Charter for the Governance Committee — W3C Inc Board of Directors
The Governance Committee:
- Ensures that the governance structures and processes for the Consortium (including the Board) are appropriate and documented.;
- Reviews and recommends changes to governing documents (including Bylaws) as needed, and oversees implementation of such changes;
- Reviews any agreements, contracts, etc. that come to the Board for approval, and makes recommendations;
- Makes recommendations for Director appointments;
- Helps ensure that there are enough candidates to fill the vacant seats for Board election;
- Recommend a policy for inviting non-Directors to Board committees;
- Oversees the governance of the W3C as a global collaboration between Members, Partners, and other contributors.
The Committee consists of at least three Directors appointed by the Board. The Chair or Chairs of the Committee are appointed by the Board. The Secretary (Chief Counsel) will serve as ex-officio member of the Committee. Only the Directors may vote on matters pertaining to the Committee. The Committee may invite others with relevant knowledge or expertise. Any Director may attend meetings.
None, all decisions of the Committee are recommendations to the Board.
The proceedings of the Committee operate under the same dissemination and confidentiality requirements as those of the Board.
Special conflict of interest rules
No Director shall vote on matters relating to or affecting their own employment or compensation.
The Committee will meet at least quarterly, or more often as circumstances require.
Last modified: $Date: 2022/11/01 17:42:52 $