IRC log of i18n on 2021-11-11

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:47:24 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #i18n
14:47:24 [RRSAgent]
logging to https://www.w3.org/2021/11/11-i18n-irc
14:47:28 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #i18n
14:47:34 [addison]
trackbot, prepare teleconference
14:47:37 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
14:47:40 [trackbot]
Meeting: Internationalization Working Group Teleconference
14:47:40 [trackbot]
Date: 11 November 2021
14:47:46 [addison]
Chair: Addison Phillips
14:48:03 [addison]
Agenda: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2021Nov/0020.html
14:48:04 [agendabot]
clear agenda
14:48:04 [agendabot]
agenda+ Agenda Review
14:48:04 [agendabot]
agenda+ Action Items
14:48:04 [agendabot]
agenda+ Info Share
14:48:04 [agendabot]
agenda+ RADAR Review
14:48:06 [agendabot]
agenda+ TPAC Fallout
14:48:08 [agendabot]
agenda+ Close User-Timing HR issue
14:48:11 [agendabot]
agenda+ Security issues in bidi
14:48:13 [agendabot]
agenda+ AOB?
14:48:56 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate https://www.w3.org/2021/11/11-i18n-minutes.html addison
14:53:42 [addison]
present+
14:55:58 [xfq]
xfq has joined #i18n
14:58:20 [addison]
Regrets+ JcK, Fátima
14:58:30 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate https://www.w3.org/2021/11/11-i18n-minutes.html addison
14:58:36 [addison]
present+ Fuqiao
15:01:11 [addison]
present+ Atsushi
15:01:47 [addison]
present+ Richard
15:04:44 [xfq]
scribe: xfq
15:04:54 [addison]
zakim, take up agendum 1
15:04:54 [Zakim]
agendum 1 -- Agenda Review -- taken up [from agendabot]
15:05:21 [addison]
agenda+ EPUB
15:05:43 [addison]
agenda+ Manifests (miniapp, webapp)
15:05:54 [addison]
zakim, take up agendum 2
15:05:54 [Zakim]
agendum 2 -- Action Items -- taken up [from agendabot]
15:06:03 [addison]
https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open
15:07:16 [xfq]
addison: 1034, should we add that to the agenda?
15:07:18 [addison]
agenda+ awaiting comment resolution: how to handle
15:07:55 [addison]
action-1092?
15:07:55 [trackbot]
action-1092 -- Addison Phillips to File review approving payment request text plus personal comment on 'may' -- due 2021-11-11 -- OPEN
15:07:55 [trackbot]
https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/1092
15:07:59 [addison]
close action-1092
15:07:59 [trackbot]
Closed action-1092.
15:07:59 [xfq]
addison: did 1092
15:08:10 [Najib]
Najib has joined #i18n
15:08:19 [addison]
action-1094?
15:08:19 [trackbot]
action-1094 -- Addison Phillips to Start conversation with ecma-402 et al about webidl work -- due 2021-11-11 -- OPEN
15:08:19 [trackbot]
https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/1094
15:08:32 [xfq]
addison: did 1094
15:08:36 [xfq]
... sent an email
15:08:43 [xfq]
... need to follow up
15:08:58 [xfq]
... until they reply
15:08:59 [addison]
zakim, take up agendum 3
15:08:59 [Zakim]
agendum 3 -- Info Share -- taken up [from agendabot]
15:09:42 [addison]
xfq: process 2021, one thing plh mentioned is cleaning TR docs
15:10:14 [addison]
... there is a separate note track, should republish our WDs as DRAFT-NOTE
15:13:48 [xfq]
r12a: no need for an action item, we can do it when we @@
15:14:44 [xfq]
addison: what's the status of specdev? note or draft?
15:14:54 [xfq]
r12a: draft
15:15:14 [xfq]
scribe+ addison
15:15:29 [atsushi]
`DNOTE`
15:16:02 [addison]
zakim, take up agendum 4
15:16:02 [Zakim]
agendum 4 -- RADAR Review -- taken up [from agendabot]
15:16:11 [addison]
https://github.com/w3c/i18n-request/projects/1
15:16:30 [xfq]
addison: no incoming requests
15:16:53 [xfq]
... moving IFT to awaiting comment resolution
15:17:06 [addison]
agenda?
15:17:45 [addison]
zakim, take up agendum 6
15:17:45 [Zakim]
agendum 6 -- Close User-Timing HR issue -- taken up [from agendabot]
15:18:06 [addison]
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2021Nov/0016.html
15:18:37 [addison]
https://github.com/w3c/user-timing/issues/80
15:18:45 [addison]
https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/1392
15:19:07 [xfq]
atsushi: they updated the spec
15:19:15 [xfq]
... I think we can close this
15:19:25 [xfq]
addison: looks good to me
15:19:30 [xfq]
... any objection?
15:19:59 [xfq]
[silence]
15:20:11 [xfq]
addison: I'm going to move it to Completed
15:21:07 [xfq]
https://github.com/w3c/i18n-request/issues/156
15:21:51 [xfq]
xfq: ^ we moved Performance Timeline to Completed
15:21:57 [xfq]
... can we close this issue?
