IRC log of wot on 2021-06-02

Timestamps are in UTC.

12:05:56 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wot
12:05:56 [RRSAgent]
logging to https://www.w3.org/2021/06/02-wot-irc
12:06:08 [McCool]
McCool has joined #wot
12:06:08 [kaz]
meeting: WoT-IG/WG
12:06:49 [kaz]
present+ Kaz_Ashimura, Michael_McCool, Kunihiko_Toumura, Michael_Koster, Tomoaki_Mizushima
12:09:13 [kaz]
present+ Ege_Korkan
12:10:12 [mjk]
mjk has joined #wot
12:10:29 [kaz]
present+ Tetsushi_Matsuda
12:10:41 [kaz]
scribenick: mjk
12:11:05 [mjk]
topic: minutes review
12:11:22 [matsuda]
matsuda has joined #wot
12:12:28 [mjk]
mm: created a presentation for marketing, waiting for review
12:14:10 [mjk]
mm: any objections to publish?
12:14:25 [mjk]
mm: no objections
12:14:34 [mjk]
topic: quick updates:
12:14:54 [mjk]
mm: charter expires at the end of June, need to recharter
12:15:23 [mjk]
mm: added a 15 inute slot to the F2F for charter resolution
12:15:30 [mjk]
s/inute/minute
12:16:42 [mjk]
mm: has a signing PR based on XML, still need to align with Linked Data Signatures
12:17:05 [zkis]
zkis has joined #wot
12:17:24 [mjk]
mm: Smart CIty WS on June 25th, mm prepared a presentation and updated based on feedback
12:18:14 [mjk]
mm: (review presentation briefly)
12:18:36 [mjk]
... expecting 2 more presentations from Andrea and Sebastian
12:20:22 [mjk]
mm: testfest/plugfest call today, event starts next week and funs through the 18th
12:20:41 [mjk]
... the goal is to get to a draft implementation report
12:21:43 [mjk]
mm: meetings will be cancelled next week except the Main call and Discovery
12:21:52 [kaz]
rrsagent, make log public
12:21:56 [kaz]
rrsagent, draft minutes
12:21:56 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate https://www.w3.org/2021/06/02-wot-minutes.html kaz
12:23:10 [mjk]
mm: F2F June 21-30
12:23:23 [mjk]
... we are collecting topics
12:23:34 [kaz]
i|created a presen|-> https://www.w3.org/2021/05/26-wot-minutes.html May-26|
12:23:43 [kaz]
s/CIty/City/
12:23:56 [mjk]
... would like a report out from IETF/T2TRG
12:24:08 [mjk]
... also OneDM and ITU-T
12:24:26 [mjk]
... and OPC-UA
12:24:48 [mjk]
kaz: will check with Echonet
12:25:05 [mjk]
mm: IEC/ISO Common Data Dictionary
12:25:06 [kaz]
rrsagent, draft minutes
12:25:06 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate https://www.w3.org/2021/06/02-wot-minutes.html kaz
12:26:12 [mjk]
mm: are there any more major agenda topics?
12:26:31 [kaz]
Chair: McCool
12:26:46 [mjk]
mm: any other F2F discussion?
12:27:43 [kaz]
i|charter expires at|subtopic: Charter extension|
12:28:08 [mjk]
mm: check the Wiki for schedule and webex coordinates for the plugfest and F2F
12:28:25 [mjk]
topic: publication status
12:28:54 [mjk]
kaz: there is only one issue and MM has provided a PR and upudate
12:29:09 [kaz]
s/issue/issue with Change logs/
12:30:03 [kaz]
i|has a signing|subtopic: LD Signatures|
12:30:17 [mjk]
mm: review the changes, which consist of adding a changelog and fixed a reference to the wot-discovery document
12:30:19 [kaz]
i|Smart City WS on|subtopic: Smart Cities WS|
12:31:04 [mjk]
mm: Any TD issues?
12:31:20 [mjk]
kaz: publication should be tomorrow
12:31:38 [mjk]
kaz: has already updated with MM changes
12:31:56 [mjk]
topic: Liaisons
12:32:09 [mjk]
mm: have we heard from ITU-T?
12:32:37 [mjk]
mm: will check the minutes and review the discussion
12:33:01 [mjk]
mm: Echonet updates?
12:33:08 [mjk]
kaz: no updates yet
12:33:55 [mjk]
mm: we planned to invite Echonet to the plugfest and F2F
12:35:16 [dezell]
dezell has joined #wot
12:35:25 [dezell]
present+ David_Ezell
12:36:28 [mjk]
matsukura-san: not sure if Echonet will participate this time, they are starting the use case discussion
12:36:41 [kaz]
rrsagent, draft minutes
12:36:41 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate https://www.w3.org/2021/06/02-wot-minutes.html kaz
12:36:53 [mjk]
mm: will follow up and check status next week
12:38:29 [mjk]
mm: IETF updates, T2TRG on June 21, WISHI call on June 7th, IETF 101 conflicts with F2F but no overlap
12:38:47 [mjk]
mm: the IETF Hackathon does conflict on some days
12:39:14 [mjk]
s/June 7/June 17
12:39:29 [mjk]
s/101/111
12:40:44 [mjk]
mm: will inform IETF about conflicts
12:41:10 [mjk]
mjk: there may be an SDF working session on the processing model at the IETF 111 Hackathon
12:41:17 [matsuda]
s/matsukura-san/matsuda/
12:41:36 [mjk]
(thanks!)
