IRC log of forms on 2022-12-16

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:52:08 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #forms
14:52:12 [RRSAgent]
logging to https://www.w3.org/2022/12/16-forms-irc
14:52:12 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
14:52:43 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #forms
14:52:44 [trackbot]
Meeting: XForms Users Community Group Teleconference
14:52:44 [trackbot]
Date: 16 December 2022
14:52:44 [Steven]
Agenda: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xformsusers/2022Dec/0015
14:52:51 [Steven]
Chair: Steven
14:53:03 [Steven]
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xformsusers/2022Dec/0015
14:53:20 [Steven]
rrsagent, make minutes
14:53:21 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate https://www.w3.org/2022/12/16-forms-minutes.html Steven
14:54:05 [Steven]
Previous Meeting: https://www.w3.org/2022/12/02-forms-minutes
14:54:10 [Steven]
rrsagent, make minutes
14:54:11 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate https://www.w3.org/2022/12/16-forms-minutes.html Steven
14:56:58 [Alain]
Alain has joined #forms
14:57:46 [ebruchez_]
ebruchez_ has joined #forms
15:01:10 [Steven]
Present: Alain, Erik, Steven
15:01:23 [Steven]
Topic: ACTION-2325: Steven and Erik, check the new submit-ready text
15:01:23 [Steven]
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xformsusers/2022Oct/0009
15:01:28 [Steven]
Erik: Continues
15:01:40 [Steven]
Topic: ACTION-2326: Find out if iframe is deprecated.
15:01:40 [Steven]
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xformsusers/2022Dec/0007
15:01:46 [Steven]
Steven: It isn't.
15:02:12 [Steven]
... there is a follow up on communication with iframes
15:02:50 [Steven]
Topic: Autocomplete
15:02:50 [Steven]
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xformsusers/2022Dec/att-0009/00-part
15:03:17 [Steven]
Steven: Where does it gets its data from?
15:03:23 [Steven]
Alain: From the browser.
15:03:52 [Steven]
Steven: My browser already autocompletes. What's the difference?
15:04:18 [Steven]
Alain: It doesn't work well with passwords for instance.
15:05:03 [Steven]
... the autocomplete attribute allows specification of what can be completed.
15:05:39 [Steven]
... there are many possible values
15:06:29 [Steven]
Steven: Couldn;t we make autocomplete match the datatype (like credit card)?
15:06:35 [Steven]
s/;/'/
15:07:03 [Steven]
Alain: Owen Ambur thought it could be interesting for his project.
15:07:49 [Steven]
Steven: Let's investigate further how to integrate into XForms.
15:08:12 [Steven]
Erik: Sounds like it's worth looking into.
15:08:35 [Steven]
Topic: ACTION-2328: Write an email proposing the use of <form/>
15:08:35 [Steven]
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xformsusers/2022Dec/att-0008/00-part
15:09:12 [Steven]
Alain: It could be an option.
15:10:01 [Steven]
Steven: You are suggesting moving all of XForms into a <form/> element in the bosy?
15:10:09 [Steven]
Alain: Yes
15:10:19 [Steven]
Erik: No opinion particularly.
15:10:46 [Steven]
Steven: The content model of <form/> already supports this.
15:12:40 [Steven]
Alain: The current <form/> is specified as a document element
15:12:50 [Steven]
ACTION: Steven to check the <form/> element
15:12:57 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-2329 - Check the <form/> element [on Steven Pemberton - due 2022-12-23].
15:13:13 [Steven]
Alain: I read that a host element is required, but I don;t see why.
15:14:07 [Steven]
Erik: Why is stylesheet a problem?
15:14:17 [Steven]
Alain: Not really a problem.
15:14:41 [Steven]
Erik: YOu want more than one?
15:14:48 [Steven]
s/YO/Yo
15:15:22 [Steven]
Erik: In practice style elements are allowed anywhere by browsers.
15:15:39 [Steven]
Topic: ACTION-2327 - Write an email proposing a method for events
15:15:39 [Steven]
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xformsusers/2022Dec/0010
15:16:19 [Steven]
Steven: I don;t see a huge difference in what we are proposing, just how to propose it.
15:16:26 [Steven]
s/;/'/
15:17:42 [Steven]
Erik: There are 4 different things, dispatching in to out, out to in, listening on both sides.
15:18:37 [Steven]
... from out to in you can just use dispatch.
15:19:30 [Steven]
Steven: It would bubble on the outside
15:19:33 [Steven]
Erik: Right
15:20:20 [Steven]
... not in itself a problem.
15:21:38 [Steven]
... elements implement behaviour
15:22:36 [Steven]
... the control element could have a listener
15:22:47 [Steven]
Steven: It would have to listen to all events
15:27:14 [Steven]
... I would like to do an implementation-independent definition without new concepts if possible.
15:27:28 [Steven]
Erik: I agree
15:27:44 [Steven]
Steven: But you are suggesting new attributes or attribute concepts.
15:34:31 [Steven]
Steven: I think one way to solve this is to write forms to compare how they work.
15:36:37 [Steven]
ACTION: Steven to write some example forms communicating with each other
15:36:38 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-2330 - Write some example forms communicating with each other [on Steven Pemberton - due 2022-12-23].
15:36:55 [Steven]
Topic: AOB
15:37:58 [Steven]
Steven: My tutorial on XForms got accepted for the Web conference in Texas next year.
15:38:59 [Steven]
... next call 6 January
15:39:10 [Steven]
... have a great holiday period!
15:39:14 [Steven]
[ADJOURN]
15:39:28 [Steven]
rrsagent, make minutes
15:39:29 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate https://www.w3.org/2022/12/16-forms-minutes.html Steven
15:44:22 [Steven]
s/bosy/body/
15:45:11 [Steven]
s/don;t/don't/G
15:45:53 [Steven]
rrsagent, make minutes
15:45:54 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate https://www.w3.org/2022/12/16-forms-minutes.html Steven