IRC log of adapt on 2022-07-11

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:05:12 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #adapt
14:05:12 [RRSAgent]
logging to https://www.w3.org/2022/07/11-adapt-irc
14:05:13 [becky]
becky has joined #adapt
14:05:14 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
14:05:17 [trackbot]
Meeting: WAI Adapt Task Force Teleconference
14:05:17 [trackbot]
Date: 11 July 2022
14:05:23 [becky]
present+
14:05:25 [CharlesL]
present+
14:05:30 [Lionel_Wolberger]
agenda?
14:05:41 [Lionel_Wolberger]
agenda+ Last items before we request APA to move Module 1 to CR status. Spec content ready?
14:05:59 [Lionel_Wolberger]
agenda+ 3.6 edit (see git link) (Janina)
14:06:02 [Lionel_Wolberger]
agenda+ Blog post draft ready (Lionel)
14:06:06 [Lionel_Wolberger]
agenda+ CR Announcement is teed up in the WAI wiki (Sharon)
14:06:07 [mike_beganyi]
mike_beganyi has joined #adapt
14:06:12 [Lionel_Wolberger]
agenda+ Disambiguate between HTML <rel> and WAI-Adapt specified "purpose/destination/ action."" (Lionel)
14:06:15 [Lionel_Wolberger]
agenda+ TPAC 12-16 September 2022
14:06:19 [Lionel_Wolberger]
agenda+ Editor's note for symbols (Janina action) [dependent on the rewrite of 3.6 above]
14:06:23 [Lionel_Wolberger]
agenda+ Content Module Implementations Status, focus on new candidates
14:06:27 [Lionel_Wolberger]
agenda+ (on hold until following CR) Planning future COGA meetings on our other two modules; BCI Registry Implementation: Next steps
14:06:32 [Lionel_Wolberger]
present+
14:06:41 [mike_beganyi]
present+
14:06:46 [Lionel_Wolberger]
chair: Lionel_Wolberger
14:08:35 [Roy]
present+
14:08:40 [janina]
present+
14:09:11 [mike_beganyi]
scribe+
14:09:21 [mike_beganyi]
zakim, next item
14:09:21 [Zakim]
agendum 1 -- Last items before we request APA to move Module 1 to CR status. Spec content ready? -- taken up [from Lionel_Wolberger]
14:10:04 [mike_beganyi]
Lionel_Wolberger: focus on going to CR. resolution to ask APA CFC to move Module 1 to CR status. anything blocking that?
14:11:36 [Roy]
q+
14:11:45 [mike_beganyi]
janina: don't believe so. pull requests: issue 213 deemed editorial. 212 grammatical.these have been merged
14:11:55 [mike_beganyi]
ack Roy
14:12:14 [mike_beganyi]
Roy: fix all of the links in the document. references updated before CR. will fix tomorrow
14:12:24 [mike_beganyi]
janina: you have a full week to do that. CFC will run for a week
14:13:06 [mike_beganyi]
janina: will need a link for CFC, but wait until resolution in this TF
14:13:15 [Lionel_Wolberger]
q?
14:13:50 [mike_beganyi]
Roy: will create implementation page on WAI website. will someone help to summarize all implementations we have? I can list them on the page
14:14:38 [mike_beganyi]
janina: series of things to do. don't need answers today. do have answers for all of them. need to gather data to present. have at least a week.
14:14:57 [mike_beganyi]
Lionel_Wolberger: link to which page, Janina?
14:15:25 [janina]
https://www.w3.org/2021/Process-20211102/#transition-cr
14:15:47 [mike_beganyi]
janina: after we vote the resolution, not before. after we ask APA to do it this is next steps
14:16:02 [janina]
agenda?
14:17:04 [mike_beganyi]
Lionel_Wolberger: let's do the resolution today
14:18:17 [mike_beganyi]
janina: suggest we're ready to do resolution then discuss other items
14:18:34 [janina]
DRAFT RESOLUTION: The WAI-Adapt Task Force requests that APA conduct a
14:18:34 [janina]
Call for Consensus to transition WAI-Adapt Content Module 1.0
14:18:34 [janina]
(https://w3c.github.io/adapt/content/) to Candidate Recommendation.
