IRC log of apa on 2021-06-02

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:58:49 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #apa
15:58:49 [RRSAgent]
logging to
15:58:51 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
15:58:51 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #apa
15:58:53 [trackbot]
Meeting: Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference
15:58:53 [trackbot]
Date: 02 June 2021
15:59:06 [becky]
15:59:15 [becky]
15:59:15 [becky]
agenda+ Agenda Review & Announcements;
15:59:15 [becky]
agenda+ TPAC Planning
15:59:15 [becky]
agenda+ Task Force Updates;
15:59:16 [becky]
agenda+ FAST Progress
15:59:16 [becky]
agenda+ New Charters Review
15:59:17 [becky]
agenda+Horizontal Review Issues Tracker
15:59:17 [becky]
agenda+ new on TR
15:59:17 [becky]
agenda+ CSS Update (Amy)
15:59:17 [becky]
agenda+Dangling Spec Review Cleanup:
15:59:19 [becky]
agenda+ Actions Checkin (Specs)
15:59:19 [becky]
agenda+ Other Business
15:59:19 [becky]
agenda+ be done
15:59:25 [becky]
15:59:36 [becky]
15:59:41 [becky]
chair: Becky
16:00:19 [Fazio]
Fazio has joined #apa
16:00:40 [paul_grenier]
16:00:41 [Fazio]
16:01:09 [JF]
JF has joined #apa
16:01:14 [JF]
16:01:20 [Lionel_Wolberger]
16:01:27 [JF]
16:01:32 [janina]
16:01:39 [Fredrik]
Fredrik has joined #apa
16:01:40 [amy_c]
amy_c has joined #apa
16:01:44 [Fredrik]
16:01:45 [amy_c]
16:02:11 [paul_grenier]
scribe: paul_grenier
16:02:15 [paul_grenier]
zakim, who is here?
16:02:15 [Zakim]
Present: becky, paul_grenier, Fazio, Lionel_Wolberger, JF, janina, Fredrik, amy_c
16:02:18 [Zakim]
On IRC I see amy_c, Fredrik, JF, Fazio, Zakim, RRSAgent, becky, Lionel_Wolberger, stevelee, paul_grenier, jamesn, jasonjgw, janina, ZoeBijl, Rachael, tink, slightlyoff, manu, ada,
16:02:18 [Zakim]
... MichaelC, trackbot
16:02:28 [paul_grenier]
zakim, next item
16:02:29 [Zakim]
agendum 1 -- Agenda Review & Announcements; -- taken up [from becky]
16:03:41 [paul_grenier]
zakim, next item
16:03:41 [Zakim]
agendum 2 -- TPAC Planning -- taken up [from becky]
16:04:09 [becky]
16:04:10 [paul_grenier]
becky: hopefully your WG meetings has started to discuss TPAC meetings
16:04:12 [joconnor]
joconnor has joined #apa
16:04:18 [janina]
16:04:23 [joconnor]
16:05:04 [paul_grenier]
becky: the sooner the better as it helps with planning and arranging meetings with groups that should meet. Are there any teams APA should consider meeting?
16:05:49 [paul_grenier]
becky: TPAC is virtual again this year
16:05:56 [paul_grenier]
zakim, next item
16:05:56 [Zakim]
agendum 3 -- Task Force Updates; -- taken up [from becky]
16:06:16 [paul_grenier]
becky: Personalization didn't meet this week
16:06:59 [paul_grenier]
janina: synchronization requirements rejected SAUR acronym
16:07:38 [Gottfried]
Gottfried has joined #apa
16:07:47 [paul_grenier]
janina: research questions has been looking into the literature for tolerances between types of media. It's going to be helpful to several groups.
