IRC log of coga on 2023-04-03

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:25:32 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #coga
13:25:36 [RRSAgent]
logging to https://www.w3.org/2023/04/03-coga-irc
13:25:36 [Zakim]
RRSAgent, make logs Public
13:25:37 [Zakim]
Meeting: Cognitive and Learning Disabilities Accessibility Task Force Teleconference
13:25:52 [lisa_]
lisa_ has joined #coga
13:26:06 [lisa_]
zakim, start meeting
13:26:06 [Zakim]
RRSAgent, make logs Public
13:26:08 [Zakim]
Meeting: Cognitive and Learning Disabilities Accessibility Task Force Teleconference
13:26:19 [lisa_]
RRSAgent, publish minutes
13:26:20 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate https://www.w3.org/2023/04/03-coga-minutes.html lisa_
13:26:48 [lisa_]
agenda+ Collaboration Tool Accessibility Feedback <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1odt2eWGeJT06S2xdW2H3ymTHOTa0QWkscNSEphNI1og/edit#heading=h.wik9fsv1osxs> next steps
13:27:05 [lisa_]
agenda+ Collaboration Tool Accessibility Feedback <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1odt2eWGeJT06S2xdW2H3ymTHOTa0QWkscNSEphNI1og/edit#heading=h.wik9fsv1osxs> next steps
13:27:16 [lisa_]
agenda+ Fast task force
13:27:37 [lisa_]
agenda+ subgroups <https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/coga/wiki/Subgroups>
13:27:51 [lisa_]
regrets, EA RAIN
13:28:11 [lisa_]
agenda+ reminder no meeting next week
13:57:56 [Roy_]
Roy_ has joined #coga
14:59:03 [David-Swallow]
David-Swallow has joined #COGA
14:59:37 [lisa]
lisa has joined #coga
14:59:45 [lisa]
agenda?
15:00:07 [Becca_Monteleone]
Becca_Monteleone has joined #COGA
15:01:11 [Eric_Hind]
Eric_Hind has joined #coga
15:01:17 [kimberly_sarabia]
kimberly_sarabia has joined #coga
15:01:45 [Jan_]
Jan_ has joined #coga
15:01:57 [Becca_Monteleone]
present+
15:04:01 [Kiki]
Kiki has joined #coga
15:04:18 [lisa]
scribe: becca
15:04:20 [Kiki]
present+
15:05:22 [lisa]
zakim, next item
15:05:22 [Zakim]
agendum 1 -- Collaboration Tool Accessibility Feedback <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1odt2eWGeJT06S2xdW2H3ymTHOTa0QWkscNSEphNI1og/edit#heading=h.wik9fsv1osxs> next steps --
15:05:24 [Zakim]
... taken up [from lisa_]
15:05:49 [David-Swallow]
present+
15:06:52 [Becca_Monteleone]
Lisa: New members - reach out to Lisa for orientation calls if you need one.
15:07:33 [Becca_Monteleone]
Jan: Please invite Jan to next orientation meeting in order to develop a "cheat sheet" for new COGA members.
15:08:19 [Becca_Monteleone]
Lisa: we could also add this info as a page on our Wiki once complete
15:08:46 [Jan_]
present+
15:09:15 [Becca_Monteleone]
Lisa: collaboration tool accessibility feedback given at the end of last year, noting that more work was needed. Jennie was editing the document
15:10:37 [Becca_Monteleone]
John: Shawn and John tried to collaborate on a document but ran into licensing issues and other problems that made it impossible. Good anecdote for collaboration tool feedback.
15:12:23 [kirkwood]
present+
15:12:37 [Becca_Monteleone]
Lisa: APA research questions group is making a document on accessibility of collaboration tools (e.g. Github, Google Docs, Microsoft suite). They gave COGA 1 month to add comments last year. APA did not have time to address comments last year, so added a note with summary of COGA comments
15:13:42 [Becca_Monteleone]
David: Did we get any feedback from APA re: issues with sharing our feedback?
15:14:32 [Becca_Monteleone]
Lisa: Janina wanted every issue as a separate link, but compromised on a single Github issue with a link to the Google docs
15:16:42 [Becca_Monteleone]
Lisa: APA has not looked at our extensive feedback yet. Two ways to give feedback: 1) give each issue as a separate issue in Github, or 2) copy their document into Google doc, add our comments, and then they have to reply to each comment in Google
15:20:27 [Becca_Monteleone]
Lisa: first question - do we have everything that we need? I think we need new next steps. First, can members review it again to see if any notes are missing?
15:20:50 [Becca_Monteleone]
Lisa: Next question - should we put it in Github or Google?
15:20:57 [lisa]
q?
