IRC log of waicc on 2021-06-16

Timestamps are in UTC.

17:45:32 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #waicc
17:45:32 [RRSAgent]
logging to https://www.w3.org/2021/06/16-waicc-irc
17:45:34 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
17:45:34 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #waicc
17:45:36 [trackbot]
Meeting: WAI Coordination Call Teleconference
17:45:36 [trackbot]
Date: 16 June 2021
17:57:26 [jeanne]
jeanne has joined #waicc
17:57:39 [jeanne]
present+
17:58:10 [Judy]
agenda?
17:58:49 [Judy]
agenda+ Scribe, rrsagent, agenda check, confirming next meeting JUNE 16. (Please add your present+ to IRC)
17:58:49 [Judy]
agenda+ Publication announcements? Any new/upcoming documents? https://www.w3.org/WAI/cc/wiki/WAI_Announcement_Drafts
17:58:49 [Judy]
agenda+ Input from Chairs & Facilitators to upcoming extended WAI team meeting on WAI priorities, workflow, updating vision
17:58:50 [Judy]
agenda+ Newer Task Force Facilitators, checking on orientation
17:58:50 [Judy]
agenda+ Brief update on arranging training on deaf culture, colleagues, interpreters, etc https://dspa.org/workshops-classes/
17:58:52 [Judy]
agenda+ Continuing discussion on diversity within WAI: intersecting needs with older users
17:58:56 [Judy]
agenda+ AOB?
17:59:56 [brentb]
brentb has joined #waicc
18:00:39 [tzviya]
present+
18:01:06 [brentb]
present+
18:03:41 [Judy]
present+
18:04:34 [brentb]
Scribe: Brent
18:04:47 [janina]
janina has joined #waicc
18:04:50 [janina]
present+
18:05:44 [Judy]
zakim, take up next item
18:05:45 [Zakim]
agendum 1 -- Scribe, rrsagent, agenda check, confirming next meeting JUNE 16. (Please add your present+ to IRC) -- taken up [from Judy]
18:05:52 [Judy]
NEXT MEETING JUNE 30th
18:06:06 [brentb]
Judy: Any regrets?
18:06:19 [Judy]
Chris regrets for June 30th
18:06:33 [Judy]
zakim, take up next item
18:06:33 [Zakim]
agendum 1 was just opened, Judy
18:06:40 [Judy]
zakim, close item 1
18:06:40 [Zakim]
agendum 1, Scribe, rrsagent, agenda check, confirming next meeting JUNE 16. (Please add your present+ to IRC), closed
18:06:42 [Zakim]
I see 6 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
18:06:42 [Zakim]
2. Publication announcements? Any new/upcoming documents? https://www.w3.org/WAI/cc/wiki/WAI_Announcement_Drafts [from Judy]
18:06:44 [Judy]
zakim, take up next item
18:06:44 [Zakim]
agendum 2 -- Publication announcements? Any new/upcoming documents? https://www.w3.org/WAI/cc/wiki/WAI_Announcement_Drafts -- taken up [from Judy]
18:07:09 [brentb]
Judy: Are there any new or upcoming documents or announcements.
18:07:12 [tzviya]
q+
18:08:23 [brentb]
... Also, are any groups working on any new documents?
18:08:58 [brentb]
... Update on Silver around status?
18:09:56 [brentb]
Jeanne: A proposal for standardizing various maturity models across the industry. How to have a maturity model for addressing WCAG.
18:10:52 [brentb]
Judy: Is it a maturity model, or trying to standardize across models?
18:11:59 [brentb]
Jeanne: It is a maturity model, can work for WCAG 2 or WCAG 3. Thinking about publishing as a W3C Note.
18:12:04 [brentb]
Judy: Timeline?
18:12:30 [brentb]
Jeanne: Hope to introduce as part of the August Heartbeat, or maybe later.
18:13:06 [brentb]
Judy: Need to be thinking of the fit and resources around this.
18:13:28 [janina]
q+ re Synchronization
18:13:30 [tzviya]
https://w3c.github.io/epub-specs/reports/eu-a11y-mapping/
18:13:36 [brentb]
Tzviya: EPUB has not been adding documents / announcements to this. I will follow up on that.
18:14:55 [ChrisLoiselle]
EPUB Accessibility - EU Accessibility Act Mapping
18:15:30 [brentb]
... EPUB creating a working group Note. Tight timeline on this. Need to be sure other groups are aware.