16:09:05 [paul_grenier]
janina: pronunciation has a presentation accepted for Denver and we're getting some comments, looking for more reviews
16:09:13 [Lionel_Wolberger]
Lionel very eager to read that research that Janina mentioned
16:09:24 [joconnor]
16:09:28 [joconnor]
ack me
16:10:04 [joconnor]
s/synchronization requirements rejected SAUR acronym/synchronization accepts rejected SAUR acronym
16:10:36 [joconnor]
Here is the initial request
16:11:24 [JonnyJames]
JonnyJames has joined #apa
16:11:29 [JonnyJames]
16:12:14 [paul_grenier]
Fazio: we're looking at the COGA requirements and we see cases for COGA benefits as well that aren't mentioned, should we call that out
16:12:31 [paul_grenier]
joconnor: we encourage the feedback, looking forward to it
16:12:35 [paul_grenier]
zakim, next item
16:12:35 [Zakim]
agendum 4 -- FAST Progress -- taken up [from becky]
16:13:00 [joconnor]
s/synchronization accepts rejected SAUR acronym/synchronization accepts SAUR acronym
16:13:22 [paul_grenier]
MichaelC: the list of needs it ready for survey
16:13:43 [paul_grenier]
MichaelC: next up is the checklist
16:14:22 [paul_grenier]
MichaelC: members of AG are helping
16:14:23 [paul_grenier]
zakim, next item
16:14:23 [Zakim]
agendum 5 -- New Charters Review -- taken up [from becky]
16:14:36 [paul_grenier]
MichaelC: no new charters
16:14:58 [paul_grenier]
janina: I need to bring up the devices and sensors charter
16:15:08 [paul_grenier]
MichaelC: RQTF was going to get back on that
16:15:41 [paul_grenier]
janina: we have a concern in the new deliverables, an API for contact info, we need to make sure they get the UI right for accessibility
16:16:34 [paul_grenier]
MichaelC: the contact picker API does seem to be out of scope, we could comment that
16:17:11 [paul_grenier]
MichaelC: it may be better as part of web platform and needs more accessibility review
16:17:49 [paul_grenier]
janina: we could mention it, it would trigger a need for a liason to APA
16:18:43 [becky]
16:18:55 [paul_grenier]
Lionel_Wolberger: the API doesn't seem to require a UI on first reading
16:19:57 [paul_grenier]
Lionel_Wolberger: they say it plays a role in social graphs
16:20:25 [paul_grenier]
becky: we're trying to understand the relationship to device/sensor
16:20:48 [paul_grenier]
MichaelC: contacts is a software feature and therefore I believe belongs in web platform
16:22:06 [paul_grenier]
Lionel_Wolberger: the examples point to data use only
16:22:22 [paul_grenier]
MichaelC: *reads draft statement*
16:23:09 [Lionel_Wolberger]
16:23:21 [paul_grenier]
becky: any objections?
16:24:28 [paul_grenier]
zakim, next item
16:24:28 [Zakim]
agendum 6 -- Horizontal Review Issues Tracker -- taken up [from becky]
16:24:53 [MichaelC]
In APA review, the group wonders if the Contact Picker API is in scope of the WG, which otherwise focuses on APIs for specific hardware features. It seems that API might be more suited to the Web Platform Working Group (or whatever it is currently named). APA thinks this API would have more user interface implication than the other APIs. If this is in the charter, API requests to be included as a liaison in section 4.1, with text like "Coordinate on
16:24:53 [MichaelC]
accessibility of user interface features implied by the APIs".
16:26:16 [MichaelC]
16:27:54 [paul_grenier]
MichaelC: we can track and put in a pointer to the new wcag 3 color contrast ratios
16:28:42 [MichaelC]
16:29:01 [MichaelC]
16:29:37 [paul_grenier]
becky: we can sign off
16:30:10 [MichaelC]
16:31:02 [Lionel_Wolberger]
Lionel_Wolberger has joined #apa
16:31:53 [paul_grenier]
we can close our issue, theirs is already closed
16:32:25 [MichaelC]
16:32:59 [paul_grenier]
MichaelC: horizontal review request
16:33:28 [MichaelC]
16:35:00 [paul_grenier]
MichaelC: no comment on either
16:35:03 [paul_grenier]
zakim, next item
16:35:03 [Zakim]
agendum 7 -- new on TR -- taken up [from becky]
16:35:38 [MichaelC]
-> Web of Things (WoT) Discovery
16:37:08 [Fredrik]
Seconding Paul!
16:38:29 [paul_grenier]
sure I'll review this for accessibility considerations
16:39:25 [paul_grenier]
zakim, next item
16:39:25 [Zakim]
agendum 8 -- CSS Update (Amy) -- taken up [from becky]
16:39:45 [amy_c]
16:39:58 [amy_c]
16:40:18 [paul_grenier]
amy_c: this was already reviewed in January, I didn't find any issues
16:42:10 [amy_c]
16:43:06 [paul_grenier]
amy_c: we commented about font icons should have alt text, they changed to "should" language with an example of the printer character
16:48:14 [Garth]
Garth has joined #apa
16:52:42 [JF]
16:53:03 [becky]
ack jf
16:53:23 [paul_grenier]
there's a preference order of these techniques, I'd like to see that in the description
16:54:49 [paul_grenier]
amy_c: we can collaborate on the response (with Paul G)
16:55:06 [paul_grenier]
zakim, next item
16:55:06 [Zakim]
agendum 9 -- Dangling Spec Review Cleanup: -- taken up [from becky]
16:56:21 [paul_grenier]
janina: I thought was Lionel_Wolberger was doing is right on. There's a little bit of terminology clash between the way we talk about audio descriptions in the MAUR. I'd want to suggest we update that. I can send you the info.
16:56:47 [joconnor]
16:56:50 [joconnor]
16:56:54 [joconnor]
ack me
16:57:16 [joconnor]
WebXr Layer
16:59:24 [joconnor]
17:00:20 [paul_grenier]
joconnor: there are so many components and parts of the stack and I suggest if we have any concerns we should be tracking it
17:00:48 [paul_grenier]
RRSAgent, make logs public
17:00:52 [paul_grenier]
RRSAgent, make minutes
17:00:52 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate paul_grenier
17:01:20 [Fredrik]
Thanks for a good meeting! Have a good week!
17:54:44 [stevelee]
stevelee has joined #apa
18:06:08 [becky]
becky has joined #apa
18:39:03 [stevelee]