IRC log of apa on 2021-06-09

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:51:30 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #apa
15:51:30 [RRSAgent]
logging to https://www.w3.org/2021/06/09-apa-irc
15:51:32 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
15:51:35 [trackbot]
Meeting: Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference
15:51:35 [trackbot]
Date: 09 June 2021
15:51:35 [janina]
agenda?
15:51:42 [janina]
zakim, clear agenda
15:51:42 [Zakim]
agenda cleared
15:52:17 [janina]
Chair: Janina
15:52:17 [janina]
agenda+ Agenda Review & Announcements
15:52:17 [janina]
agenda+ TPAC Planning https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Meetings/TPAC_2021
15:52:17 [janina]
agenda+ Task Force Updates
15:52:17 [janina]
agenda+ FAST Progress
15:52:19 [janina]
agenda+ New Charters Review https://github.com/w3c/strategy/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22Horizontal+review+requested%22
15:52:22 [janina]
agenda+ Horizontal Review Issues Tracker https://w3c.github.io/horizontal-issue-tracker/?repo=w3c/a11y-review
15:52:25 [janina]
agenda+ new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html
15:52:28 [janina]
agenda+ Dangling Spec Review Cleanup: https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Category:Spec_Review_Assigned
15:52:31 [janina]
agenda+ Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/open
15:52:33 [janina]
agenda+ Other Business
15:52:38 [janina]
agenda+ be done
15:53:13 [janina]
Regrets: Amy, John, Ian
15:54:25 [janina]
present+
15:58:29 [Fazio]
Fazio has joined #apa
16:00:14 [Lionel_Wolberger]
Lionel_Wolberger has joined #apa
16:00:17 [Gottfried]
Gottfried has joined #apa
16:00:49 [paul_grenier]
present+
16:01:32 [becky]
becky has joined #apa
16:01:43 [becky]
present+
16:04:07 [becky]
scribe: becky
16:04:15 [Gottfried]
present+
16:04:24 [Lionel_Wolberger]
present+
16:04:44 [becky]
zakim, next item
16:04:44 [Zakim]
agendum 1 -- Agenda Review & Announcements -- taken up [from janina]
16:05:19 [becky]
Janina: stock agenda, hearing no additions
16:05:35 [Fredrik]
Fredrik has joined #apa
16:05:40 [Fredrik]
present+
16:06:03 [becky]
Gottfried: Accessible input methods for gaming master's thesis candidate is presenting on this on Friday, June 11 - free webinar
16:06:59 [Gottfried]
Free webinar on accessible hands-free input methods for a serious VR game on Fri at 3pm CET: https://digitalisierung.hdm-stuttgart.de/barrierefreiheit/2021/06/07/webinar-accessible-hands-free-input-methods-for-a-serious-vr-game/
16:07:00 [becky]
see details in apa mailing list: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2021Jun/0012.html
16:07:52 [becky]
Janina: definitely interest from RQTF with respect to XAUR
16:08:02 [paul_grenier]
q+
16:08:20 [becky]
Gottfried: looking into digital accessibility in learning environments in August in relation to VR
16:08:26 [Joshue108]
present+
16:08:31 [becky]
ack paul
16:09:07 [becky]
paul_grenier: asks about the video from previous presentation by one of Gottfried's students
16:09:24 [Fredrik]
q+
16:09:38 [becky]
Janina: we are making progress on posting the video, just need to get it stored in W3C space
16:10:12 [becky]
ack fre
16:10:31 [becky]
zakim, next item
16:10:31 [Zakim]
agendum 2 -- TPAC Planning https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Meetings/TPAC_2021 -- taken up [from janina]
16:11:31 [becky]
Janina: starting to figuring out other groups we want to meet with at TPAC - we need a specific topic
16:11:32 [becky]
https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Meetings/TPAC_2021#Groups_to_coordinate_with
16:12:11 [Fredrik]
q+
16:12:11 [becky]
Janina: please remember that TPAC is a great time to meet with other groups to share information and to get their engagement in promoting our notes and specifications
16:12:34 [becky]
ack Fredrik
16:12:52 [becky]
Fredrik: asks about how meetings work
16:13:29 [becky]
Janina: before COVID it was Face to face meetings; was virtual last year and will be again this year in October
16:14:48 [becky]
janina : 2 types of meetings - some with other working groups and also general meetings that W3C sponsors. Can have longer meetings concentrated on a specific subject that needs in-depth discussion (longer than a standard one hour meeting)
16:16:04 [becky]
janina: usually a 3 year cycle of meetings in europe, north america, asia locations
16:16:28 [becky]
zakim, next item
16:16:29 [Zakim]
agendum 3 -- Task Force Updates -- taken up [from janina]
16:17:11 [Fazio]
present+COGA is trying to lock down research methodology for mental health
16:17:12 [becky]
janina : RQTF is going crazy with many topics; making progress, and continue to have wider participation in the group - this is great!