14:19:25 [Lionel_Wolberger]
DRAFT RESOLUTION: The WAI-Adapt Task Force requests that APA conduct a Call for Consensus to transition WAI-Adapt Content Module 1.0
14:20:04 [Lionel_Wolberger]
DRAFT RESOLUTION: The WAI-Adapt Task Force requests that APA conduct a Call for Consensus to transition WAI-Adapt Content Module 1.0 (https://w3c.github.io/adapt/content/) to Candidate Recommendation.
14:21:37 [mike_beganyi]
q?
14:22:02 [mike_beganyi]
RESOLUTION: The WAI-Adapt Task Force requests that APA conduct a Call for Consensus to transition WAI-Adapt Content Module 1.0 (https://w3c.github.io/adapt/content/) to Candidate Recommendation.
14:22:11 [Lionel_Wolberger]
rrsagent, make minutes
14:22:11 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate https://www.w3.org/2022/07/11-adapt-minutes.html Lionel_Wolberger
14:22:39 [CharlesL]
rrsagent, make logs public
14:25:01 [mike_beganyi]
janina: Roy will correct links that point to personalization. these things are grammatical and editorial. those changes can be made at any time. the CFC needs to contain a snapshot of what we voted on. what we vote on itself does not change.
14:26:16 [Lionel_Wolberger]
DRAFT RESOLUTION: The WAI-Adapt Task Force requests updated Working Draft publication of an updated W3C Working Draft Note of the WAI-Adapt Explainer (https://w3c.github.io/adapt/content/).
14:26:19 [Roy]
https://w3c.github.io/adapt/
14:27:03 [Roy]
W3C Group Draft Note
14:27:53 [Lionel_Wolberger]
DRAFT RESOLUTION: The WAI-Adapt Task Force requests updated Working Draft publication of the WAI-Adapt Explainer (https://w3c.github.io/adapt/) as a W3C Group Draft Note.
14:28:09 [CharlesL]
+1
14:28:18 [Lionel_Wolberger]
+1
14:28:38 [mike_beganyi]
+1
14:28:39 [becky]
+1
14:29:04 [Roy]
+1
14:29:33 [mike_beganyi]
RESOLUTION: The WAI-Adapt Task Force requests updated Working Draft publication of the WAI-Adapt Explainer (https://w3c.github.io/adapt/) as a W3C Group Draft Note.
14:29:42 [Lionel_Wolberger]
rrsagent, make minutes
14:29:42 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate https://www.w3.org/2022/07/11-adapt-minutes.html Lionel_Wolberger
14:29:55 [mike_beganyi]
zakim, next item
14:29:55 [Zakim]
agendum 2 -- 3.6 edit (see git link) (Janina) -- taken up [from Lionel_Wolberger]
14:30:40 [mike_beganyi]
Lionel_Wolberger: believe you've resolved it?
14:31:47 [mike_beganyi]
janina: not quite. need to support transition to CR. there's a hyperlink in there we should all look at. demonstrates that this is ready for CR. APA alone cannot solely approve. requires approval from other W3C groups
14:32:52 [mike_beganyi]
janina: proposing a wiki. first point is to point to the criteria that we are satisfying. hopefully each that this spec meets will have its own idref so that approval can be simplified.
14:33:01 [mike_beganyi]
janina: looking for volunteers to find those
14:34:22 [Lionel_Wolberger]
https://www.w3.org/groups/tf/personalization-tf/tools
14:34:53 [CharlesL]
q+
14:35:03 [Lionel_Wolberger]
https://www.w3.org/groups/tf/personalization-tf/tools
14:35:27 [mike_beganyi]
CharlesL: when you change doc name you change links. if we've sent those out the links will be invalid.
14:35:36 [Lionel_Wolberger]
https://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/task-forces/personalization/wiki/Main_Page
14:35:42 [mike_beganyi]
janina: Roy knows this is an action item on him
14:35:43 [mike_beganyi]
ack Charles
14:35:50 [Roy]
https://github.com/w3c/adapt/wiki
14:36:19 [Roy]
https://www.w3.org/TR/adapt-requirements/
14:36:46 [Roy]
https://github.com/w3c/adapt/wiki/Requirements
14:36:46 [Lionel_Wolberger]
https://github.com/w3c/adapt/wiki/Requirements
14:38:04 [Roy]
https://www.w3.org/TR/adapt-requirements/
14:38:05 [mike_beganyi]
janina: we don't have separate docs for each requirement. can come up with a list to capture all of them.