15:23:19 [xfq]
r12a: this should have been closed when we moved it to Completed
15:23:42 [xfq]
addison: i thought he was looking at the needs-resolution issues
15:23:51 [xfq]
r12a: I'll close it
15:24:20 [addison]
zakim, take up agendum 9
15:24:20 [Zakim]
agendum 9 -- EPUB -- taken up [from addison]
15:24:31 [xfq]
https://github.com/w3c/epub-specs/issues/1885
15:24:35 [xfq]
https://github.com/w3c/epub-specs/pull/1899/files
15:24:39 [addison]
xfq: raised an issue ^^
15:24:49 [addison]
... about their their file name restrictions
15:24:56 [addison]
... might prevent the use of emoji
15:24:57 [xfq]
https://pr-preview.s3.amazonaws.com/w3c/epub-specs/1899/da13601...d1c5ad3.html#sec-container-filenames
15:25:00 [addison]
... added some text
15:27:56 [xfq]
r12a: there's a whole bunch of variation selectors
15:28:12 [xfq]
addison: those are not super common used
15:28:39 [xfq]
r12a: Ideographic Variation Selectors
15:29:00 [xfq]
https://github.com/w3c/epub-specs/pull/1899
15:31:08 [xfq]
addison: i could make a case for almost all of them being a problem if you use it in a file name
15:31:46 [xfq]
... we have one block they've excluded because they though they used to be deprecated
15:32:36 [xfq]
... If there is a problem with the system, then we need to fix the reading system or operating system
15:33:19 [xfq]
r12a: language tags should be excluded
15:33:28 [xfq]
... there are also Ideographic Variation Selectors
15:36:50 [xfq]
addison: I just made a file that contains flag emoji and variation selectors
15:36:58 [xfq]
... at least on Windows there's no restrictions
15:39:49 [r12a]
https://r12a.github.io/uniview/?block=Tags
15:40:25 [r12a]
https://r12a.github.io/uniview/?block=Variation_selectors_supplement
15:41:28 [xfq]
addison: excluding unassigned characters with no block assignment is a no-no
15:41:57 [xfq]
... maybe exclude U+E0001 and U+E007F
15:42:07 [xfq]
... but i don't think file systems care about them
15:42:11 [xfq]
... they're just a bad idea
15:43:13 [JcK]
JcK has joined #i18n
15:43:24 [xfq]
xfq: I'll comment
15:43:39 [JcK]
present+
15:43:46 [addison]
zakim, take up agendum 11
15:43:46 [Zakim]
agendum 11 -- awaiting comment resolution: how to handle -- taken up [from addison]
15:44:31 [xfq]
addison: previously i've gone through the items awaiting comment resolution
15:44:53 [xfq]
... to see the open issues and made a list
15:45:14 [xfq]
... i feel that it's not effective process
15:45:33 [xfq]
r12a: partly because @@
15:45:44 [xfq]
addison: i can go back and redo it and make a list of issues
15:45:49 [xfq]
... will that be effective?
15:45:56 [r12a]
s/@@/we need advanced notice of what will be discussed during the telecon
15:46:12 [xfq]
... we would need to pre-read
15:46:57 [xfq]
... if i see items that can be closed, i'll close and send an email to the list
15:47:14 [xfq]
... assuming we go through and clean up our backlog
15:47:28 [xfq]
... how do we want to handle this going forward?
15:47:37 [xfq]
r12a: we had a shepherd
15:48:33 [xfq]
... i keep coming across issues you raised, addison, and i would need you to decide whether you're satisfied with that issue
15:49:12 [xfq]
addison: if the item has an owner then at least that owner can come and say can we close that issue
15:51:08 [xfq]
addison: a lot of them have owners
15:54:37 [xfq]
r12a: @@
15:55:22 [r12a]
https://w3c.github.io/i18n-activity/reviews/#
15:58:44 [addison]
action:richard: go through all issues that are needs-resolution and compare to awaiting comment resolution and create list of unassigned specs
15:59:02 [addison]
agenda?
16:00:00 [xfq]
addison: will reply to Wendy
16:00:49 [addison]
Topic: AOB?
16:02:19 [r12a]
action:richard to go through all issues that are needs-resolution and compare to awaiting comment resolution and create list of unassigned specs
16:02:37 [xfq]
action: r12a to go through all issues that are needs-resolution and compare to awaiting comment resolution and create list of unassigned specs
16:02:38 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-1095 - Go through all issues that are needs-resolution and compare to awaiting comment resolution and create list of unassigned specs [on Richard Ishida - due 2021-11-18].
16:03:15 [xfq]
RRSAgent, make minutes
16:03:15 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate https://www.w3.org/2021/11/11-i18n-minutes.html xfq
16:49:59 [addison]
zakim, bye
16:49:59 [Zakim]
leaving. As of this point the attendees have been addison, Fuqiao, Atsushi, Richard, JcK
16:49:59 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #i18n
18:51:55 [r12a]
r12a has joined #i18n