IRC log of wot on 2021-05-26

Timestamps are in UTC.

12:01:50 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wot
12:01:50 [RRSAgent]
logging to
12:01:55 [kaz]
meeting: WoT-IG/WG
12:02:06 [ktoumura]
ktoumura has joined #wot
12:02:10 [McCool]
McCool has joined #wot
12:02:21 [kaz]
present+ Kaz_Ashimura, Andrea_Cimmino, Ege_Korkan, Daniel_Peintner, Kuniiko_Toumura, Michal_McCool
12:02:23 [dape]
dape has joined #wot
12:03:29 [sebastian]
sebastian has joined #wot
12:04:09 [Mizushima]
Mizushima has joined #wot
12:04:37 [kaz]
scribenick: McCool
12:05:09 [McCool]
12:05:24 [McCool]
seb: seems to be no guests today
12:05:36 [McCool]
topic: invited expert application
12:05:52 [cris]
cris has joined #wot
12:06:05 [kaz]
present+ Cristiano_Aguzzi, Tomoaki_Mizushima
12:06:09 [McCool]
seb: thomas jaekle, replacing kevin otolo
12:06:21 [kaz]
present+ Sebastian_Kaebisch
12:06:37 [McCool]
... bosch io, to continue work on model implementation and products
12:06:41 [kaz]
i/seems/topic: guests/
12:06:52 [kaz]
rrsagent, make log public
12:07:02 [kaz]
rrsagent, draft minutes
12:07:02 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate kaz
12:07:53 [McCool]
mm: this is fine, but application needs to be updated to document bosch io affiliation
12:08:15 [McCool]
kaz: we can accept, he can try to update, if there is a problem, we can ask w3m to contact him
12:08:22 [McCool]
topic: prev minutes
12:08:31 [McCool]
12:09:35 [McCool]
seb: signatures, update on that today; updates on smart cities (discussed in marketing, more today); testfest and f2f planning; publications;
12:10:02 [McCool]
... resolutions taken on some last-minute (informative) updates to the TD draft
12:10:21 [McCool]
... change log and abstract
12:10:29 [ryuichi]
ryuichi has joined #wot
12:10:31 [McCool]
... then a resolution to publish the updated version
12:11:02 [McCool]
... use case doc publication still in process; liaison discussion; quick TF updates
12:11:19 [McCool]
seb: any updates needed to the minutes?
12:11:43 [McCool]
seb: hearing no objections, these will be published
12:11:50 [McCool]
topic: quick updates
12:12:06 [McCool]
seb: first, our IG charter runs out June 30, need to recharter
12:12:23 [McCool]
... so we will do an extension for 3mos, will prepare a new charter
12:13:35 [kaz]
present+ Michael_Koster, Ryuichi_Matsukura
12:14:39 [McCool]
mm: note that draft will be here:
12:15:53 [dezell]
dezell has joined #wot
12:16:06 [dezell]
present+ David_Ezell
12:16:50 [McCool]
seb: also, signatures
12:17:04 [McCool]
mm: yes, based on XML signatures and JSON processing
12:17:15 [McCool]
... in the long run, I think this can be complementary to LDS
12:17:24 [matsuda]
matsuda has joined #wot
12:17:25 [McCool]
topic: smart cities
12:17:27 [kaz]
present+ Tetsushi_Matsuda
12:17:32 [kaz]
rrsagent, make log public
12:17:36 [kaz]
rrsagent, draft minutes
12:17:36 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate kaz
12:18:01 [McCool]
seb: three pres, but only 5m each, want to avoid redundancy
12:18:56 [McCool]
mm: note in particular that I will cover the basics, others can address extensions and applications
12:19:12 [McCool]
... we can review drafts in the marketing call next week
12:19:49 [McCool]
andrea: will look at how these technologies can be applied to communities, incl. hybrid (rural/urban)
12:19:49 [kaz]
12:20:09 [McCool]
seb: we will be talking about tooling
12:22:14 [McCool]
andrea: I also want to mention we plan to talk about discovery in an upcoming conference
