at quorum additionally people have been replying in emails on some of these topic
15:05:09 [Kiki]
... redid the COFA action items page for organization of the subgroups.
15:05:22 [Lisa]
old actions https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZOqbMFG7zY_Tqd20aIdrBFWZtx3AzHfNJWDcQk9YQPo/edit#
15:06:56 [Kiki]
... the old tracker was hard to track with so the new doc. One section list out all the sub groups and request from other groups. Another section is to list out the KPIs
15:08:27 [Kiki]
... The box at the top is what is actively/currently being working on. The table below is the all the tasks. For who it is assigned to, is a drop down and you can pick a color for your name to make it easier to see.
15:09:33 [Kiki]
... For the mental health subgroup, there was a lot of instructions. To make it more simple, we have a column for specific documentation for the task and a due date.
15:10:00 [Lisa]
Q?
15:11:36 [Lisa]
q?
15:12:20 [Kiki]
Lisa: The next section of note is the KPI section.
15:12:26 [Kiki]
q+
15:12:32 [Lisa]
ack next
15:13:11 [Kiki]
Kiki: is th KPI section the same as the box at the top of each subgroup?
15:13:26 [Lisa]
eric give this a plus 1
15:13:34 [Kiki]
Lisa: No, it is separate for project management
15:13:41 [Jenni]
q+
15:14:08 [Kiki]
...KPI is the action section for each subgroup.
15:15:06 [kirkwood]
kirkwood has joined #COGA
15:15:24 [Kiki]
Kiki: is it novel information in KPI section?
15:15:36 [Kiki]
Lisa: All except the current sprint cell
15:17:52 [Kiki]
...There is the subgroup, Previous KPIs, Current KPIs, Current sprint, future sprints and key links
15:19:42 [Jenni]
q-
15:21:02 [Lisa]
https://docs.google.com/document/d/15HtPkkYx1CIl6bAwP2nsSZKhqTVbqcuMDRz5RmtmvXg/edit#
15:22:10 [julierawe]
q+
15:22:47 [Lisa]
ack next
15:23:15 [Kiki]
Julie: This looks group. Do you recommend in the subgroup notes for the historical record of different sprints that have been done?
15:23:34 [Kiki]
Lisa: Absolutely. That is a good point. We can add old sprints at the bottom
15:24:36 [Kiki]
Lisa: At the bottom is there is also section for supporting documentation
15:24:45 [Kiki]
... Are we happy with this with this move
15:24:53 [Kiki]
+1
15:25:05 [JustineP]
+1
15:25:07 [Jenni]
+1 knowing we can update if people have accessibility issues with it
15:25:09 [julierawe]
+1
15:25:13 [kirkwood]
+1
15:25:22 [Kiki]
Lisa: Kiki, eric and Justine, Jenni, Julie and John give plus one
15:25:32 [Jenni]
*Sorry I spelled my name wrong...that kind of morning
15:25:43 [Kiki]
Lisa: Yeah that is a good point if there are any accessibility issues
15:26:10 [kirkwood]
present+
15:26:30 [Lisa]
next item
15:26:37 [Kiki]
Lisa: For each subgroups, I copied the previous KPIs. KPIs are like measurable goals. KPIs are pulled from our timeline
15:27:25 [Kiki]
... A sprint is an 8 weeks to get tasks done. Different members can be in a different sprint. You can be involved in one sprint and not other sprints
15:28:14 [Kiki]
... At the first meeting, set to do less cause you only have 8 weeks. It will be more intensive
15:28:51 [Kiki]
...Clarify the aims at the beginning of the sprint. Group will be making a draft of whatever the deliverable it is. Assume you need feedback frequently through out the sprint
15:29:01 [Kiki]
q+
15:29:01 [kirkwood]
+1
15:29:03 [Jenni]
q+
15:29:03 [Lisa]
do we like what goes into a sprint?
15:29:11 [Lisa]
ack kiki
15:29:41 [Kiki]
Kiki: what is someone joins the sprint in the middle?
15:30:04 [JustineP]
q+
15:30:14 [Kiki]
Lisa: That is up to whoever is leading the sprint. Sometimes that won't work but sometimes it can.
15:30:43 [Lisa]
ack next
15:32:12 [Kiki]
Jenny: I like the structure and outline. It is quite clear. Clarification on weekly feedback. There are weeks where I may only be able to attend the main meeting or attend the sprint and I would need to choose. I don't know with my job, I don't know if I can add meetings. If sprints would allow async participation or indicating sprints are required for membership for COGA
15:32:52 [Kiki]
Lisa: The main meeting is like a committee meeting to review the sprints. That is totally good to not be in a sprint and still participate
15:33:27 [Kiki]
... If this is a busy time, then one can join a sprint after their schedule will allow
15:34:02 [Lisa]
ack next
15:34:35 [Kiki]
Justine: This sounds manageable. 8 weeks is a long time out to predict my availability. This gives me hesitancy. Could we recuse ourselves during the sprint if our schedule changes?
15:35:27 [Kiki]
Lisa: We have for the mental health group, we have two tasks for the sprint. 1st tasks needs to be completed to do the 2nd tasks. Both will be completed in the 8 weeks but it is broken up
15:36:31 [Kiki]
Lisa: For the sprint, individuals should attend when they are in an active task
15:37:13 [Lisa]
do we like the sprints?