14:38:49 [mike_beganyi]
Roy: can republish this document and classify the features into different modules
14:39:11 [mike_beganyi]
Roy: have a section that indicates features for module 1, etc. a simpler approach
14:40:48 [janina]
https://www.w3.org/2021/Process-20211102/#transition-cr
14:40:58 [Lionel_Wolberger]
Mapping requirements to the Content Module 1.0 is accomplished by this Group Draft Note, https://www.w3.org/TR/adapt-requirements/
14:41:24 [Roy]
https://www.w3.org/2021/Process-20211102/#Note
14:42:12 [mike_beganyi]
janina: going back to list published above, these are steps to move to CR
14:42:37 [mike_beganyi]
janina: link I posted specified steps to satisfy in order to go to CR
14:43:56 [mike_beganyi]
janina: don't think we have any changes to dependencies (item 2 from list available at above link)
14:44:38 [mike_beganyi]
janina: will report on building and deployment of a registry
14:45:03 [mike_beganyi]
janina: how will we demonstrate that our implementations will actually work? make content for modules to point to. browser extensions/3rd party will make them work
14:45:29 [Lionel_Wolberger]
* Lionel notes again for the record, we are following the bulleted list in 6.3.7. Transitioning to Candidate Recommendation, https://www.w3.org/2021/Process-20211102/#transition-cr
14:45:32 [mike_beganyi]
janina: how we will exit CR and go to next level. we know we have to create content and support user agent implementations
14:46:38 [mike_beganyi]
janina: specify deadlines for comments. leave for Michael and Roy to figure out. any disclosures are 28 days, but may be 60. opportunity for people to disclose patents they might have and they won't prevent this spec
14:47:27 [mike_beganyi]
janina: wide review. want to point to Lisa for help with this. lots of wide review has been conducted
14:48:11 [mike_beganyi]
Lionel_Wolberger: presented at TPAC 2017, I think. also, TPAC 2021.
14:48:16 [CharlesL]
q+
14:48:47 [mike_beganyi]
janina: Lisa would be worth consulting with on this
14:48:50 [mike_beganyi]
janina: history goes back many years
14:50:46 [mike_beganyi]
Lionel_Wolberger: demonstration and implementation pages. other examples of wide review. clearly quite extensive
14:52:29 [CharlesL]
q?
14:52:51 [Lionel_Wolberger]
Here are the "Wide Review" sentences we just curated
14:52:55 [Lionel_Wolberger]
The history on WAI-Adapt goes back 15-20 years and is one of the most researched and inspected specifications in internet history.
14:53:23 [mike_beganyi]
CharlesL: I think we also presented in Lisbon as well as Lyons. I thought it was Lisbon we got the feedback at TAG about data dash.
14:53:32 [Lionel_Wolberger]
Requirements originated in the first ARIA standard, the list was then refined in COGA, Presented at TPAC Leons (2017) Applications Working Group, at TPAC Lisbon to TAG, TPAC 2021
14:53:32 [mike_beganyi]
janina: in hand with not being able to use AUI
14:53:42 [Lionel_Wolberger]
Also at CSUN 2022
14:53:47 [mike_beganyi]
janina: TAG has reviewed this. important point
14:53:47 [Lionel_Wolberger]
demonstration implementations (some funded by the EU) by Ayeleth Seeman and Matthew Atkinson have been demonstrated multiple times.
14:53:51 [Lionel_Wolberger]
The access-board.gov.il has agreed to doing a markup based on this content module.
14:53:52 [Roy]
TAG: https://github.com/w3ctag/design-reviews/issues/476
14:53:55 [mike_beganyi]
ack charles
14:55:01 [mike_beganyi]
janina: any features at risk? (last item on list). we do not have any. we have one that will require us to republish CR. as soon as it gets CR that's when I open git for permanent prefix
14:55:42 [Lionel_Wolberger]
rrsagent, make minutes
14:55:42 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate https://www.w3.org/2022/07/11-adapt-minutes.html Lionel_Wolberger
14:55:48 [CharlesL]
CharlesL has left #adapt
14:56:33 [mike_beganyi]
zakim, bye
14:56:33 [Zakim]
leaving. As of this point the attendees have been becky, CharlesL, Lionel_Wolberger, mike_beganyi, Roy, janina
14:56:33 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #adapt
15:21:08 [Roy]
Roy has joined #adapt