IRC log of wot on 2021-06-16

Timestamps are in UTC.

12:02:13 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wot
12:02:13 [RRSAgent]
logging to
12:02:22 [ktoumura]
ktoumura has joined #wot
12:02:26 [kaz]
meeting: WoT-IG/WG
12:02:38 [kaz]
chair: Sebastian/McCool
12:03:00 [kaz]
present+ Kaz_Ashimura, Michael_McCool, Ege_Korkan, Kunihiko_Toumura
12:03:09 [sebastian]
sebastian has joined #wot
12:03:10 [kaz]
present+ Michael_Lagally, Sebastian_Kaebisch
12:03:14 [mlagally]
mlagally has joined #wot
12:03:55 [Mizushima]
Mizushima has joined #wot
12:05:20 [McCool]
McCool has joined #wot
12:05:32 [kaz]
rrsagent, make log public
12:05:38 [kaz]
rrsagent, draft minutes
12:05:38 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate kaz
12:06:22 [Ege]
Ege has joined #wot
12:07:14 [Ege]
Topic: Agenda
12:07:20 [kaz]
present+ Tomoaki_Mizushima
12:07:21 [Ege]
sk: other points for the agenda?
12:07:47 [kaz]
12:07:51 [kaz]
-> Agenda
12:08:08 [kaz]
topic: Minutes
12:08:11 [kaz]
-> June-9
12:08:26 [kaz]
i/Topic:/scribenick: Ege/
12:08:54 [Ege]
Topic: Minutes Review
12:09:10 [kaz]
s/Topic: Minutes Review//
12:12:58 [Ege]
Topic: Charter Extension
12:13:11 [Ege]
sk: please review the proposed IG charter\
12:13:50 [mlagally]
12:14:37 [kaz]
12:14:40 [Ege]
.. we need to check the scope part especially
12:14:52 [Ege]
(sorry this is not extension, simpy new IG charter)
12:16:03 [kaz]
12:17:08 [sebastian]
12:17:41 [kaz]
s/sorry this/this/
12:18:18 [kaz]
i|please review|-> draft new IG Charter|
12:18:26 [Ege]
kaz could you take minutes for 5 minutes, I had an important phone call
12:19:01 [kaz]
sk: good to shape the content of the Charter
12:19:11 [kaz]
present+ Ryuichi_Matsukura
12:19:15 [kaz]
12:19:17 [kaz]
ack ml
12:19:20 [citrullin]
citrullin has joined #wot
12:19:26 [kaz]
... we should be realistic
12:20:40 [ryuichi]
ryuichi has joined #wot
12:20:48 [kaz]
kaz: note that this is an updated Charter for IG
12:20:59 [kaz]
... no normative deliverables at all
12:21:03 [sebastian]
ack m
12:21:07 [sebastian]
ack k
12:21:13 [kaz]
... can simply update the liaison list, etc.
12:21:27 [kaz]
i/good to/scribenick: kaz/
12:21:36 [kaz]
topic: Linked Data Signatures
12:21:54 [kaz]
sk: another proposed group on Linked Data Signature
12:22:02 [kaz]
... McCool is working on it
12:22:13 [kaz]
mm: revising the comments on the GH issue
12:22:45 [kaz]
-> McCool's issue 262
12:23:02 [kaz]
mm: issue on the timing of their spec generation
12:23:07 [kaz]
... related to our work
12:23:26 [kaz]
s/McCool's issue/Strategy issue/
12:23:53 [kaz]
mm: we need to proceed with something for a while
12:24:08 [kaz]
topic: Smart Cities Workshop
12:24:18 [kaz]
sk: 3 WoT-related submissions
12:24:27 [kaz]
... McCool, Andrea and Sebastian
12:25:02 [kaz]
... pre-recorded videos and live discussion (during the workshop)
12:25:11 [kaz]
... I'll provide it this week
12:25:34 [kaz]
kaz: so no recording session needed
12:25:56 [kaz]
sk: right
12:26:24 [kaz]
mm: Andrea and Sebastian, please upload your slides to the wot-marketing repo
12:26:26 [kaz]
sk: ok
12:28:00 [kaz]
topic: Voice Agent Interoperability Workshop
12:28:06 [kaz]
kaz: invited to the workshop yesterday
12:28:25 [kaz]
... discussion on interoperability for voice agents and device handling
12:28:35 [kaz]
... related to WoT and Smart Citeis discussion
12:28:45 [kaz]
mm: can we invite some of them to our meeting?
12:29:09 [kaz]
kaz: Debbie Dahl, the former MMI WG Chair, will join the Smart Cities Workshop
12:30:00 [kaz]
... and we can invite her to the vF2F meeting
12:30:16 [kaz]
mm: would be nice to invite her to the open day on 28th
12:30:19 [kaz]
kaz: ok
12:30:30 [kaz]
action: kaz to ask Debbie to join the open day on 28th
12:30:39 [kaz]
topic: Testfest
12:30:46 [kaz]
mm: not summarized yet
12:31:04 [kaz]
... we'll have the optional meeting on Friday, June 18
12:31:09 [kaz]
... to finalize the discussion
12:31:26 [kaz]
... wrap up the implementation report, etc.
12:31:42 [kaz]
... and will debrief to the group
12:32:14 [kaz]
... we can generate report with the help from Farshid, etc.