18:15:50 [Judy]
[JB Hi Shawn please be aware of the document that Tzviya just added a link to above. Tzviya has said that she will make sure that someone from her group adds it to the announcement planning list.]
18:16:05 [brentb]
Judy: Timeline?
18:17:04 [brentb]
Tzviya: Believe June is apporximate timeline.
18:18:03 [brentb]
Judy: Timeline is too tight to accomplish in 10 days. Will follow-up with you, to take a look at it and help with process.
18:18:33 [Judy]
q?
18:18:37 [Judy]
ack tzv
18:18:38 [Judy]
ack jan
18:18:38 [Zakim]
janina, you wanted to discuss Synchronization
18:19:57 [brentb]
Janina: Our Task Force has been collecting data to move on a Note about media synchronization. Looking to push first published working draft by October - TPAC time.
18:20:29 [brentb]
Judy: Jeanne, would be good you are aware of this Note in terms of Silver (3.0).
18:21:13 [brentb]
Janina: Note will have more information on logistical numbers and other specs for media synchronization.
18:21:22 [Judy]
agenda?
18:21:38 [Judy]
zakim, take up next
18:21:38 [Zakim]
agendum 3 -- Input from Chairs & Facilitators to upcoming extended WAI team meeting on WAI priorities, workflow, updating vision -- taken up [from Judy]
18:22:21 [brentb]
Judy: This item is informational with an invitation to chairs and facilitators.
18:23:19 [janina]
q+ to note that the bots are still misbehaving re minutes
18:24:04 [brentb]
... Would like some input about the WAI team meeting. Are their other agenda items that we should be including in the meetings?
18:24:50 [Judy]
[INPUT to WAI EXT Meeting -- misbehaving bots. - Janina]
18:25:10 [Judy]
[INPUT to WAI EXT Meeting -- new W3C Statement, process missing, no HR. - Janina]
18:25:34 [jeanne]
jeanne has joined #waicc
18:25:57 [jeanne]
q+ to laugh and say that I wanted to bring up Maturity Model for the staff meeting
18:26:11 [brentb]
Janina: Topic of the New Process for Notes.
18:26:37 [Judy]
[INPUT to WAI EXT Meeting -- coordination of research areas; re-examining utility of APIs in coming period. - Janina]
18:27:24 [brentb]
Judy: Regarding bots, please email Ralph when the bots are not working correctly. Please do this real time if you can.
18:28:23 [brentb]
... When minutes are getting broken, the breakage needs to be communicated and documented so that it can be addressed.
18:29:30 [brentb]
Judy: Horizontal review issue. Please follow-up with me on which document didn't seem to have sufficient review so we can follow-up.
18:30:28 [brentb]
Judy: Re-examining utility of APIs. Can you look at the AOM in the next few weeks?
18:30:50 [brentb]
Janina: Can try by the 28th or the call after.
18:31:33 [brentb]
Jeanne: Wanted to bring up that the maturity model is something that the WAI staff could look at.
18:32:17 [brentb]
Judy: Other topics for the WAI team meeting?
18:33:09 [brentb]
Can't think of anything specific now. Will follow-up if something comes to mind.
18:33:16 [Judy]
zakim, take up next
18:33:16 [Zakim]
I see a speaker queue remaining and respectfully decline to close this agendum, Judy
18:33:18 [brentb]
Chris: Nothing at this moment
18:33:26 [Judy]
q?
18:33:30 [Judy]
ack j
18:33:30 [Zakim]
jeanne, you wanted to laugh and say that I wanted to bring up Maturity Model for the staff meeting
18:33:31 [Judy]
ack j
18:33:32 [Zakim]
janina, you wanted to note that the bots are still misbehaving re minutes
18:33:36 [Judy]
zakim, take up next
18:33:36 [Zakim]
agendum 4 -- Newer Task Force Facilitators, checking on orientation -- taken up [from Judy]
18:34:36 [brentb]
Judy: Across the WAI groups, we have several new task force facilitators. Are they receiving the orientation needed?
18:35:22 [Judy]
agenda?
18:35:44 [brentb]
Chris: From what I have access to, I have been working with Team contacts for most information needed. All in all nothing else is needed. Can't speak for other facilitator.
18:36:46 [brentb]
Judy: Jeanne, you mentioned that you thought you were not receiving system notices. Is that still the case?