16:17:20 [Fazio]
present+
16:17:39 [becky]
janina : still hoping to close xaur by the end of the month;
16:18:12 [becky]
janina : Pronunciation is waiting for additional feedback, deadline for feedback is next week; working on conference proposals
16:19:07 [becky]
janina : personalization making steady progress; Lionel_Wolberger has accepted position as co-facilitator with Sharon Snider, Lisa has stepped down
16:20:27 [becky]
Fazio : working on position paper and research about anonymized study as some people don't want to give up info
16:20:50 [becky]
Janina: suggests there is formal guidance on this within the US and folks on RQTF that might be able to help
16:22:28 [becky]
zakim, next item
16:22:28 [Zakim]
agendum 4 -- FAST Progress -- taken up [from janina]
16:23:52 [becky]
Joshue108 : There is a survey out for APA and silver participants; Please respond as soon as possible so we can start working on it right away
16:23:52 [becky]
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2021Jun/0009.html
16:24:14 [Gottfried]
Gottfried has joined #apa
16:24:21 [becky]
MichaelC: will be out for next few weeks, back on June 28
16:25:17 [becky]
Joshue108 : survey is open until June 30
16:25:56 [becky]
Janina: encourages everyone to participate in this survey, it will guide our work as well as silver and how guidelines are tested
16:26:39 [becky]
janina : it will help drive our horizontal reviews; we will likely follow the same procedure that internationalization uses - have groups complete a form to get started
16:27:22 [becky]
janina: will help drive getting instructions for groups to include accessibility within specifications
16:27:28 [becky]
zakim, next item
16:27:28 [Zakim]
agendum 5 -- New Charters Review https://github.com/w3c/strategy/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22Horizontal+review+requested%22 -- taken up [from janina]
16:28:53 [MichaelC]
https://w3c.github.io/charter-drafts/2021/svg.html
16:28:55 [becky]
MichaelC: SVG draft charter
16:29:32 [becky]
MichaelC : SVG 2 and SVG accessibility api mappings
16:29:53 [Lionel_Wolberger]
The last work on these API mappings, https://www.w3.org/TR/svg-aam-1.0/#:~:text=SVG%20Accessibility%20API%20Mappings%20(%20SVG,accessibility%20in%20their%20user%20agent.
16:30:12 [becky]
Janina: there are some api mappings - some confusion about who owns mapping - ARIA or SVG
16:31:01 [becky]
MichaelC: has a liaison statement with ARIA and API
16:31:31 [becky]
Janina: no issues
16:31:58 [becky]
zakim, next item
16:31:58 [Zakim]
agendum 6 -- Horizontal Review Issues Tracker https://w3c.github.io/horizontal-issue-tracker/?repo=w3c/a11y-review -- taken up [from janina]
16:33:08 [becky]
MichaelC : WebGPU - we talked about this last week; Phillippe suggests this is not an apa issue and advises closing
16:33:33 [becky]
Janina: group agrees to take Philippe's advice - close
16:33:39 [MichaelC]
https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5927
16:34:46 [becky]
MichaelC: APA is ok with the disposition but wants to see test results demonstrating keyboard accessible collapse / expand.
16:35:30 [MichaelC]
Issue closed but APA keeping the mirror one open, we want to see the test results before closing this.
16:37:03 [MichaelC]
https://github.com/w3c/miniapp/issues/166
16:37:04 [becky]
Topic: additional horizontal review items
16:37:56 [becky]
MichaelC: Mini apps wanted review of comment about exposing accessibility tree for mini apps
16:38:46 [becky]
Joshue108 : Roy and I are due to talk about mini apps next week so can take this up then
16:39:55 [becky]
janina: pronunciation is finding that expressing details of pronunciation may need to be incorporated in accessibility api - not the same issue but elevates the need for a11y api discussions
16:40:36 [MichaelC]
https://github.com/w3c/a11y-request/issues/7
16:40:44 [becky]
MichaelC : wide review requests from performance timeline
16:40:58 [becky]
MichaelC : we did look at the spec and decided not to review
16:41:18 [Fredrik]
q+
16:41:25 [becky]
janina: this is a spec that collects data on how well applications are performing
16:41:29 [becky]
ack Fredrik
16:42:33 [becky]
Fredrik : perhaps should consider that AT can have an impact on performance
16:44:06 [becky]
Fredrik : as academic would like to see whether or not AT was in use should be part of the data but that brings up data privacy issues
16:44:32 [MichaelC]
https://w3c.github.io/performance-timeline/
16:45:18 [Fredrik]
q+
16:45:52 [becky]
ack Fredrik
16:45:54 [Lionel_Wolberger]
q+
16:46:17 [becky]
ACTION: Fredrik to review the Performance timeline https://w3c.github.io/performance-timeline/
16:46:21 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-2293 - Review the performance timeline https://w3c.github.io/performance-timeline/ [on Fredrik Fischer - due 2021-06-16].