12:23:19 [kaz]
ack k
12:23:29 [kaz]
Chair: Sebastian/McCool
12:23:34 [McCool]
topic: testfest
12:24:05 [kaz]
->,_June_2021#Testfest Testfest wiki
12:24:44 [McCool]
mm: we should talk about what meetings can be cancelled
12:24:57 [McCool]
seb: would be better if we concentrate on testfests
12:25:40 [Ege]
Ege has joined #wot
12:26:33 [kaz]
12:26:38 [McCool]
mm: so... for discovery, perhaps should focus on testing, even if it puts the spec behind schedule
12:27:47 [McCool]
kaz: one exception, have brief main call to synchronize people
12:27:57 [kaz]
ack k
12:28:30 [McCool]
topic: f2f
12:28:57 [McCool]
seb: still filling in topics
12:29:43 [kaz]
i|still|->,_June_2021#Virtual_F2F vF2F wiki|
12:30:07 [kaz]
->,_June_2021#Proposed_Topics Proposed topics
12:30:34 [McCool]
mm: important that we fill in time estimates, each TF should do
12:30:51 [McCool]
... also allocated 2h to discuss testing results so we can figure out how to address gaps
12:31:01 [McCool]
topic: publications
12:31:14 [McCool]
seb: TD update will be out next week June 1
12:32:18 [McCool]
topic: liaisons
12:32:38 [McCool]
IETF T2TRG, summary planned for June 17/21/22; doodle ongoing
12:32:56 [McCool]
mm: should not conflict with F2F, either Seb or I will join and give WoT update
12:33:06 [McCool]
topic: workshop
12:33:29 [McCool]
andrea: workshop on iot conference, on discovery
12:33:47 [McCool]
... and we would of course cover wot, but would not limit the workshop to that
12:34:13 [McCool]
... would like blessing, and also check for overlaps
12:34:47 [kaz]
s/topic: workshop/topic: workshop at the IoT Conference/
12:36:19 [kaz]
12:37:03 [kaz]
-> call for workshop page
12:37:14 [kaz]
kaz: a bit confused
12:37:25 [kaz]
... so you're organizing a workshop on WoT discovery?
12:37:33 [kaz]
andrea: yes
12:37:56 [kaz]
kaz: so we should look at the call for workshops page above
12:40:45 [kaz]
... Andrea, could you generate a draft proposal and send it to the WoT groups?
12:40:46 [McCool]
andrea: I will send a draft proposal out by email and ask for feedback
12:40:58 [kaz]
i/a bit/scribenick: kaz/
12:41:07 [kaz]
i/will send/scribeick: McCool/
12:42:00 [McCool]
topic: tfs
12:42:13 [McCool]
scripting no call, holiday
12:44:02 [Ege]
12:44:09 [kaz]
ack k
12:47:11 [McCool]
discovery: need to make a decision about API restructuring... please review prs etc and comment
12:47:30 [McCool]
marketing: captions are done, in multiple languages, for animation
12:47:48 [McCool]
... also, td wiki page is now accepted and updated, finally
12:49:47 [McCool]
mm: do think we need to update the web of things wiki page too, and eventually need to cover discovery, etc.
12:50:16 [kaz]
s/td wiki/TD wiki/
12:50:59 [McCool]
seb: also discussed various conferences and talks coming up
12:51:16 [zkis]
zkis has joined #wot
12:51:30 [mjk]
mjk has joined #wot
12:51:41 [McCool]
... please see marketing agenda for a list
12:55:23 [McCool]
use cases: discussed cultural space
12:57:29 [McCool]
testfest: working on metadata for implementation report; added some details around discovery
12:59:29 [kaz]
-> May-20 Architecture call
13:02:03 [kaz]
[main cal adjourned; testfest starts at 10mins past the hour]
13:02:08 [kaz]
rrsagent, draft minutes
13:02:08 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate kaz
14:03:04 [Mizushima]
Mizushima has left #wot
14:44:14 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #wot
14:58:51 [zkis]
zkis has joined #wot