18:36:55 [ChrisLoiselle]
I don't think I'm on the chairs list as well. At least I don't believe I am. Is there a particular alias I should be looking for?
18:37:08 [brentb]
Jeanne: Hard to say. I receive some notices, wouldn't know what I am missing.
18:37:56 [brentb]
Jeanne: Sometimes I don't know if notices are going to facilitators or to chairs.
18:38:46 [brentb]
Judy: Filed bug on improving system notices. [They] are working on some of this. I will add it back to action list to follow-up on.
18:38:48 [Judy]
agenda?
18:38:57 [Judy]
zakim, take up next
18:38:57 [Zakim]
agendum 5 -- Brief update on arranging training on deaf culture, colleagues, interpreters, etc https://dspa.org/workshops-classes/ -- taken up [from Judy]
18:40:12 [brentb]
Judy: Previously, there has been interest in this group around workshops / training around deaf culture, colleagues, interpreters, etc. Looking at when to schedule some of these workshops.
18:40:43 [Judy]
zakim, take up next
18:40:44 [Zakim]
agendum 6 -- Continuing discussion on diversity within WAI: intersecting needs with older users -- taken up [from Judy]
18:40:47 [brentb]
... Most workshops are U.S. centric and W3C is not. Asking them to internationalize them.
18:42:24 [tzviya]
q+
18:42:55 [brentb]
Tzviya: This is one way I get people to care about accessibility.
18:42:58 [Judy]
s/Most workshops/Most of the DSPA workshops/
18:43:21 [Judy]
ack tz
18:43:36 [Judy]
agenda?
18:44:01 [brentb]
... All features are usually useful to all people. Even though it helps the aging population, it will support all users.
18:45:55 [brentb]
Jeanne: The groups working on cognitive related guidelines work on addressing this. Things like consistant navigation, captchas, etc. It is important and hope it will continue to be a big part of WCAG 3
18:47:09 [kim_patch]
kim_patch has joined #waicc
18:47:20 [brentb]
... Not specifically addressing the elderly, it is more woven in. Not aware of any age related guidelines, but can address if it comes up.
18:47:22 [jeanne]
scribe: jeanne
18:47:25 [Judy]
[INPUT TO WAI EXT MTG -- age-related aspects of WAI guidelines]
18:48:46 [jeanne]
Brent: In all of our resources, we try to weave this in. We have personas. The WCAG Videos project, some of the people will be people with age-related issues.
18:49:23 [jeanne]
Judy: Are we apprroaching things in the same way, or are there other things we should coordinate?
18:49:38 [jeanne]
... Andrew Arch had done specific work in the past.
18:49:57 [ChrisLoiselle]
FYI I see https://www.w3.org/WAI/older-users/changelog/">https://www.w3.org/WAI/older-users/changelog/ , https://www.w3.org/WAI/older-users/developing/ and https://www.w3.org/WAI/older-users/ based off of https://www.w3.org/WAI/search/?q=age
18:51:01 [Judy]
jb: what about accessibility for kids -- early stages of trying to coordinate?
18:51:06 [brentb]
Jeanne: Someone active in the Silver TF was interested in digging into this, looking for more people who were interested.
18:51:29 [brentb]
... Asked her to look for user needs around this.
18:51:33 [Judy]
agenda?
18:52:51 [Judy]
zakim, take up next
18:52:51 [Zakim]
agendum 7 -- AOB? -- taken up [from Judy]
18:53:04 [brentb]
Tzviya: Curious about where this [kids with disabilities] is coming from, and why different than other people with disabilities.
18:53:15 [jeanne]
scribe:brentb
18:53:19 [brentb]
Judy: Assessment industry.
18:54:02 [brentb]
Judy: Chris, anything age related when it comes to low vision?
18:54:16 [brentb]
Chris: Yes working on adding in context.
18:54:52 [brentb]
Judy: Kim, Aged specific issues come up in mobile? Anything mapped directly to age specific content.
18:54:58 [brentb]
Kim: No, but noted.
18:55:28 [brentb]
Judy: Is there more specific messaging that should be added to WAI materials on this? If so bring it to my attention.
18:55:55 [Judy]
rrsagent, make minutes
18:55:55 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate https://www.w3.org/2021/06/16-waicc-minutes.html Judy
18:56:12 [ChrisLoiselle]
present+
18:56:32 [kim_patch]
present+
22:01:44 [jeanne]
jeanne has joined #waicc
22:22:50 [jeanne]
jeanne has joined #waicc