16:46:35 [Fredrik]
Concernsus, perhaps?
16:47:10 [becky]
Lionel_Wolberger : is there a worst case example of how info about AT use affects privacy
16:47:52 [becky]
janina: provides example
16:48:05 [MichaelC]
https://github.com/w3c/a11y-request/issues/6
16:48:06 [becky]
MichaelC : CSS counter styles
16:48:12 [MichaelC]
https://drafts.csswg.org/css-counter-styles-3/#changes-2017
16:48:18 [MichaelC]
https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/CSS_Counter_Styles_Level_3
16:48:38 [becky]
MichaelC : requesting a review of this draft; we are actively reviewing
16:49:03 [becky]
janina: suggest assigning to Amy; Lisa Seeman also had interest several years ago
16:50:19 [becky]
zakim, next item
16:50:19 [Zakim]
I see a speaker queue remaining and respectfully decline to close this agendum, becky
16:50:26 [becky]
ack Lionel_Wolberger
16:50:31 [becky]
zakim, next item
16:50:32 [Zakim]
agendum 7 -- new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html -- taken up [from janina]
16:50:39 [MichaelC]
-> https://www.w3.org/TR/2021/NOTE-audio-eq-cookbook-20210608/ Audio EQ Cookbook
16:50:58 [becky]
MichaelC : audio EQ cookbook
16:52:01 [becky]
MichaelC : this is a note that was published without review- is adapted with permission from a published text
16:52:26 [becky]
janina: this was discussed at RQTF there is a concern about triggering seizures
16:53:11 [becky]
Janina: need to raise concern that a note was published without APA horizontal review
16:53:52 [becky]
Janina: there is a concern about visual stroking triggers that may also exist in audio
16:54:21 [becky]
rrsagent, make minutes
16:54:21 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate https://www.w3.org/2021/06/09-apa-minutes.html becky
16:54:27 [becky]
zakim, next item
16:54:27 [Zakim]
agendum 8 -- Dangling Spec Review Cleanup: https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Category:Spec_Review_Assigned -- taken up [from janina]
16:54:56 [MichaelC]
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2021Apr/0013.html
16:54:58 [becky]
MichaelC : permission policy is still dangling - believe we had several comments
16:56:15 [becky]
MichaelC : spec deals with what content features should be allowed within the browsers;
16:56:45 [becky]
MichaelC : if we have concerns we need to provide a specific accessibility example
16:57:21 [becky]
MichaelC : I understand that this mostly a security issue
16:57:52 [becky]
becky: believe that others in this group were also looking into this, perhaps JF?
16:58:01 [becky]
Janina: believe we have use cases
16:58:13 [Lionel_Wolberger]
+1 to making auto-play of audio "defeatable"
16:59:00 [becky]
Lionel_Wolberger : reviewed media stream content hints; spec offers api to hint to user agent on what to expect from the media track
16:59:05 [becky]
janina: needs more time
16:59:37 [becky]
Lionel_Wolberger : please review comment on list
16:59:38 [becky]
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2021Jun/0001.html
17:00:36 [becky]
Lionel_Wolberger : choices between video getting blurry or skip frames when "gets behind". there are certainly accessibility concerns
17:00:51 [becky]
rrsagent, make minutes
17:00:51 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate https://www.w3.org/2021/06/09-apa-minutes.html becky
17:01:09 [becky]
zakim, clear agenda
17:01:09 [Zakim]
agenda cleared
17:01:41 [becky]
zakim, end meeting
17:01:41 [Zakim]
As of this point the attendees have been becky, paul_grenier, Fazio, Lionel_Wolberger, JF, janina, Fredrik, amy_c, joconnor, JonnyJames, stevelee, Gottfried, Joshue, COGA, is,
17:01:44 [Zakim]
... trying, to, lock, down, research, methodology, for, mental, health
17:01:44 [Zakim]
RRSAgent, please draft minutes
17:01:44 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate https://www.w3.org/2021/06/09-apa-minutes.html Zakim
17:01:46 [Zakim]
I am happy to have been of service, becky; please remember to excuse RRSAgent. Goodbye
17:01:51 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #apa
17:02:09 [becky]
rrsagent, bye
17:02:09 [RRSAgent]
I see 1 open action item saved in https://www.w3.org/2021/06/09-apa-actions.rdf :
17:02:09 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Fredrik to review the Performance timeline https://w3c.github.io/performance-timeline/ [1]
17:02:09 [RRSAgent]
recorded in https://www.w3.org/2021/06/09-apa-irc#T16-46-17