12:44:35 [mjk]
mjk: asdf interim today, a common topic may be extension schema mechanism
12:45:05 [mjk]
mm: let's collaborate on extensions, we have a directory use case in WoT
12:45:49 [mjk]
mm: Andrea has submitted a paper on WoT Discovery
12:45:56 [mjk]
topic: TF report out
12:46:33 [kaz]
i|testfest/plugfest call|subtopic: Testfest/Plugfest|
12:46:51 [mjk]
mm: security went over the signing proposal, reviewed signing algorithms, suggested 3 curves
12:46:59 [kaz]
rrsagent, draft minutes
12:46:59 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate https://www.w3.org/2021/06/02-wot-minutes.html kaz
12:47:31 [mjk]
mm: security experts call out short term and long term signatures, and the 256 length curves are only for short term
12:47:50 [citrullin]
citrullin has joined #wot
12:47:51 [mjk]
mm: 512 length is needed for long term protection
12:48:15 [mjk]
mm: decided to add the 512 length curves
12:48:51 [mjk]
mm: there is a general opinion that the 384 length curves are not useful for either class of use case
12:48:51 [kaz]
s/with MM changes/with MM changes for WoT Discovery. so will publish it today./
12:49:40 [mjk]
mm: question about whether to use newer curves or stick with JWS
12:50:26 [mjk]
mm: discovery had a discussion about the refactoring work, accepted Ben's PR
12:51:26 [mjk]
mm: still have a question whether TM is included as normative or informative
12:52:22 [mjk]
... discovery is behind schedule
12:52:48 [mjk]
... not ready to enter the 2 week review
12:53:34 [mjk]
ege: marketing discussed the workshops, reviewed MM presentation draft, tweeted about the testfest
12:53:59 [Ege]
Ege has joined #wot
12:54:09 [mjk]
... Note that the deadline for the API conference is coming up, can we review the proposals?
12:54:43 [mjk]
... issue #163
12:55:29 [mjk]
mm: we need to mention thingmodel by name in the abstract
12:55:42 [mjk]
mm: looks good, any other comments?
12:56:24 [mjk]
mm: there is a Directory API and a discovery process, but not a "DIscovery API"
12:56:48 [mjk]
ege: will update with the new PR references before submitting
12:57:17 [kaz]
i|we need to mention|-> https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/issues/163 wot-marketing issue 163 - API Specification Conference 2021|
12:57:38 [mjk]
mm: no objections, go ahead and submit them after the updates
12:57:57 [kaz]
q+ to mention wot-discovery has been published at: https://www.w3.org/TR/2021/WD-wot-discovery-20210602/
12:58:56 [mjk]
kaz: calls cancelled tomorrow (Thursday) due to the holiday
12:59:04 [kaz]
q?
12:59:18 [kaz]
ack k
12:59:18 [Zakim]
kaz, you wanted to mention wot-discovery has been published at: https://www.w3.org/TR/2021/WD-wot-discovery-20210602/
12:59:38 [mjk]
kaz: discovery is now published
13:00:07 [kaz]
[main call adjourned; Testfest call in 5mins]
13:00:11 [mjk]
mm: adjourn, 5 minute break to testfest
13:00:17 [kaz]
s/[main call adjourned; Testfest call in 5mins]//
13:00:27 [kaz]
rrsagent, draft minutes
13:00:27 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate https://www.w3.org/2021/06/02-wot-minutes.html kaz
13:53:25 [Mizushima]
Mizushima has left #wot
14:12:53 [zkis]
zkis has joined #wot
14:12:55 [dsr]
dsr has joined #wot
15:21:38 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #wot
16:11:11 [dsr]
dsr has joined #wot
16:35:39 [dsr]
dsr has joined #wot
16:56:06 [dsr]
dsr has joined #wot
17:32:06 [kaz]
kaz has joined #wot
17:37:14 [dsr]
dsr has joined #wot
18:39:39 [dsr]
dsr has joined #wot
19:13:04 [dsr]
dsr has joined #wot
19:42:39 [dsr]
dsr has joined #wot
20:14:40 [dsr]
dsr has joined #wot
20:43:43 [dsr]
dsr has joined #wot
21:00:58 [dsr]
dsr has joined #wot
21:46:22 [dsr]
dsr has joined #wot
23:47:25 [dsr]
dsr has joined #wot