12:32:33 [kaz]
... testing plan is needed for our CR transitions
12:32:58 [kaz]
... would like to wrap-up the results by the end of Monday, June 21
12:33:06 [kaz]
sk: ok
12:33:20 [kaz]
topic: vF2F
12:33:34 [kaz]
->,_June_2021#Virtual_F2F vF2F wiki
12:33:52 [kaz]
sk: we've not finalized the agenda yet but did get topics to discuss
12:34:49 [kaz]
mm: June 21: testing
12:34:51 [mlagally_]
mlagally_ has joined #wot
12:34:52 [mlagally_]
12:34:58 [kaz]
... June 22 tbd
12:35:11 [kaz]
... June 23: Discovery
12:35:39 [kaz]
... June 28: Open Day
12:35:43 [kaz]
... June 30: TD
12:36:48 [kaz]
ml: June 29 for Architecture and Use Cases?
12:36:50 [kaz]
sk: ok
12:37:15 [kaz]
ml: June 22 for Profile
12:37:39 [Ege]
kaz I can take over the minutes now. Sorry that it took this long
12:38:18 [Ege]
mm: discovery is mostly good. I will present the spec
12:38:34 [kaz]
i/discovery/scribenick: Ege/
12:39:25 [kaz]
zakim, who is on the call?
12:39:25 [Zakim]
Present: Kaz_Ashimura, Michael_McCool, Ege_Korkan, Kunihiko_Toumura, Michael_Lagally, Sebastian_Kaebisch, Tomoaki_Mizushima, Ryuichi_Matsukura
12:40:37 [Ege]
sk: we can shorten the TD time
12:40:40 [Ege]
mm: testing as well
12:41:43 [Ege]
mm: just that for a 2h session we have generally 1h45
12:42:04 [Ege]
12:43:58 [sebastian]
12:44:04 [Ege]
Mikkel Haggren Brynildsen from the company Grundfos
12:44:27 [kaz]
s/kaz I can take over the minutes now. Sorry that it took this long//
12:44:46 [kaz]
s/kaz could you take minutes for 5 minutes, I had an important phone call//
12:44:53 [kaz]
rrsagent, draft minutes
12:44:53 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate kaz
12:46:04 [kaz]
s/Mikkel/Ege: would like to invite Mikkel/
12:46:48 [kaz]
ml: maybe we can invite them to the UC call?
12:46:53 [kaz]
ek: when?
12:47:00 [kaz]
ml: June 29
12:47:09 [kaz]
ek: maybe impossible
12:47:11 [Ege]
ek: it can be another use case call outside of VF2F
12:47:26 [kaz]
i/maybe we/scribenick: kaz/
12:47:33 [kaz]
i/it can be/scribenick: Ege/
12:47:35 [McCool]
12:47:39 [kaz]
rrsagent, draft minutes
12:47:39 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate kaz
12:47:52 [Ege]
12:48:11 [Ege]
Topic: Publication Planning
12:48:36 [kaz]
12:48:52 [Ege]
mm: we have to make another change before CR in the discovery spec
12:51:09 [Ege]
mm: we have many slots that are reserved for other SDOs
12:51:34 [Ege]
mm: mk will give a summary of the SDF work
12:51:44 [Ege]
... and sk will talk at the WISHI call about TMs
12:53:07 [kaz]
i/we have many/topic: Liaisons/
12:53:39 [kaz]
12:53:45 [kaz]
12:54:17 [Ege]
sk: I am also talking with Dave regarding eclass
12:55:18 [kaz]
ack k
12:55:26 [kaz]
ack mc
12:57:30 [Ege]
mm: we have to have better connection with connexxus
12:57:54 [sebastian]
ack m
12:57:57 [kaz]
12:57:57 [sebastian]
ack E
12:59:08 [kaz]
13:00:58 [Ege]
ek: I feel that we need to create custom examples for different people who likes WoT but needs more concrete/hands-on stuff to show to their communities
13:01:52 [Ege]
mm: I think we need better examples, tutorials, videos
13:02:09 [kaz]
ack k
13:02:11 [Ege]
sk: I have some budget and we can find someone (a professional) who does these
13:02:13 [kaz]
kaz: @@
13:02:18 [kaz]
s/kaz: @@/
13:03:10 [kaz]
i/I have/kaz: think we should think about this issue as an issue on missing guidelines for system integration or deployment. we can continue to work on that as part of the marketing work./
13:03:50 [kaz]
i/think we/scribenick: kaz/
13:04:06 [kaz]
i/have some/scribenick: Ege/
13:04:27 [kaz]
[main call adjourned; no Plugfest call today but additional Testfest call on Friday]
13:04:33 [kaz]
rrsagent, draft minutes
13:04:33 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate kaz
13:05:21 [ryuichi]
ryuichi has joined #wot
13:36:19 [kaz]
rrsagent, draft minutes
13:36:19 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate kaz
13:36:21 [kaz]
rrsagent, draft minutes
13:36:21 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate kaz
13:50:02 [dsr]
dsr has joined #wot
13:58:05 [dsr]
dsr has joined #wot
14:06:32 [Ege]
Ege has joined #wot
15:12:10 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #wot
15:26:40 [dsr]
dsr has joined #wot
16:06:39 [dsr]
dsr has joined #wot
16:24:50 [dsr]
dsr has joined #wot
16:50:27 [dsr]
dsr has joined #wot
17:07:04 [dsr]
dsr has joined #wot
17:24:30 [dsr]
dsr has joined #wot
18:07:11 [dsr]
dsr has joined #wot
18:24:49 [dsr]
dsr has joined #wot
18:42:36 [dsr]
dsr has joined #wot
19:15:25 [dsr]
dsr has joined #wot
19:31:23 [dsr]
dsr has joined #wot
19:50:47 [dsr]
dsr has joined #wot
21:02:23 [dsr]
dsr has joined #wot
23:04:49 [dsr]
dsr has joined #wot