15:37:17 [kirkwood]
+1 to sprints
15:37:17 [Lisa]
+1
15:37:20 [Eric_Hind_]
+1
15:37:23 [JustineP]
+1
15:37:33 [Jenni]
I like them but they may be difficult to participate in
15:37:42 [Kiki]
+1.. one consideration is to make the time frame a little shorter
15:38:20 [kirkwood]
+1 to kiki for them being shorter
15:39:37 [Kiki]
Lisa: We are based on AG on their sprints. We could do 4-8 weeks to get task or tasks done
15:39:56 [Lisa]
q?
15:40:01 [Kiki]
... we could change it to 4 weeks. We could leave it at 8 weeks and see what happens. or make it flexible?
15:40:16 [Jenni]
q+
15:40:34 [Lisa]
ack next
15:40:36 [Kiki]
Lisa: I don't know if 4 week is just too little
15:41:21 [Kiki]
Jenny: I think kiki's question touchs on the scope. Perhaps we specific that the sprint is for 1 tasks
15:41:33 [Lisa]
ack next
15:41:35 [kirkwood]
+1 to Jennie
15:41:52 [Jenni]
q+
15:41:54 [Kiki]
+1 to Jennie (sorry I keep spelling your name incorrectly!)
15:42:21 [Jenni]
q?
15:42:40 [Kiki]
q+
15:42:50 [Lisa]
ack next
15:44:14 [Kiki]
Lisa: The analysis would take 8 weeks but there are other tasks, such as clean up task
15:44:15 [Kiki]
Jennie: The way some of us approach sprints. The first one is to outline the work to be done. The ultimate goal is to complete analysis, but each tasks could be a different sprint.
15:44:26 [Lisa]
ack next
15:45:35 [Kiki]
Lisa: Is a task equal to a sprint?
15:46:01 [Kiki]
Kiki: yes, a sprint is a focus period of time to complete the objective in that time.
15:46:49 [Kiki]
Lisa: Sprint is an action item for AG. So completing a guide is the action item and there are many tasks to complete the action item
15:46:55 [Jenni]
q+
15:47:15 [Kiki]
Lisa: I think we should move away from using the word sprint since it has different meaning in different job settings.
15:48:18 [Jenni]
q-
15:48:40 [Kiki]
...We have to break it up into individual tasks. If we do that, then we need to project management for each subgroup.
15:49:32 [Kiki]
...Do we want to have 8 week subgoals (individual tasks and call those sprints)?
15:50:49 [Kiki]
We have phases. Then the current phase we can divide into subphases
15:51:09 [Lisa]
q?
15:51:11 [Kiki]
each subphases could be created from subtasks
15:51:24 [Kiki]
q+
15:51:24 [Lisa]
does changing sprint to sub-phase work
15:51:38 [Lisa]
and having tasks in a phase that last up to a4 weeks
15:52:39 [Lisa]
ack next
15:53:12 [julierawe]
q+
15:53:37 [kirkwood]
cncern about ‘don’t know how to schedule 8 weeks ahead” is difficult easier to commit.
15:53:43 [kirkwood]
+1 to Kiki
15:54:17 [Kiki]
Kiki: less about the word sprint, more about the length of time of the sprint or phases
15:55:10 [JustineP]
+1 John and Kiki
15:55:29 [Kiki]
John: Putting to 4 week sprint, and even if it is completing the first half of a tasks. Not saying things won't take longer then 4 weeks but it is easier to wrap your head around
15:56:19 [Kiki]
lisa: 4 weeks to get a few task(s) done. Can go up to 8 weeks. Then when you have the first meeting, the subgroup defines the timeline
15:56:22 [Eric_Hind_]
+1
15:56:22 [Kiki]
+1
15:56:26 [kirkwood]
+1
15:56:29 [Jenni]
+1
15:56:36 [JustineP]
+1
15:56:37 [julierawe]
0
15:58:05 [kirkwood]
q?
15:58:22 [Lisa]
ack next
15:58:41 [Jenni]
Apologies - have to drop
15:59:14 [Kiki]
Julie: I hear practical reasons for 4 week timeline but AG used 8 weeks timeline. There are a lot of tasks that are hard to do in 4 weeks
15:59:49 [Kiki]
Lisa: Yes, that is when a sprint needs to go up to 8 week. Sometimes things are going to have to be an 8 weeks to complete the tasks
15:59:59 [Kiki]
...People set up the timeline in the first meeting
16:00:17 [Kiki]
I have to drop. Can someone take over scribe?
16:00:19 [Lisa]
agenda?
16:01:04 [kirkwood]
sorry need to drop
16:11:16 [Lisa]
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Nw0uqseDHPiRfrC8NvnHAoX2HsRERblGEOGW6MU-jJM/edit
16:11:32 [Lisa]
discusing with juli next steps for wcag codination.
16:11:41 [Lisa]
we think it is backing up ag subgroups
16:12:21 [Lisa]
1. reaching out 2. suhgsting work (patterns, testing secting other testing work) for them to look at, 3. joint meetings to discuss
16:14:31 [Lisa]
RRSAgent, publish minutes
16:14:33 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate https://www.w3.org/2023/05/08-coga-minutes.html Lisa
17:37:24 [kirkwood]
kirkwood has joined #COGA
17:49:04 [kirkwood]
kirkwood has joined #COGA
17:53:04 [kirkwood]
kirkwood has joined #COGA