15:21:08 [Becca_Monteleone]
Lisa: Third - we need someone to edit our comments to make them understandable to APA
15:21:49 [Becca_Monteleone]
Lisa: Can John and Shawn capture the issues they encountered with the collaborative doc?
15:22:02 [Becca_Monteleone]
John: John and Shawn will work on doing this.
15:22:22 [Becca_Monteleone]
Lisa: Does any else have a strong preference for Google v. Github?
15:23:03 [Becca_Monteleone]
David: David can be the person who transfers between Google docs and Github
15:23:27 [Becca_Monteleone]
Lisa: Is that something that you can do quickly?
15:23:39 [Becca_Monteleone]
David: will need to think about timeline he can work on.
15:25:00 [Becca_Monteleone]
Lisa: Recommends a COGA call to go through the document together
15:25:34 [Becca_Monteleone]
Lisa: Call should include Shawn, John, David, Jennie, and Lisa
15:25:47 [Becca_Monteleone]
Eric: Also interested in joining call
15:27:18 [lisa]
next item
15:27:36 [lisa]
topic: tpac
15:28:32 [Becca_Monteleone]
Lisa: TPAC scheduled for sept 11-sept 15 in Seville, Spain
15:29:25 [Becca_Monteleone]
Lisa: Travel may be complicated. There is not a direct flight from most places to Seville. Would likely involve taking a train from Madrid.
15:30:12 [Becca_Monteleone]
Lisa: provisional schedule - group meetings Monday and Tuesday. Tech plenary on Wednesday. group meetings Thursday and Friday
15:31:09 [Becca_Monteleone]
Lisa: Need to leave before Friday. COGA could meet on Monday + Tuesday and Lisa could meet virtually once she leaves. This year hoping for a stronger in-person presence from COGA
15:32:49 [Becca_Monteleone]
Lisa: do people want to have a face-to-face in Seville?
15:33:02 [jeanne]
jeanne has joined #coga
15:33:38 [Becca_Monteleone]
John: Do we know if AG or APA or EO have schedules for TPAC yet?
15:33:56 [Jan_]
I will not be able to attend TPAC because I will still be in the middle of my front end dev program.
15:34:43 [Becca_Monteleone]
Lisa: not yet. Guessing that APA will be meeting. And guessing it will be closer to the beginning of the week because of the Friday conflict with Jewish new year
15:35:33 [lisa]
lisa has joined #coga
15:35:44 [Becca_Monteleone]
John: unlikely to be able to attend, but does not know yet.
15:36:36 [Becca_Monteleone]
Lisa: Even if COGA does not meet, anyone is able to attend other meetings
15:37:39 [lisa]
next item
15:38:31 [Becca_Monteleone]
Lisa: FAST is a document started by Michael Cooper about functional needs for accessibility
15:38:40 [Becca_Monteleone]
Lisa: Includes functional need and user needs
15:39:21 [Becca_Monteleone]
Lisa: First draft re: COGA needed substantial edits. COGA worked to create "buckets" of categories related to COGA.
15:40:48 [Becca_Monteleone]
Lisa: Made a strong recommendation that co-morbidity needs to be accounted for. E.g. people with motor issues may also have COGA issues. Functional needs solutions often assume only one need
15:41:33 [Becca_Monteleone]
Lisa: E.g. screenreaders like JAWS may be very difficult/impossible to use for some people with intellectual disabilities who also are blind
15:42:38 [Becca_Monteleone]
Lisa: COGA feedback did not get fully integrated into FAST.
15:43:08 [Becca_Monteleone]
Lisa: Now starting FAST task force. Task force should have COGA representation
15:44:22 [Becca_Monteleone]
John: Interested, but does not want to overextend
15:44:51 [Jan_]
If it starts meeting after the middle of November, I could possibly join, but my time is going to be very limited from May 8 - mid November.
15:46:22 [lisa]
next item
15:47:24 [Becca_Monteleone]
Lisa: Thursday is test plan and strategy subgroup
15:48:06 [Becca_Monteleone]
Lisa: Mental health subgroup has updated action items.
15:48:58 [Becca_Monteleone]
Lisa: Aiming to have 2 issue papers publish-ready and adding a new persona
15:51:31 [Becca_Monteleone]
Lisa: No meeting next week.
15:51:46 [Becca_Monteleone]
Becca: Will have publish-ready paper drafts for April 17 for review
15:54:02 [Becca_Monteleone]
Lisa: We have many issues on Github. Can someone go through and tag them correctly?
15:54:20 [lisa]
next item
15:54:33 [lisa]
close item 5
15:56:00 [lisa]
RRSAgent, publish minutes
15:56:02 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate https://www.w3.org/2023/04/03-coga-minutes.html lisa